Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by viper001
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20121119-115538 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2112 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    Me&Trophy (resized).jpg
    DSCN5111 (resized).JPG
    tumblr_nhmr7u3EwN1t0f6o2o3_400.gif
    playing_in_the_mud (resized).jpg
    IMG_0712 (resized).JPG
    shiny happy (resized).jpg
    55796-Olivia-Wilde-cheers-wink-gif-1-hgFM.gif
    IMG_3500 (resized).JPG
    download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 7 years ago

It's been a long, long time since pinball has been this healthy. I think you have to go back to the early '90s to find a time when pinball manufacturers were so stable and there was an expectation that the next game(s) coming out would be good. In the early 2000s, things were so wildly up and down between releases, and the economy was just as shaky.

I think a huge part of today's resurgence comes from the '70s and '80s arcade brats coming into money as well. I wonder if the '90s kids will keep things rolling and expanding the market or if the '70s and '80s kids will need to be the majority of the market. I would think that people in their 30s to 50s now could be in pinball buying mode for a good decade or two.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If you don't like spending a dollar to play a newer game, there are still plenty of older ones that can be played for a quarter or fifty cents.. And at my place I even have some that takes nickels.
    If all that's too rich for your blood, then it may be best to find another way to amuse yourself.

We have nickel arcades with pinball too (modern games are $0.15), but I don't think that's common for most the world these days.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Modern games are fifteen cents? I didn't know you could set them up for that. Then you'd need custom cards as well. I guess where there's a will, there's a way.

It takes one nickel per credit, set to 3 credits per game. It probably reads as 75 cents, I haven't paid attention.

#61 7 years ago

The IFPA has been a massive driver for growth in the hobby.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-am-happy-with-the-pinball-industry-as-it-is-today?tu=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.