Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bender.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago

When running the leon diag rom. The PIAs will cycling high and low on the driver board except for half of the switch matrix PIA. To get the 2nd half of the switch matrix PIA to cycle, you need to ground the input connector and it cycles. Simple as that.

I like to use the andre test rom. Speeds up testing the driver board as andre's test ROM has caught every bad PIA with out logic probe testing.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

With the switch matrix test, the first portion at connector 2J2, you test at the actual .156 connector header. This gives you the status of the driven voltage on the columns.
    But because of the differences in return side of the circuit the circuit, the other half cannot be tested at connector 2J3. You ground the pins on connector 2J3, but do the actual probing test at the legs on the PIA chip itself.
    Switch matrix PIA is IC11, The PIA pins 2-9 are the input, and 10-17 are the drives.
    -Hans

Very true, just because the PIA cycles, doesn't meant the rest of the logic in the switch matrix is good. Both the 4049, and 7406 ICs associated with switch matrix are prone to failure up there in that corner..

#17 10 years ago

If coils lock on at startup then you need to check the solenoid driver area. Test all the transistors, predrivers, and 7402s behind the solenoids that lock on.

#31 10 years ago

What i didnt know when i made this video is when andre rom is flickering the LED quickly (after a test button bush) it is actually in solenoid test. So you can hook up a solenoid test LED strips to quickly test all solenoid circuits. When first power on the board it is in cycling pia test, but it is so slow (use leon's if you want to do this part of it).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-am-confused?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.