image-925.jpg
image-50.jpg
image-242.jpg
image-445.jpg
image-537.jpg
NG234_VB_999.jpg
image-788.jpg
image.jpg
There are 279 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 10 years ago

Which one??

#152 10 years ago

Cyber, that is just awesome looking. I just got out of the dentist office. I'm about to send a PM your way. Thanks for the kind words.

Quoted from Gerry:

Dude, your wife is HOT !

Thanks man! Yea she is the best. That's us on the right in that group photo. Those 8 thousand dollar "enhancements" I got her were worth every penny. That Japanese tattoo on my chest mean Man of Iron, Tetsujin, Iron Man.

image-128.jpgimage-128.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image-607.jpgimage-607.jpg

#153 10 years ago

I'm a lucky guy. Be even luckier when I gey my IM Pro.

#154 10 years ago

I'd sell my pro if I could use the money towards, er, "enhancements"!

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

I've got a perfect...ZERO wear HUO Iron Man with low plays, zero magnet wear, full cointaker led's, mirror blades, shaker motor, under cab lighting, etc.... Never seen a fan of Iron Man to this degree. Just awesome. I'm inspired. lol. Have considered it bolted to the ground but shoot me an email Grinder901. Maybe we can work something out.

IMG_4349.jpg 41 KB

IMG_4348.JPG 43 KB

Wait! Does this mean that you don't want my AC/DC Premium as bad as you said, because you told me IM was "bolted to your floor"?

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Haha. She drives a Nissan Rogue and I personalized her license plate to read SUPRWMN. My Dodge Avenger says IRONMN. Truthfully the wife is my real hero. Don't know how she does it.

#157 10 years ago

mama mia !

I thought those things were like 4K...

My, times have changed !

But they are awesome !

Congrats on the boobs, and the IM PRO !

Good decision ! on both

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Dude, your wife is HOT !

How did you know that? I was looking at some pics of an ironman room
Gerry says your wife's hot and bam there's the pics to prove it.
You are the man, I can't wait till Allentown is here.

#159 10 years ago

I think he saw the Halloween pic with her dressed as Super Woman.

#160 10 years ago

Ok so I think I have a seller and he is asking 5k. Shipping is on me. Can anyone recommend a good shipping company they've used before and what their rates run? My zip is 38139. Seller's zip is 15061.

#161 10 years ago

No "enhancements" for you! Your wife is fine just the way she is! (how's her drumming coming along?)

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wait! Does this mean that you don't want my AC/DC Premium as bad as you said, because you told me IM was "bolted to your floor"?

I really did want your ac/dc..couldn't wait..Luci is coming home.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Ok so I think I have a seller and he is asking 5k. Shipping is on me. Can anyone recommend a good shipping company they've used before and what their rates run? My zip is 38139. Seller's zip is 15061.

If it's in good shape..take it and run!!! 5k is a crazy good deal!! Call STI/NAVL. Shipping will run between 350-450. Congrats!!

#164 10 years ago

Looks to be in really good shape. I'm calling them now. I'm going to use them for my SST sale I'm about to close as well.

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

I really did want your ac/dc..couldn't wait..Luci is coming home.

Congrats! You are going to love AC/DC!

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Congrats! You are going to love AC/DC!

Thanks Rob!! Save your MOPLE for me. Seriously.. I want it!

#167 10 years ago

Is there a link so I can learn all these short hand initials for all these machines?

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Is there a link so I can learn all these short hand initials for all these machines?

Try this link: http://www.ipdb.org/lists.cgi?anonymously=true&list=abbrev

I have it bookmarked myself.

#169 10 years ago

Also, can you guys give me advice on payment options. Do I just cut a check or do I use Paypal? Full payment upfront? Deposit and then final amount upon arrival? Not sure route to take and seller isnt sure of the safest route either.

#170 10 years ago

Thanks, I also bookmarked it.

#171 10 years ago

If you are going to buy a game and have it shipped, make sure you get lots and lots of pictures. And do research on the seller as well if possible. Sorry if that has been harped on, just wouldn't want you to regret spending all that money and not getting exactly what you want.

#172 10 years ago

Send a certified bank check to the guy, and let him wait to ship till your check clears.. that seems to pretty much be the norm

#173 10 years ago

I know this is kind of old but...

Quoted from DK:

That would be awesome, but it seems doubtful. IM 3 has already been made. I find it hard to believe whoever signed the rights to IM would be ok with it coming out again

I just bought a Batmobile at Toys R Us. From Batman Returns. New. They also had the Batmobile from Batman Forever as an option. I had seen the same ones at Target.

I find it hard to believe that whoever signed the rights to Batman would be okay with having ANYTHING from Batman Forever ever mentioned again, but there it was, on the shelves of Toys R Us.

You can see it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Wheels-Batman-Forever-Batmobile-Series/dp/B0046V2JKI

If IM stays at a high price, I think there is a definite chance it could be remade. Having said that, I don't think that the market for them is as robust as a few people on here seem to believe that it is. There aren't enough of them, so a run of 50 might completely satisfy the market.

And for the record, full disclosure - I own an Iron Man. If there is enough demand, I hope they remake it. But I think that people really overblow it's popularity.

#174 10 years ago

IM had its day. BSD, Shadow, Congo all had their runs. Even WOF and RBION had its little run . Difference is IM is a great game. The others are good games, but not great. IM isn't as hot as it was, but it's still more desirable than most. And the base price starts a good $1000 higher now than it was pre-hype, and money talks. I still maintain that when I was arguing IMs could be had in the $4's that they could be. Not any more.

If I had to bet, I'd say IM pricing holds pretty firm, whereas a lot of other games are really sagging.

#175 10 years ago

Getting the toys paying for the license again, and to maybe sell them in a mass quantity, nah...

If they ran them they would definately sell them, but how many ?

Stern has sucked alot of cash out of the new pin market, and aside from select a few, there are more than not that cant afford every new game that comes out...

I think it would be to big of a gamble for Stern to do another run...

they arent gonna do a run of 50 either, that would totally not be cost effective at all...

#176 10 years ago

I expect another IM run to be announced very early next month.

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Why wait? You can buy mine now for $6,800!

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Your a fool

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

As in April 1st?

#181 10 years ago

I'm still going to get mine. But lets just say for arguments sake that they do end up rereleasing IM. With its popularity, I wonder what the starting MSRP would be. Any guesses?

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'm still going to get mine. But lets just say for arguments sake that they do end up rereleasing IM. With its popularity, I wonder what the starting MSRP would be. Any guesses?

$9,999,999. Ain't gonna happen

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

$6,499

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Getting the toys paying for the license again, and to maybe sell them in a mass quantity, nah...
If they ran them they would definately sell them, but how many ?
Stern has sucked alot of cash out of the new pin market, and aside from select a few, there are more than not that cant afford every new game that comes out...
I think it would be to big of a gamble for Stern to do another run...
they arent gonna do a run of 50 either, that would totally not be cost effective at all...

This has been my argument for a while. There aren't that many Iron Man pins out there. When they were made, the collector market absolutely slammed them. I was at the launch party, and I was the one guy there singing the praises, so many other people were saying that the game was a cheap knock off of Austin Powers, which was a bad game to start with. I was saying that it was one of the most challenging but fair pins I had ever played, and it was amazing (I also, for the record, do enjoy AP).

The reason I don't think we're going to see another run has NOTHING to do with licensing or toys. I've worked with things that are 'not new' licensed and basically, if you write a check they'll sell you the license - they just don't usually sell old licenses because unless you're making something for the collectible market, why would you want the Batmobile from Batman Forever instead of the one that just had a billion dollar trilogy to back up? The issue of the toys not being on it, even with the Monger bash toy, can be easily designed out.

But the reason that I don't think that there will be a rerun is that the demand for the game I think still comes from a pretty small sector of people. It would in no way be cost effective for Stern to run 50 of them, but I wonder if 50 IM at $5k would entirely satisfy the market - I think it might.

I still know a lot of people that really dislike the game for a whole variety of reasons that I understand. In my circle of pinball friends, there are I think less than a handful of us that own an IM, but I know no one else actively seeking one out right now. Online, there always seem to be a few people seeking them, and they rarely come up for sale...

...but they were almost exclusively sold to the operator market when they came out too, as again, collectors slammed the game horribly.

I think there is a huge risk that they remake the machines, ops see the pricing, pull theirs off route and the market is flooded with them and they are unable to sell them.

I welcome them to remake it. I just don't think they will

#185 10 years ago

So here is a question for the experts: how many games are considered "normal" use? It was released what back in 2010? So almost four years later, those of you who have IM pros, what number of games are you sitting at?

#186 10 years ago

Mine got reset, but I know I put almost exactly 1k plays on it in a year. I set up my games ultra nasty though, so that makes them go quickly.

#187 10 years ago

How did it get reset and why?

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

This has been my argument for a while. There aren't that many Iron Man pins out there. When they were made, the collector market absolutely slammed them. I was at the launch party, and I was the one guy there singing the praises, so many other people were saying that the game was a cheap knock off of Austin Powers, which was a bad game to start with. I was saying that it was one of the most challenging but fair pins I had ever played, and it was amazing (I also, for the record, do enjoy AP).
The reason I don't think we're going to see another run has NOTHING to do with licensing or toys. I've worked with things that are 'not new' licensed and basically, if you write a check they'll sell you the license - they just don't usually sell old licenses because unless you're making something for the collectible market, why would you want the Batmobile from Batman Forever instead of the one that just had a billion dollar trilogy to back up? The issue of the toys not being on it, even with the Monger bash toy, can be easily designed out.
But the reason that I don't think that there will be a rerun is that the demand for the game I think still comes from a pretty small sector of people. It would in no way be cost effective for Stern to run 50 of them, but I wonder if 50 IM at $5k would entirely satisfy the market - I think it might.
I still know a lot of people that really dislike the game for a whole variety of reasons that I understand. In my circle of pinball friends, there are I think less than a handful of us that own an IM, but I know no one else actively seeking one out right now. Online, there always seem to be a few people seeking them, and they rarely come up for sale...
...but they were almost exclusively sold to the operator market when they came out too, as again, collectors slammed the game horribly.
I think there is a huge risk that they remake the machines, ops see the pricing, pull theirs off route and the market is flooded with them and they are unable to sell them.
I welcome them to remake it. I just don't think they will

50 would satisfy the market? 50? 50? I just want to make sure I'm understanding you, because that's such a random and bogus sounding opinion. Hundreds and hundreds of every recent game rolling off the lines. Run after run of ACDC and Tron....but 50 more IMs is going to satisfy the market?

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

So here is a question for the experts: how many games are considered "normal" use? It was released what back in 2010? So almost four years later, those of you who have IM pros, what number of games are you sitting at?

For a game like IM, 5000 plays could equate to 500 on a game like LOTR or Transformers. High plays is to be expected. A game can last 30 seconds!

The # of plays in general is virtually irrelevant. How much wear is on the playfield (around the flippers, slings, pops, saucers, VUKs scoops and magnets...even ball drop areas and switch slits)? And don't forget that shooter lane! How fresh does the playfield look underneath? What does the back and bottom of the cab look like? How do the boards look behind the translite? Do wires or connectors or coils or boards look fried or smoky? If all looks well, and the seller says it's working with no errors, your game is fine.

#190 10 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

How did it get reset and why?

It was reset when I took ownership of the game. I don't remember if I did it or the seller did it, but I really don't care. I'm sure it will have tens of thousands of plays on it before it leaves. When I'm dead.

50 would satisfy the market? 50? 50? I just want to make sure I'm understanding you, because that's such a random and bogus sounding opinion. Hundreds and hundreds of every recent game rolling off the lines. Run after run of ACDC and Tron....but 50 more IMs is going to satisfy the market?

There are supposedly about 1000 IMs that were produced. 1000? 1000?

To make sure that you're understanding me, that is FAR less than ACDC, Tron, or just about anything else recently had rolling off the line.

The fact is that probably 3/4ths of those went to ops because NO ONE was buying them. Go look at RGP when the game came out, and you'll find post after post of collectors bashing it, talking about how cheap it is, and how they would never get one. I was talking about how I loved it, but no one was listening.

So let's say that there are somewhere to the tune of 400 of these that have made it into homes so far. Unmodded, it is at most around a $5k machine.

Compare that to Tron LE, that with the exact same number of machines made, and a TON of Pros made with extremely limited differences between the two of them still sell for $10k+. Produce IM at a price cost of $5,000, and how many people are out there REALLY fighting to get one right now? The games that are selling for $6k are all games that have tons of modding done to them. Even if you believe that 800 of those IMs are off route and in homes now, producing just 80 of them would add 10% more available machines to the market.

No matter what, IM is not Tron or ACDC, and that is coming from a guy who will tell you IM is his favorite game. I totally get why it doesn't appeal to a significant number of collectors, and the reason for it's high price is directly related to the few machines on the market and the hype people give it.

#191 10 years ago

For a game like IM, 5000 plays could equate to 500 on a game like LOTR or Transformers. High plays is to be expected. A game can last 30 seconds!
The # of plays in general is virtually irrelevant. How much wear is on the playfield (around the flippers, slings, pops, saucers, VUKs scoops and magnets...even ball drop areas and switch slits)? And don't forget that shooter lane! How fresh does the playfield look underneath? What does the back and bottom of the cab look like? How do the boards look behind the translite? Do wires or connectors or coils or boards look fried or smoky? If all looks well, and the seller says it's working with no errors, your game is fine.

I've seen plenty of his pictures and the game looks great. Clean and seems very well taken care of. I think he is going to send me video of it working as well. Thanks for the heads up on the game counter question.

#192 10 years ago

Can't wait to see a pic of the game in your house!

#193 10 years ago

Condition is king, # of plays can mean absolutely nothing, if its nice its nice..thats it..

Enjoy your new game...

And BTW the lockdown bar can hole the weight of a hottie, if ya know what i mean LOL...

#194 10 years ago

When I got mine it was sited for a little over 18 months and had about 3500 games on it and then I put another approx 1800 games on it just short of 2 years. It was clean and great shape, my only observation is to keep it clean with new balls once a year and polished regularly.

You will see a slight scuff pattern from the kickback so I cleaned and polished this area more regularly than the rest of the playfield.

I was forced to sell mine due to job loss but now working and wouldn't hesitate in buying it back - great game.

#195 10 years ago

Flippers are easy but so many terms, VUKs? saucers? Haha man I have so much to learn.

Quoted from spfxted:

Can't wait to see a pic of the game in your house!

I'm unpacking all my Iron Man stuff and man there's just so much! I went hog wild there for a while. Ive slowed down considerably in the past year or two. I plan on using comics as wall paper behind the arcade, should look cool.

Quoted from Gerry:

Condition is king, # of plays can mean absolutely nothing, if its nice its nice..thats it..
Enjoy your new game...
And BTW the lockdown bar can hole the weight of a hottie, if ya know what i mean LOL...

Nice, good to know. I'll make sure to break it in the right way when I get it. Haha

#196 10 years ago

Future Iron man arcade room:

image-788.jpgimage-788.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg
#197 10 years ago

If I were you, I'd spring for the Iron Man Classic. There are a lot of purists here (with a lot of money to throw around, no less), but judging by your background I would go the cheaper route. If you really enjoy the game, think about buying some other pins down the line. The game itself though looks very close to the original from a shots/rules standpoint, which I think is the most important part. No magnets and a few other minor issues are missing? Meh, you are saving a couple thousand dollars, so I think the trade-off is worth it. It's not like we're talking about the Avengers or Transformers "The Pin", which have very minimal depth and are completely different from the original games. Hell, with the Iron Man Classic, you even still get a DMD, heh. I say go for it!

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from akm:

If I were you, I'd spring for the Iron Man Classic. There are a lot of purists here (with a lot of money to throw around, no less), but judging by your background I would go the cheaper route. If you really enjoy the game, think about buying some other pins down the line. The game itself though looks very close from a shots/rules standpoint, which I think is the most important part. No magnets and a few other minor issues are missing? Meh, you are saving a couple thousand dollars, so I think the trade-off is worth it. It's not like we're talking about the Avengers or Transformers "The Pin", which have very minimal depth and are completely different from the original games. Hell, with the Iron Man Classic, you even still get a DMD, heh. I say go for it!

The only problem with your advice is resale value. If he decides (for whatever reason) to sell IM Classic, it will be much more difficult. OTOH, if he get's into a Pro, he'll have no problem selling it.

#199 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The only problem with your advice is resale value. If he decides (for whatever reason) to sell IM Classic, it will be much more difficult. OTOH, if he get's into a Pro, he'll have no problem selling it.

That is a legitimate concern, but to be honest, as long as he gets a decent deal on it (not $3,700), I don't think he will have too much trouble parting with it (if he even ends up wanting to). It's a fairly rare piece, so I can see it having a certain kind of collector appeal to some individuals.

#200 10 years ago

That and the ludicrous price of the classic. And rare don't mean dick when it's lame.

There are 279 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-am-in-the-market-for-an-iron-man-pin/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.