3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by viper001
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20121119-115538 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2112 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    Me&Trophy (resized).jpg
    DSCN5111 (resized).JPG
    tumblr_nhmr7u3EwN1t0f6o2o3_400.gif
    playing_in_the_mud (resized).jpg
    IMG_0712 (resized).JPG
    shiny happy (resized).jpg
    55796-Olivia-Wilde-cheers-wink-gif-1-hgFM.gif
    IMG_3500 (resized).JPG
    download (resized).jpg

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

It seems we have more choices than ever with all the different companies making games. Seems there is a machine to suit just about everybody's taste and budget. If you don't like one, then play another. There are plenty to choose from just like the good old days.

Yes, this is a wonderful time for pinball and I get to play any or all of them at anybody's place that buys them. I am glad there are people out there that still do buy them.

#2 3 years ago

Cool thread. Pinball is people too!

#3 3 years ago

Burn the witch!

#4 3 years ago

It is a very special time indeed.

We are fortunate to be part of it.

LTG : )

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

It is a very special time indeed.
    We are fortunate to be part of it.

We may never see another time like this again! Let's enjoy it while its here.

download (resized).jpg

#6 3 years ago

Me enjoying my boys enjoying pinball......(in Vegas...!!!)............Joey
    IMG_3500 (resized).JPG

#7 3 years ago

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times... Still, having a blast

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Me enjoying my boys enjoying pinball......(in Vegas...!!!)............Joey

Yup and if they break you dont have to fix them, i LOVE that!

#9 3 years ago

It's true, people perhaps lack perspective on what it was like trying to restore games 20 years ago.

Sure, DMD games were cheap but if you had a busted plastic... You'd have to part out another game for it.

#10 3 years ago

Its amazing! Im thrilled!
    Pinball IS Great Again!

#11 3 years ago

I am shocked and amazed that pinball is as viable as it is currently. Thank you to all that are fueling this by restoring old, given up for dead machines.

#12 3 years ago

I watched the reveal of Dialed In on my phone, live. Dialed In was made by a company not named Stern. JPP, the creator of Dialed In is one of 6 pinball machine manufacturers and includes a 27" game-integrated video display.

I can download stereo quality user created sounds for my games. I can replace my DMD with a full color DMD created specially for my game.

Yeah, I'd say this is the golden age for the pinball hobby.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It seems we have more choices than ever with all the different companies making games...Yes, this is a wonderful time for pinball...

It sure is. And we all should thank Gary Stern for keeping Pinball alive in the intervening years after the collapse of the industry in the 90's.

#14 3 years ago

My, what a nice pleasant happy thread.

#15 3 years ago

55796-Olivia-Wilde-cheers-wink-gif-1-hgFM.gif

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

It's true, people perhaps lack perspective on what it was like trying to restore games 20 years ago.
    Sure, DMD games were cheap but if you had a busted plastic... You'd have to part out another game for it.

Ain't that the truth? When I tell people how many cheap TAFs and TZs I could have bought, they look at me like I'm crazy for not picking them all up... but when there was NO PARTS to get the machines working, what did it really matter? Today, we can fix darn near anything. To me, that's amazing.

#17 3 years ago

I like pinball.

#18 3 years ago

shiny happy (resized).jpg

#19 3 years ago

Pinball Lives Matter …..

#20 3 years ago

This thread is like a breath of fresh air !! So much bitching and whining so its nice to see something positive. Yes, pins have become more expensive , but doesnt everything in every hobby as time goes on ? We have never had the luxury of having such amazing resources to repair and restore all of our machines. So many eras of pins too choose from and so many nice restored machines to buy if thats your thing. Hail pinball !!!!

#21 3 years ago

"Of pinball I'm a fan / I've seen a whole lotta slumps" - Q-Tip, horribly paraphrased

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

This thread is like a breath of fresh air !! So much bitching and whining so its nice to see something positive. Yes, pins have become more expensive , but doesnt everything in every hobby as time goes on ? We have never had the luxury of having such amazing resources to repair and restore all of our machines. So many eras of pins too choose from and so many nice restored machines to buy if thats your thing. Hail pinball !!!!

Agree, and big time thanks O-din!!! Does this mean we can actually appreciate and enjoy our hobby now? Crazy talk...

#23 3 years ago

Honk if you love pinball in 2016!

IMG_0712 (resized).JPG

#24 3 years ago

It's been a long, long time since pinball has been this healthy. I think you have to go back to the early '90s to find a time when pinball manufacturers were so stable and there was an expectation that the next game(s) coming out would be good. In the early 2000s, things were so wildly up and down between releases, and the economy was just as shaky.

I think a huge part of today's resurgence comes from the '70s and '80s arcade brats coming into money as well. I wonder if the '90s kids will keep things rolling and expanding the market or if the '70s and '80s kids will need to be the majority of the market. I would think that people in their 30s to 50s now could be in pinball buying mode for a good decade or two.

#25 3 years ago

I agree, it's a great time to be in this hobby but NIB prices are just getting out of control.

#26 3 years ago

Ehhhhh......Happy there is more manufacturers and yes it is healthy now but the greed and prices going thru the roof of new games is getting a little silly. Lets hope these manufacturers don't make it impossible to route games and run locations effectively allowing everyone to be able to enjoy the new games. Competition is supposed to start lowering prices, not raising them, crazy times but fun times for being in the hobby with more and more choices.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

the greed and prices going thru the roof of new games is getting a little silly.

If you don't like spending a dollar to play a newer game, there are still plenty of older ones that can be played for a quarter or fifty cents. And at my place I even have some that takes nickels.

If all that's too rich for your blood, then it may be best to find another way to amuse yourself.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If you don't like spending a dollar to play a newer game, there are still plenty of older ones that can be played for a quarter or fifty cents.. And at my place I even have some that takes nickels.
    If all that's too rich for your blood, then it may be best to find another way to amuse yourself.

We have nickel arcades with pinball too (modern games are $0.15), but I don't think that's common for most the world these days.

#29 3 years ago

Modern games are fifteen cents? I didn't know you could set them up for that. Then you'd need custom cards as well. I guess where there's a will, there's a way.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Modern games are fifteen cents? I didn't know you could set them up for that. Then you'd need custom cards as well. I guess where there's a will, there's a way.

It takes one nickel per credit, set to 3 credits per game. It probably reads as 75 cents, I haven't paid attention.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You mean like
    playing_in_the_mud (resized).jpg

#32 3 years ago

It's all good. I have recently been debating a couple of sub $500 games while others are pulling the trigger on $15k Batman SLEs. You have a point. There are games for everybody. Why does it matter?

F-it dudes. Let's play pinball. Maybe even own a couple or ten.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

F-it dudes. Let's play pinball. Maybe even own a couple or ten.

Yeah bro !!!!

#34 3 years ago

Thanks for a positive thread, o-din!

Couldn't agree more. It's a great time to be a pinhead.

I'm grateful for Stern. They have given me my greatest pinball experiences period.

I'm grateful for Spooky. AMH is an absolute blast. I can't seem to get enough of it. Code revision 23 took it from a great game to a masterpiece.

I'm grateful for 70s Gottleibs. My Fast Draw is a remarkable machine. For 1/10th price of my GBle I have loads of fun EVERYTIME.

I'm grateful for Dutch Pinball. I love my BoP2.0. They breathed a whole new life in to a nostalgic dream pin for me. I hope this model is done more. Endless possibilities.

I'm grateful for ColorDMDs, MezelMods, Cointaker, Marcos, PinballLife, Pinbits, Double Danger, Coast 2 Coast Pinball, Deadflip, Bowen Kerins PAPA Tutorials, Papa and Replayfx, My NDA/GIAC Chip Pinball Crew, Buffalo Pinball, and every Pinsider who took the time to help me troubleshoot an issue, find a machine, or invited me to their home to play pinball.

It's an amazing hobby, and an incredible time to be in it!

#35 3 years ago

Bring back DE and Williams!

#36 3 years ago

I think you meant...

tumblr_nhmr7u3EwN1t0f6o2o3_400.gif

#37 3 years ago

I'm digging the Ballys myself. Got me a nice Flash Gordon and got it running today.

If you're not buying these to put out in public for play, there are plenty of good used machines at fair prices for home enjoyment. And if you want to complain about what new ones cost, you might be part of the reason they do.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

there are plenty of good used machines at fair prices for home enjoyment.

And i think this is what is being lost on a lot of people lately !

#39 3 years ago

Wtf Odin you can't post this kinda crap on pinside and expect to get away with it!! Waaaay to positive!

I agree with you and thanks for posting

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Not me. I've got better things to do than sit around waiting for the latest code.

DSCN5111 (resized).JPG

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Not me. I've got better things to do than sit around waiting for the latest code.

Lovin it brutha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#42 3 years ago

Since ive been nice to you o-din.. Do you think i can have your Flash Gordon ?

#43 3 years ago

More people need to embrace the old days of pinball ! they would be much happier just loving pinball for what it really means which is banging around a silver ball and making lights and buzzers go off !!

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

can have your Flash Gordon ?

C'mon man! I just get it going and break two drop targets. Now where am I going to get those at 10:00 at night?

Oh yeah, Nimblepin to the rescue! Half hour later, I'm back in business!

That's what I'm talkin' bout.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

C'mon man! I just get it going and break two drop targets. Now where am I going to get those at 10:00 at night?

Ok fine !! Keep it !! You need to slow you balls down (thats what she said ! ) if you keep smashing targets !!

#46 3 years ago

I have to say that, as a younger member of the pinball community, I believe that the older I get the happier I am that this hobby and scene is thriving once more. I believe my skills and love for pinball has flourished. I probably would have fallen out of loving pinball again had I not grown up and met others in the scene (etc, etc, ). I just feel so grateful, and I cannot put thoughts to paper in the way I would like. The industry fuels that, and allows me to have an active interest in the development of pinball. It gives me something to do in my spare time, too.

Although a tad dramatic, I probably wouldn't be here without pinball. So, again, I am very grateful.

Me&Trophy (resized).jpg

#47 3 years ago

Nice trophy...!!!..............Joey

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If you don't like spending a dollar to play a newer game, there are still plenty of older ones that can be played for a quarter or fifty cents. And at my place I even have some that takes nickels.

I'm not talking about the cost to play a new game, I'm talking about the cost to buy a new game for people running locations.Keeping the hobby and pinball strong still involves people being able to put these games on location for everyone to enjoy.

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm digging the Ballys myself.

Me too! These ones currently reside in my living room. Other games come and go, but these stay.

image (resized).jpg

#50 3 years ago

Love the optimism.
    Hate the current NIB situation.
    The Renaissance happened in the nineties.
    The golden age was the seventies.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 339.00
    $ 218.00
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    ScottyMods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 339.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    $ 149.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 209.99
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside