7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by SunKing
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 7 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I love people like this who think they own the board.
    alexlevy said:Robin,
    Please lock this thread. We don't need this kind of Drama and Bitching. JHanley and DonJagra please take it offline.
    Respectfully,
    -Alex

Hardly think I own anything. Just a request nothing more. It's fine when you have spirited debates but when 2 people start calling each other asshole and various other things nothing good can come of that

#102 7 years ago
    Quoted from Shug:

My (very inexperienced) take on doing business with fellow pinsiders: To me the most important aspect of this is not only to get a nice machine at a fair price but to also cultivate a relationship with that person. From my limited experience in reading/participating on this forum/community by and large everyone here seems great. I have only ever bought one machine and was lucky enough to have bought it from a fellow pinsider and the whole deal went about as smooth as it could have for both sides: I got a nice machine at a what I feel was a fair price and the seller felt good about what I paid him for the machine. So win/win.
    Best part is I now feel like I have a little bit closer relationship with someone in the same hobby as me and on top of that they are more experienced and knowledgeable than myself so I think that might pay out other dividends of it's own in the future.
    I'm sorry the same thing did not happen for you two guys.</blockquote
    I had the best experience when I bought my earthshaker from a guy in SLC. We still keep in touch sometimes. I can get along with anyone that treats me with respect. If I give someone my word its gospel.But I expect it in return. I guess I just expect to much from people.

#103 7 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Shug said:

My (very inexperienced) take on doing business with fellow pinsiders: To me the most important aspect of this is not only to get a nice machine at a fair price but to also cultivate a relationship with that person. From my limited experience in reading/participating on this forum/community by and large everyone here seems great. I have only ever bought one machine and was lucky enough to have bought it from a fellow pinsider and the whole deal went about as smooth as it could have for both sides: I got a nice machine at a what I feel was a fair price and the seller felt good about what I paid him for the machine. So win/win.
    Best part is I now feel like I have a little bit closer relationship with someone in the same hobby as me and on top of that they are more experienced and knowledgeable than myself so I think that might pay out other dividends of it's own in the future.
    I'm sorry the same thing did not happen for you two guys.</blockquote
    I had the best experience when I bought my earthshaker from a guy in SLC. We still keep in touch sometimes. I can get along with anyone that treats me with respect. If I give someone my word its gospel.But I expect it in return. I guess I just expect to much from people.

I'm on the same page with ya on that man

#104 7 years ago

Hey, actually this could still get resolved right on this forum. Im going to SLC tomorrow. If its not about making extra money I have my $1800 right in my wallet ready to buy.

#106 7 years ago

My few years of buying pins I have learned to do the following.

2 kinds of CL ads.

- Low price new posts: These you have to act fast and meet them that day with cash. Always have to be a few hours drive max. Always.

- Higer ones re-listed: These you can do the more traditional purchases where you can meet in a few days. Even drive out of state since.

Most important. If its too good to be true it is. Everyone knows pin prices or can look them up online. No one sells something without knowing the price or approx price.

When I am in the market for a pin I have cash on hand and ready in minutes to drive. I know it sucks but such is the market with CL.

#107 7 years ago

If you were still trying to talk him down, then the deal was never final. End of story. Quoting ebay prices is retarded as well. Ebay sucks...

#108 7 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

If you were still trying to talk him down, then the deal was never final. End of story. Quoting ebay prices is retarded as well. Ebay sucks...

LOL! If only my pins were worth the Ebay asking prices

#109 7 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Hey, actually this could still get resolved right on this forum. Im going to SLC tomorrow. If its not about making extra money I have my $1800 right in my wallet ready to buy.

Hmmmm....I'm thinking after all that been brought into public....this might be a no.

#110 7 years ago
    Quoted from JDub1006:

Hmmmm....I'm thinking after all that been brought into public....this might be a no.

#111 7 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I think you have a better shot at hitting the Powerball than getting this machine.

#112 7 years ago

I was going to his house tomorrow to see the machine.I never said I wouldnt buy it for $ 1800 I was just seeing if he would take a $100 less. He knew I was extremely interested and was going to buy it as I told him on the phone. I still would. He just thought he could get a lot more when he saw one sell on ebay and he told me that.We were emailing back and forth over this for a while.

#113 7 years ago

Wow...

You wonder why no one want's to sell you a pin.

Stop whining and move on.

#114 7 years ago

I just read this thread for the first time all the way through. The second 50 posts say the exact same thing as the first 50. Looks like everyone is just kicking a dead horse. While your here venting and kicking a horse there Is a great deal for $1800 slipping away. Oh wait its $2000 now. Well you missed another one. Is this really worth wasting this much time on?

#115 7 years ago

Im over it now.Nuff said.

#116 7 years ago

Dont have time to read whole thread - skimmed a few but i will say this- i would rather take less than deal with an annoying buyer and pay more than deal with an annoying seller.

#117 7 years ago
    Quoted from BVM:

To all those who have lost out.. That is life! Moaning about it will not make the seller bring the machine to you (the buyer)

Hmmm....do you just cut and paste that the 12 times you posted it? Understand your position, move on.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #120 7 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I was going to his house tomorrow to see the machine.I never said I wouldnt buy it for $ 1800 I was just seeing if he would take a $100 less. He knew I was extremely interested and was going to buy it as I told him on the phone. I still would. He just thought he could get a lot more when he saw one sell on ebay and he told me that.We were emailing back and forth over this for a while.

We're not privy to your emails and phone calls, but if you were still negotiating on price, you didn't have a deal.

#121 7 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Condition is king, how can you price a game without knowing how many little 300 dollar boxes from Marco etc. are in it?
    When people start in on the "I can get that game on Ebay for bla bla bla" I tell them that is the way they should go and this game is not for them.
    They can get that title but not that game.
    I seldom list a game for sale, most are bought by people who play the game and ask me if I want to sell it and if not want me to notify them when I tire of it.
    I never look at CL or Ebay and already know about the local snaprag flippers and don't bother with any of it.
    When I first got into the hobby I was burned badly on a PZ off Ebay, should have been listed as a Part Me Zone.
    I paid the tuition to be schooled about Ebay, never again.
    A can of yellow spraypaint and creative photography can make a Party Zone look really good in pictures.

#122 7 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

if you were still negotiating on price, you didn't have a deal.

Bingo.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 2.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 79.00
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    Boards
    PCB Emporium
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 74.00
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 35.95
    Playfield - Other
    MicksPinball
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Great American Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 74.00
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 8.50
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 300.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 36.99
    There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside