(Topic ID: 64968)

I am actually getting worse at Iron Man. Anyone else getting worse at a game?

By BackFlipper

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DarkWizard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I swear I am getting worse at Iron Man every single time I play it, which has been 5+ games every day lately. This is my second time owning an IM. I love the game. The first week I got this one I hit 80M, 120M, 150M and finally 200M. I have not hit 100M since, and it has been a month. Yesterday, I plaid 5 games and I struggled to get to 15M.

Do you have any games you are getting worse at?

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

80M, 120M, 150M and finally 200M

You are either an awesome player or your settings are way too easy. Or both.

#4 6 years ago

I love that game. And I am terrible at it.

#5 6 years ago

Ebbs and flows. Some nights I can't hit the side of a barn, others I feel like neo in the matrix. Avengers is one game that can be incredibly frustrating some times.

#6 6 years ago

I actually got worse at playing ac/dc very frustrating

#7 6 years ago

drink less

#8 6 years ago

I have gotten worse at Whirlwind. A friend has the gc and I cant touch it.

#9 6 years ago

YES...LOTR for me. I can't hit anything lately.

#10 6 years ago

What are your outlanes settings? Mine are on he 3rd widest of the 4 options. No scores over 50M since opening them up.

#11 6 years ago

I am getting worse at WoZ. Now that I am familiar with the ruleset and shooting for specific shots, it is really hard to regain control of the ball (it definitely lacks good flow and is a really fast table).

#12 6 years ago

Oh yeah, I progressively get worse at games. I used to be able to get close (but no cigar) to Sperm Attack in FGY all the time...now I can barely get to TV wizard. I used to be able to get close to 100mil on Tron regularly...now I'm lucky if I get 20m lol

#13 6 years ago

Hey BackFlipper,

I created a very similar post about a year ago:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/name-the-machine-you-got-worse-on-over-time

I'm happy to report that I'm actually improving at FTs and like it more than ever.

Regards,
Steve

#14 6 years ago

Come to think of it, the first game I put on my POTC I posted over 150 million or something and thought it played really easy. And then after that it took me forever to even approach 100 million and that was on some really easy settings. Beginner's luck, I guess.

One more thing I just recalled too...my cousin's husband was at our house last summer and popped on MM...he got the #1 score which was just a little shy of my GC score on his first try. I was pretty impressed until the rest of his stay where he could hardly break 10mil. His name is still on my high score list. That reminds me...I need to play more MM and get that sucker's name off!

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

What are your outlanes settings? Mine are on he 3rd widest of the 4 options. No scores over 50M since opening them up.

I am afraid to look. I am afraid my scores will go even lower.

Quoted from Steve_PBH:

Hey BackFlipper,
I created a very similar post about a year ago:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/name-the-machine-you-got-worse-on-over-time
I'm happy to report that I'm actually improving at FTs and like it more than ever.
Regards,
Steve

So there is proof that others have felt the same way. That's a relief.

#16 6 years ago

I generally have my best games near the beginning of a play session when I haven't played a game for some time previously.

Like, say, game #2 or 3 in a session when I haven't played the machine for a couple of weeks. Not sure why, maybe something to do with maintaining focus and relying on "muscle-memory" for shot making. It's almost like I'm playing more sub-consciously for the first few games, on a higher level, basically willing the shots to happen. Later in the session, I tend to get more consumed by the details of ball control and shot making, and lose the easy-flowing nature I have at the beginning.

At any rate, taking a break from playing a game for a few days seems to help my scores when I return.

#17 6 years ago

I've noticed that as your getting better, you appear to be getting worse for short periods as you feel out new moves.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Upper Freehold, NJ
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside