Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sky4p4.jpg
image.jpg
DSC09295.JPG
IMG_0611.jpg
IMG_0613.jpg
100_0132.JPG

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Honestly, I just can't imagine what a great game X-Men would have been if they had eliminated the big Wolverine doll and added a "lift up" magnet toy a la Batman that transported the ball somewhere else. That would have been tons better.

Yeah instead of the big Wolverine, it would just be cool if his claws came out of the playfield as a ball lock (almost like the Magneto one, but claws) ...a game doesn't necessarily need the actual character as a toy on the playfield...something representing their powers would be just as good if not better. Your transportation idea could have represented Nightcrawler...BAMF'ing the ball from here to there. Obviously magnet tricks for Magneto, but magnetic ball movement could have also represented Storm (weather FX) or Jean Grey (psychic FX)

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah instead of the big Wolverine, it would just be cool if his claws came out of the playfield as a ball lock (almost like the Magneto one, but claws) ...a game doesn't necessarily need the actual character as a toy on the playfield...something representing their powers would be just as good if not better. Your transportation idea could have represented Nightcrawler...BAMF'ing the ball from here to there. Obviously magnet tricks for Magneto, but magnetic ball movement could have also represented Storm (weather FX) or Jean Grey (psychic FX)

Wow...awesome idea. I'd like to see Stern redo X-Men and put out a premium with a totally different layout. Can you imagine two claws coming up out of the playfield and grabbing the ball? Wow...nice thinking.

#153 10 years ago

Its a two way street IMO. Those that don't like others saying they don't like a certain pin and those that feel the need to throw it in the faces of those that do. It's all taken too seriously IMO. There are pins some people love that just don't do it for me at all and that is okay. I'm just glad the hobby is being enjoyed regardless of what machine it is on.

As long as we are enjoying pinball and our collections that is all that really matters in this hobby. XM Pro is one of my favorite pins all time without a doubt. My opinion doesn't matter one bit more than any other pinhead's opinion. I know some don't care for it and don't mind that at all everyone has their own tastes. On the same token I don't think I should have to apologize for it being one of my favorite.

#154 10 years ago

Anyone know how to get my wolvie magnet stronger The ball doesnt lock onto it during multi ball most of the time

#155 10 years ago

Iceman and Phoenix are the toughest shots for me.
I don't have much trouble with the Beast shot, the left hand side of X-men with the pop bumpers makes me think of reverse white water boulder garden.
I always found the boulder garden shot tighter than the beast shot.
I think the wolvie figure adds to the illusion of a tougher shot than it actually is.

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

Anyone know how to get my wolvie magnet stronger The ball doesnt lock onto it during multi ball most of the time

Are you running the most current code?

#157 10 years ago

I do not own X-men and have no horse in that race. All I can say is that X-men is *the* pin I enjoy playing more and more each time I find it on location. Had to adjust my ratings at least twice since I played it for the first time. And it's not only due to improvements in code... perhaps I got used to tight shots?

A cool game I would seriously consider buying... assuming I could afford it.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

"Get past" like aesthetically or you can't physically shoot through it? If you can't shoot through it...um...I dunno...aim? LOL It's not that narrow of a shot..it's a "mind trick" cuz of Wolvie's size. I could make that shot with much more accuracy than other games with similar "shoot through the pops" shots such as TSPP, Tron and TAF.

I can shoot through it, maybe I'm just "mentally weak" if its a mind trick!

#159 10 years ago

XMLE= best game ever

#160 10 years ago

Hey yes I have the current code of 1.3 which is awful One of the other pinsiders told me to set the pitch to 6.5. Just not sure how to set the pitch of the game. I love the game just want them to come out with a better code

#161 10 years ago

Hey yes I have the current code of 1.3 which is awful One of the other pinsiders told me to set the pitch to 6.5. Just not sure how to set the pitch of the game. I love the game just want them to come out with a better code

What is it about 1.3 you don't like? For pitch, if your bubble is dead nuts center, you're good. Also look for clinometer app for iPad, if you have an iPad. App sucks for iPhones.

#162 10 years ago

Does the magnet ever hold the ball? Does it do a good job of flinging it about? If you generally have a weak Wolvie magnet, that's not code related...you may have an issue with your Aux board or magnet itself.

#163 10 years ago

Hey. The magnet occasionally grabs the ball and sometimes does not. It does fling the ball quite nicely at times though. What does the aux board do and how do I know if I need a new one?

#164 10 years ago

For the code the call outs are weak and it needs new graphics and more things to do. I do like the game though

#165 10 years ago

Hey. The magnet occasionally grabs the ball and sometimes does not. It does fling the ball quite nicely at times though. What does the aux board do and how do I know if I need a new one?

Sounds like it's working right, then....now that I think back on it - yeah, mine did the same thing..sometimes the magnet didn't catch the ball when it seemed like it should. I take it back, it's prob a code thing lol

#166 10 years ago

Found a MAJOR bug last night that I will be adding to the bugs thread. I was in Magneto multiball and a light came loose (good ole 555s under slings). Luckily, I have door ball saver turned on. I feet the bulb back in and close it all back up. Four new balls shoot out. Right after that, Magneto multiball ends. I am now playing the regular game with FOUR balls on the playfield. I then drain one and the ball ends, but not before loading two new balls in the shooter lane. I then start the next ball with two balls and after one drains, it is ball over. I don't think the code is setup to handle this right because the original multiball should have never ended when it did.

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Found a MAJOR bug last night that I will be adding to the bugs thread. I was in Magneto multiball and a light came loose (good ole 555s under slings). Luckily, I have door ball saver turned on. I feet the bulb back in and close it all back up. Four new balls shoot out. Right after that, Magneto multiball ends. I am now playing the regular game with FOUR balls on the playfield. I then drain one and the ball ends, but not before loading two new balls in the shooter lane. I then start the next ball with two balls and after one drains, it is ball over. I don't think the code is setup to handle this right because the original multiball should have never ended when it did.

Sounds like you may have more balls than necessary in the game (but probably not). It should know how many are in play by the trough switches. May want to give those a look, as well.

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Sounds like you may have more balls than necessary in the game (but probably not). It should know how many are in play by the trough switches. May want to give those a look, as well.

No, it's a bug. Try it out and it will happen to you as well.

The code reacted incorrectly BECAUSE I opened the door in a special mode (not single ball). I have had similar behavior when I opened the door due to a loose bulb during Weapon X Multiball. It seems that the software doesn't know how to keep in the mode and since it takes you out of the mode, it assumes you are back down to a single ball when you aren't. It doesn't seem to look at the tray for a ball count.

#169 10 years ago

So when do we start getting the pitch forks back out of the closet to ensure 1.3 doesn't end up being the last release?

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

So when do we start getting the pitch forks back out of the closet to ensure 1.3 doesn't end up being the last release?

There was always meant to be one more release, but at this point, it's anyone's guess as to WHEN that happens. I'll start looking for that pitchfork...

-Wes

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

There was always meant to be one more release, but at this point, it's anyone's guess as to WHEN that happens. I'll start looking for that pitchfork...
-Wes

Unfortunately, it will probably come in the form of a POWERpack and be released as our Xmas present this year

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Unfortunately, it will probably come in the form of a POWERpack and be released as our Xmas present this year

Well at least Ill get something for Christmas then, Santa never brings me anything cuz Im so naughty.

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh man....

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I've found this to happen on other games besides Xmen. When in multiball & shit's goin down,just play it out if a lamp comes loose. Otherwise it gets confused if you open the coin door. Another update isn't going to fix it.

#175 10 years ago

For the code the call outs are weak and it needs new graphics and more things to do. I do like the game though

Call outs are weak...I can agree with that one. Many of them don't fit at all (no call outs for failing modes ) and some of the voice "acting" is just terrible. Callouts or better sound effects for jackpots would be nice and a progressing sound effect for combos would be really nice and add to the excitement.

New graphics? Tell me what games have better DMD dots and as detailed and as many as X-Men?

More things to do? Lets see...8 hero modes (1 being a multiball mode), 7 villain modes (selectable and 2 of these are multiball modes) a main multiball mode (Magneto Multiball) Nightcrawler mode, a Gambit hurry up and 3 Wizard modes (1 still unfinished). Sounds like a lot to do to me. As a matter of fact I still have my doubts that ANYONE has seen all this game has to offer in a legit game.

#176 10 years ago

You're right there with the graphics it's one of the best pins I've played in awhile but the voice for beast has to change "I don't know who I am anymore". The whole voice over sounds like they got a person with a mental disorder to play beast. Awful just awful.

#177 10 years ago

You're right there with the graphics it's one of the best pins I've played in awhile but the voice for beast has to change "I don't know who I am anymore". The whole voice over sounds like they got a person with a mental disorder to play beast. Awful just awful.

He doesn't know who he is...but we do....SHITTYBEAST!!!!

#178 10 years ago

i'm taking care of the beast business, slowly but surely animated series beast shall take the lead in the voiceover dept. still some tweaking left, its a little quiet and some of the quotes crackle a little bit but i'm working on it. already replaced music with the intro to the 90's xmen animated series, that worked well...

#179 10 years ago

I guess I'm in the minority a bit. I like the voices, I just don't like the call outs they used. Should have been more pinball related call outs like avengers.

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

i'm taking care of the beast business, slowly but surely animated series beast shall take the lead in the voiceover dept. still some tweaking left, its a little quiet and some of the quotes crackle a little bit but i'm working on it. already replaced music with the intro to the 90's xmen animated series, that worked well...

Would love to see your finished product when finished Jespo. Everything in the game is tolerable to me, but Beast is the worst by far!

#181 10 years ago

its a s*** video but you can hear the xmen theme playing instead of stock music. will keep updated on shittybeast killing (for the record i don't think the beast voice is THAT bad, but it isn't my favorite for sure! lol)

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

Awesome! When you are finished are you going to share with us?? PLEASE....

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He doesn't know who he is...but we do....SHITTYBEAST!!!!

I'm working on a new RareHero special version, where a Waison voice double does ALL the voice acting. It's pretty freaking great...

-Wes

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Does the magnet ever hold the ball? Does it do a good job of flinging it about? If you generally have a weak Wolvie magnet, that's not code related...you may have an issue with your Aux board or magnet itself.

Something is wrong...mine holds it fine and has from day 1.

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Could that be related to the problem some of us had with the wireform switch in front of the ball holder for magneto multiball? I found the end of mine hanging up against the plastic "frame" for it below the playfield and had to trim it slightly. Some other guys rebent that wire the ball rolls over a little bit to prevent the end from hanging up on the plastic. The symptoms sound familiar even though only doing it occasionally. If it has been hanging up you will find scratches in the plastic to prove it, and then you will know thats the problem.

#187 10 years ago

I'm located up in toronto anyone know where to buy a shaker motor for my xmen where it doesn't cost 300 dollars

#188 10 years ago

I'm located up in toronto anyone know where to buy a shaker motor for my xmen where it doesn't cost 300 dollars

Pinball Life $160

#189 10 years ago

Hey tried that. Only problem is shipping and duty is about another 120

1 month later
#190 10 years ago

This game is kicking my ass lately. I'm getting consistent scores between 30 and 60 mil, but haven't been able to break through in a while. My high is about 120 and the 4 high scores by me are all above 80, but lately it's been very tough to reach those levels. The drain down the center off the pops is really annoying. I hate games when you plunge the ball and there is a chance you drain before even touching the ball (yes, the game is level). I usuallly plunge short, but there are times you do it full. I think it really needs a code update to allow for more extra balls. For example, after 25 combos, give xball, and maybe every 25 thereafter. Currently, I have it set to get xball at 20 mil, but the only other time I've been able to get another is by completing night crawler. Avengers, lotr and TSPP are much more generous on this front. I'm on 3 ball and don't want to put it at 5.

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

This game is kicking my ass lately. I'm getting consistent scores between 30 and 60 mil, but haven't been able to break through in a while. My high is about 120 and the 4 high scores by me are all above 80, but lately it's been very tough to reach those levels. The drain down the center off the pops is really annoying. I hate games when you plunge the ball and there is a chance you drain before even touching the ball (yes, the game is level). I usuallly plunge short, but there are times you do it full. I think it really needs a code update to allow for more extra balls. For example, after 25 combos, give xball, and maybe every 25 thereafter. Currently, I have it set to get xball at 20 mil, but the only other time I've been able to get another is by completing night crawler. Avengers, lotr and TSPP are much more generous on this front. I'm on 3 ball and don't want to put it at 5.

Try bringing your outlanes in? As for the sdtm drains from the pops; what is your pitch at? This is one of the few sterns that play excellent at the recommended 6.5 deg pitch. I had mine a bit higher and would experience a drain from the pops area from time to time. But not so much anymore.

I got to danger room last night. Made it all the way to danger but couldn't defeat her. Great great mini wiz mode. One of the best?

#192 10 years ago

193 million for me and still no wizard modes yet. 92 combos. Anyone else beat that

#193 10 years ago

193 million for me and still no wizard modes yet. 92 combos. Anyone else beat that

No, no one can beat that. How the hell did you do that without making it to wizard mode. Is a professional like Adam?

#194 10 years ago

I've been thinking about this game and I got to put in a bunch of time on a Magneto today. It has really grown on me! The whole time I kept wanting to look at the DMD to see the animations and once drained because of it. Very cool dots, and I don't mind any of the voices. Yes, even Beast. His voice is absurd, but not off-putting. I get the same feeling listening to a Cake song. I find the voices campy and fitting with the cartoon-like animations.

#195 10 years ago

Worst luck I guess

#196 10 years ago

Cleaned and wax my game last night, 103 mil on the first game, the stars are back in alignment.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-am-diggin-my-x-men-pro/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.