7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by SunKing
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tracelifter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballdad:

<<<Am I missing something here or is a" mans "word worth anything any more. If I tell someone Im going to do something my word is worth more than a couple hundred bucks .>>>
    I feel for you and understand. I was chumped about a year ago for a lousy $50 on a pin. I had a verbal phone call deal and I was on my way Sun morning to pick up the pin. Next Morning I call to confirm and the seller says I sold it and got $50 more last night. I said, "Why did you at least not call me at the time and allow me a chance to bid higher on your broken word as a gentleman"? He became upset (with guilt I suppose) and hung up the phone. Lol.
    My word is very important to me. Handshake even more...I would die before breaking a deal and trust me I have had countless opportunities to screw my fellow man/woman over in deals in 30 years. I choose not to, like you At least we do not have to worry or look over our backs
    The world is lacking so much in courtesy and integrity these days So sad!

It sucks but it is the way it is.
    I sold a MB for 48, made the deal with the first guy contingent on his seeing and playing the game the following weekend.
    In the interim I got a few offers for more, one for 55.
    I was really hoping the first guy wouldn't show up or if he did that he would lowball me but he showed up when he said he would and just peeled off the green.
    In the end I got my asking price and didn't "lose" anything.

Before you burn a bridge for a few bucks remember what a small community you are dealing with and act accordingly.

#121 7 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

If you were still trying to talk him down, then the deal was never final. End of story. Quoting ebay prices is retarded as well. Ebay sucks...

Condition is king, how can you price a game without knowing how many little 300 dollar boxes from Marco etc. are in it?
    When people start in on the "I can get that game on Ebay for bla bla bla" I tell them that is the way they should go and this game is not for them.
    They can get that title but not that game.
    I seldom list a game for sale, most are bought by people who play the game and ask me if I want to sell it and if not want me to notify them when I tire of it.
    I never look at CL or Ebay and already know about the local snaprag flippers and don't bother with any of it.
    When I first got into the hobby I was burned badly on a PZ off Ebay, should have been listed as a Part Me Zone.
    I paid the tuition to be schooled about Ebay, never again.
    A can of yellow spraypaint and creative photography can make a Party Zone look really good in pictures.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 244.99
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Cabinet Parts
    PinBoltCaps
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    $ 28.00
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 115.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 189.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tracelifter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside