(Topic ID: 17214)

I am about to piss a lot of you off.. :-D (Check WOZ pics's thread)

By alexlevy

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Crashdance22
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

187.jpg

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I just saw the whole woz playfield

OMG it's brilliant. Update coming from Jack soon enough but he underpriced this pin. It's a marvel..

#2 7 years ago

I would say its absolutely underpriced with current machine pricing.

I feel I for in on a bargain!

#3 7 years ago

You might be pissing of the guys who were not on the presale, but not me....thats music to my ears!

I bet #261 will be the prettiest one to come off the line. Thanks for the info. We needed a little bite of a cookie this weekend.

#4 7 years ago

I don't know about pissed off, but I sure am jealous!

I've had one on order since the beginning- January 2011, and I'm so ready to get this thing. Can't wait!!

#5 7 years ago

It is just a work of art... I am 885 so I have a LONG wait before i get mine but I would bet it will be available for play soon.

All I can say is my credit card is ready for a deposit on their next title WHATEVER it may be if it looks to be as quality as what I'm seeing.

#6 7 years ago

I did not order one and I am not pissed, but I do want to see it .

Jim

#7 7 years ago

You da man Alex, I am not jealous tho.......

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I just saw the whole woz playfield
OMG it's brilliant. Update coming from Jack soon enough but he underpriced this pin. It's a marvel..

It wasn't under priced 1 1/2 years ago when ordering. Inflation and materials cost have gone up in that time though. I'm sure the next one (2nd game) will bump up a bit.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

You da man Alex, I am not jealous tho.......

Hey Pin let me know when that envelope arrives. I want to make sure it got there in 1 piece.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I am 885 so I have a LONG wait before i get mine

Not necessarily....when did you order? They are not being built by the number that you chose (or didn't choose), they are going out in order that they were purchased....

#11 7 years ago

Update out now.

187.jpg

#12 7 years ago

WOW

I like it. As soon as it it ready to pick up we are getting in a van and going to get two of them!
Glad we are in CT.

#13 7 years ago

I like it but the apron sucks with all those signatures. I don't believe in making designers Gods !

Jim

#14 7 years ago

The apron comes off Posted in another thread all the pictures.

#15 7 years ago

Wow that looks REALLY nice!

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The apron comes off Posted in another thread all the pictures.

Yes, it comes off....but it's not really the apron anyway, it's an "apron topper". The real (metal) apron lies underneath.

#17 7 years ago

He sent out some more detailed pics too. It does look really good and you can tell they put a lot of attention to detail into this one. Only knit-pick: black rubber everywhere, why not go to white rubber?

#18 7 years ago

Only two comments:

1) How do you change the flipper rubbers?
2) WHY DID THEY USE BLACK RUBBER - ARGH!

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I like it but the apron sucks with all those signatures. I don't believe in making designers Gods !
Jim

Way to nitpick...
Just go back to playing ACDC

#20 7 years ago

Looks better then I thought. Im not sure about open playfield and long shots to the back.

Look forward to playing it.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Way to nitpick...

I am just pissed they forgot the guy who sweeps the floors to sign it too

I said I like it ..

Jim

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Jim

I agree Jim. It just doesn't look right to me with the rest of the art on the machine. Thankfully it can be removed.

#23 7 years ago

Just teasin on you Jim since you are the number #1 proponent for ACDC.

I think the sigs are appropriate just for the fact that this is a first machine for a new company. Pretty cool to really see a company that has their value of employees in the right spot. I am guessing once the rulesheet cards are in the sigs won't pop out as much. Also, should be a non-issue since it sounds to be removable.

#24 7 years ago

Looks good, I can't wait to play this thing & get one in my basement!

JJP will sell me a new machine as fast as they can produce them I worry.... & hope

#25 7 years ago

Damn that does look sick

#26 7 years ago

I know people that can afford this, and they still won't buy it based on the theme. I still think it's a greatly detailed and good looking (and well built) machine. Pissed off or jealous? no.. Do I want to play it? Hell yes I do.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I know people that can afford this, and they still won't buy it based on the theme. I still think it's a greatly detailed and good looking (and well built) machine. Pissed off or jealous? no.. Do I want to play it? Hell yes I do.

Yeah thats why I passed on it

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

toyotaboy said:I know people that can afford this, and they still won't buy it based on the theme. I still think it's a greatly detailed and good looking (and well built) machine. Pissed off or jealous? no.. Do I want to play it? Hell yes I do.
Yeah thats why I passed on it

The theme is the only reason I ordered it sight unseen.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I said I like it ..

Jim

Like it is not good enough Jim....cmon, you "love it" it's ok to say it....hehe I realize AC/DC is the greatest pin ever made, I just hope WOZ can come in a close second

I guess kool aid isn't the right drink for AC/DC...need some tequila and beer for that one! Might have to look at a premium...

#31 7 years ago

That's purty.

#32 7 years ago

Forgive my ignorance, I haven't followed WOZ religiously... but is there only one ramp in this game?
Looks like a lot of VUKs or other stop-and-go mechanisms to move the ball around.
It's a beautiful playfield with lots of cool toys, but I really hope it plays well. I'd really hate to see JJP put out a turd on his first attempt. Especially when he's doing so much to push Stern and others into putting out better/new product.

#33 7 years ago

Wow, looks really, really cool! I hope one ends up on location in the L.A. area one day, so I can actually play it!

(well, barring a road trip to the Pinball Hall of Fame or some place, I'm sure)

#34 7 years ago

Pretty. Only thing I don't like are the heavy black lines around the 3 companions.

#35 7 years ago

It is definitely one of the most colorful machines I have ever seen along with Monster Bash.
It is a meal for the eyes

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Jim

I love it overall, but I have to agree. Would have been better on the backglass or "easter egg'd" throughout the playfield.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

honda350r said:
Jim

I love it overall, but I have to agree.

I actually disagree, IF it IS removable. If it is, I plan on using it as some cool wall decor.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

honda350r said:

Jim
I love it overall, but I have to agree. Would have been better on the backglass or "easter egg'd" throughout the playfield.

For the millionth time, the signature thing is a removable topper. It is just a bonus feature. There is a normal apron underneath. Think of it as a certificate of authenticity that can be removed and hung on the wall (or thrown away if you like) like the piece of paper Stern gives with their LE's.

#39 7 years ago

Maybe another one can be purchased and those who dislike it could just paint it and save the original in case of resale. That would be good. I actually don't mind it. I just wonder how much this thing is gonna weigh. I have moved TZ several times and STTNG yesterday. HEAVY pins. A friend helps me carry them from my front door to the back of the car. HEAVY I say.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

jonnyo said:honda350r said:
Jim
For the millionth time, the signature thing is a removable topper. It is just a bonus feature. There is a normal apron underneath.

Ah... missed the memo. But that's good news.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

For the millionth time

Did a quick count, I could only find this mentioned 615,942 times. I feel like you're stretching the truth some here, DC..

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

DCFAN said:

For the millionth time
Did a quick count, I could only find this mentioned 615,942 times. I feel like you're stretching the truth some here, DC..

LMAO

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Maybe another one can be purchased and those who dislike it could just paint it and save the original in case of resale. That would be good. I actually don't mind it. I just wonder how much this thing is gonna weigh. I have moved TZ several times and STTNG yesterday. HEAVY pins. A friend helps me carry them from my front door to the back of the car. HEAVY I say.

Unfortunately you are destined for a hernia and permanent back problems

#44 7 years ago

Well I see WOZ as a "Kick Off Game" for JJ. I think they have really nailed it so far. So maybe the signatures are cool as their first game. I wonder if they will do it for the future games.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I just wonder how much this thing is gonna weigh. I have moved TZ several times and STTNG yesterday. HEAVY pins. A friend helps me carry them from my front door to the back of the car. HEAVY I say.

Unfortunately you are destined for a hernia and permanent back problems

You need to buy an RFM. That machine is a workout to move. 360 lbs, I believe?

#46 7 years ago

I just do some yoga before I move pins

#47 7 years ago

Okay okay okay.

Quoted from coasterguy:Maybe another one can be purchased and those who dislike it could just paint it and save the original in case of resale. That would be good. I actually don't mind it. I just wonder how much this thing is gonna weigh. I have moved TZ several times and STTNG yesterday. HEAVY pins. A friend helps me carry them from my front door to the back of the car. HEAVY I say.

I hear WOZ is light on its toes. OH NO HE DI'INT. snap snap snap

#48 7 years ago

Playfield shots make me think more about getting one, despite the 50+ year old theme, but I'd sure like to play one first.

The autographs are a little odd being on the product itself, but I can see the reasoning since this is their first machine. A job I once worked on had all the team members autograph the program poster which was handed out at the end which was kinda cool, but not on the actual product. JJ and crew probably figured since everyone loves to have famous designers like Steve R etc sign everything under the sun, that they would just save buyers the touble and have it done already. In any event, it's probably something that can be removed or replaced if it really bothers people.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

The autographs are a little odd being on the product itself, but I can see the reasoning since this is their first machine. A job I once worked on had all the team members autograph the program poster which was handed out at the end which was kinda cool, but not on the actual product. JJ and crew probably figured since everyone loves to have famous designers like Steve R etc sign everything under the sun, that they would just save buyers the touble and have it done already. In any event, it's probably something that can be removed or replaced if it really bothers people.

This has been covered before. The apron topper is removable revealing the metal apron.

On or off up the the owner.

LTG

#50 7 years ago

Anyone know if the witch target is a eddy sensor or a mechanical hitting switch target ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Blandon, PA
$ 38.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside