Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Mitch
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170903_170637 (resized).jpg
20181126_182441 (resized).jpg
dm3highlight (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dementedwarlok.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 months ago

I guess this is more of a venting post than anything. I know the do's and don'ts of pinball. I went to adjust a switch from the bottom of the playfield. The game was on. I really thought I had room to move the switch out and straighten it out. I think it may have hit a coil on the way out. The high power was off. The game reset and came back on. My coils still work in test menu. I just have a bunch of switches out. I dont believe I did that. I can do the mechanical stuff but when it comes to the electronics I am dumbfounded. I still cant believe i did that, what the hell was i thinking. Not sure how to fix it the fuses are good.

#3 6 months ago

even with the high power interlock it can mess things up?

#8 6 months ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Are they all in the same columns or rows etc...

They seem to be. Switches are slings, jackpot switch and the other one on top, pops and that sling, and the right upper rollover switch

dm3highlight (resized).jpg
#9 6 months ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

You blew the U20 chip on the MPU if this is a WPC game

I have to ask how you know lol! Hope its a chip that is removable

#17 6 months ago

I had the back box open and shut off the game, watched the LEDs on the boards they stay on for a few that's for sure. Didn't time them.

#29 6 months ago

Before the topic gets to far off hand, thank you everyone for the help with possible fixes. This gives me a idea on what would have to spend to get it done. I was just laid off for about 2 months from work so funds are still pretty limited. NVRAM and socketing the chip are in the works. Cheap to order, expensive to install. I would do it myself as I have the stuff to sodder but not the tools to remove the sodder and with my luck its best to leave to the local repairman. I bought the game from my local operator and he might come by and check it out.

#30 6 months ago

I do have to ask if the chip is blown, wouldn't that effect all the switches?

#49 6 months ago

it was the U20 all is well and i will be streaming it tomarrow for about 4 hours of testing to make sure all is well. THANK YOU everyone

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dementedwarlok.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside