You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Road_Show_008.JPG
Road_Show_002.JPG
Road_Show_001.JPG
#1 11 years ago

This game is pissing me off. I have had this game about 8 years and am fed up with fixing it.
Since I have got it I have learned a lot about fixing things but this last problem has got me stumped.

2 weeks ago it would not play a game. Game would start but not kick out a ball.I popped up the playfield and 1 wire was off a flipper fixed that and game started playing. Go me.

Sunday it won't play again. Lifted playfield all wires are attached checked all the 50 Volt coils for wires off. Took out all fuses all checked good still nothing.

My friend came over and he and I did the same thing checked wires re-seated connectors checked fuses and now it played again.

Last night turned it on won't play again. None of the outhole 50 Volt coils not firing.

Someone who wants a decent RS come get it and bring me a game that works I am tired of working on this.

If you don't want the game maybe point me in the right direction on fixing this. I have no pinball fixing skills I guess.

#2 11 years ago

Forgot to add I am in Akron Ohio area if you are interested in a trade.

Road_Show_001.JPGRoad_Show_001.JPG Road_Show_002.JPGRoad_Show_002.JPG Road_Show_008.JPGRoad_Show_008.JPG

#3 11 years ago

I had all kinds of screwy things go on with my RS. Reseated cables etc. In the end I straightened all of the pins on the ribbon header and it worked perfectly from there on. What I'm saying is that reseating the connectors sometimes bends the pins so they don't make good contact. With the shaker going I think it moves the ribbon cable around and breaks continuity and it looks like more than it really is.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

re-seated connectors

That's where I'd start. If he re-seated them and it worked, check them again and fix any that are burned or loose, rather than just re-seat them.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

I had all kinds of screwy things go on with my RS. Reseated cables etc. In the end I straightened all of the pins on the ribbon header and it worked perfectly from there on. What I'm saying is that reseating the connectors sometimes bends the pins so they don't make good contact. With the shaker going I think it moves the ribbon cable around and breaks continuity and it looks like more than it really is.

That's what I would suggest too is work with the ribbon. The shaker on any game will eventually cause continuity problems. It's the nature of vibration, baby!

#6 11 years ago

I have the shaker turned off because it was shaking all kinds of things loose it has been off for like 7 years now.

#7 11 years ago

Check for a faulty interlock switch that is closed by the coin door.Also try swapping power boards with FT.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have the shaker turned off because it was shaking all kinds of things loose it has been off for like 7 years now.

wow i was told the shaker could cause a lot of problems, but yours is off?
hmm... now i am scared.

too bad you feel like this. RS is an awesome game.

#9 11 years ago

I love the game I have had it for 8 years but I am just tired of always fixing something on it. Going down to check the ribbon cables and coin door.

#10 11 years ago

Thanks for all the help. It was the ribbon cable going to the board with the batteries on it. Played a couple of games it seems fine now. THANKS FOR THE HELP

#11 11 years ago

Aawwwwww Ted!

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Thanks for all the help. It was the ribbon cable going to the board with the batteries on it. Played a couple of games it seems fine now. THANKS FOR THE HELP

Until tomorrow... Just kidding

I love my Roadshow too but have had the shaker disabled since I got it because it shook the machine too violently and can see how it could lead to stupid problems like having to reseat cables or wires breaking loose. I like how my Stern shaker on XM is so subtle and I might get around to adjusting the position of the weights on the RS to achieve the same effect because the game does benefit from having the shaker effect.

#13 11 years ago

#14 11 years ago

ive been looking for a RS project, how much do you need 6to get for it?

#15 11 years ago

great news!!! are you gonna keep it now?

#16 11 years ago

It's a pleasure, RS is a great game. Hold on to it for a bit longer and enjoy.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

wow i was told the shaker could cause a lot of problems, but yours is off?
hmm... now i am scared.
too bad you feel like this. RS is an awesome game.

You can adjust the shaker to vibrate less, just unscrew one of the counter weights and move it 90 degrees and retighten it is designed to allow you to do this. I would really miss not having it on as it is an essential part of the game for the blast zone/multiball etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 63.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 37.50
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-am-done-with-my-road-show and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.