Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by viper001
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20121119-115538 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2112 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    Me&Trophy (resized).jpg
    DSCN5111 (resized).JPG
    tumblr_nhmr7u3EwN1t0f6o2o3_400.gif
    playing_in_the_mud (resized).jpg
    IMG_0712 (resized).JPG
    shiny happy (resized).jpg
    55796-Olivia-Wilde-cheers-wink-gif-1-hgFM.gif
    IMG_3500 (resized).JPG
    download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Danni_NZ.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 7 years ago

I have to say that, as a younger member of the pinball community, I believe that the older I get the happier I am that this hobby and scene is thriving once more. I believe my skills and love for pinball has flourished. I probably would have fallen out of loving pinball again had I not grown up and met others in the scene (etc, etc, ). I just feel so grateful, and I cannot put thoughts to paper in the way I would like. The industry fuels that, and allows me to have an active interest in the development of pinball. It gives me something to do in my spare time, too.

Although a tad dramatic, I probably wouldn't be here without pinball. So, again, I am very grateful.

Me&Trophy (resized).jpgMe&Trophy (resized).jpg

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Me too! These ones currently reside in my living room. Other games come and go, but these stay.

I love those games!

Adding my 10 cents again, I think that games from all eras are good. Harlem Globe Trotters is one of my favourites.
    But, I still respect all of the games made today. I think that the way the rule sets have developed has allowed for more intriguing games where you can take way longer to try and process how the game works and how to get to a top score (oooh Top Score is a good game too )! The art has changed because obviously technology has changed too. I think that some of the modern art is way better than the older games, e.g. I do actually think that Ghostbusters has one of the best art packages ever - however looking at the older games has its value. I love Bally's Firecracker. Especially the cabinet. That kind of art, although it looks weird and not realistic and cartoonish, is SO COOL. Look at the moustache on the cabinet. You don't get that with modern machines.

I think both have their advantages and disadvantages. But I am making this post as more of a tournament and HUO perspective, because I don't really do location games as much. My country doesn't have many. (Although, I would think that EMS would need to be serviced more often with the reels??).

Danni.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Danni_NZ.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-am-happy-with-the-pinball-industry-as-it-is-today?tu=Danni_NZ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.