(Topic ID: 2880)

I ain't complain' but here goes...the dirty playfield thread...

By super8man

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by super8man
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DirtyFishTales.jpg
    #1 13 years ago

Why oh why do pinball operators basically ignore their pins? Here's my son playing on a typical on-location pin - at a lazer tag place in Sacramento...

I enjoyed the game and wished I could have 20 minutes with a rag and playfield polish.

[img]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5132/5521241390_860d184d2f_z.jpg[/img]

And how on earth do I get my picture to show - all other forums just require the ol' [img] tags...

#2 13 years ago

try adding a photo with the 2 attachment boxes below then click
    'send post and upload files' tab.
    if you add photos after you post as an edit they appear only as a link
    -hope that helps some

#3 13 years ago

Its all about the money for most of these guys, it takes time and money to clean and take care of them...

#4 13 years ago

Yeah almost nothings worse then dropping a few coins in a game and finding out it's
    un -playable

#5 13 years ago

Its all about the money for most of these guys

You would think thses guys would realize that they are costing themselves money. How many prospective customers decided not to play because of the condition of the machine.

#6 13 years ago

Problem is they are so GREEDY all they can see is $$$ in their heads, there not smart enough to think about maintenance or customers walking away from a filthy game...

#7 13 years ago

I put my laser War in a buddies shop, and I'm way money in the hole. I put it there to make a little money maybe, but more for passing on the addiction to people who have never played a pinball machine I know, it's hard to imagine, but there are some out there. My buddy owns a collectors shop, dealing in Sports cards and Comic Books. I thought that would be a great fit. I spend way too much time messing with it. After I cleaned it yesterday, I played a game, and instantly was surrounded by 3 young kids, must have been around 5 - 7 years old. It was fun watching them stare in amazement, as I played. It was much more fun, when I gave each of them a quarter so they could play. The look on their faces is something I won't forget soon. By the looks on their faces, I don't think they will either.

#8 13 years ago

The game played well all things considered. But the game sure would have looked nice with a decent "shop job" - hahaha...shop job...what does that mean? I've played this machine on other visits and I have to say I like Fish Tales. It's cool. I still can't believe every light on the pin worked. I checked as best I could and they were all there...it's times like this you wish you could bust into the machine and give it a quick rub down with novus and a cloth.

#9 13 years ago

I don't know what's going through their heads. Why pay 3k+ for a new pin like TSPP (just played one on route last night), and then never take care of it?
    The field was so dirty you could almost not even see the art! Top-right flipper broken, right slingshot shooting randomly....

#10 13 years ago

And how on earth do I get my picture to show - all other forums just require the ol' [img] tags...

Sorry, Pinside.com does not support including 'off site' images into forum topics as they always tend to go 'sour' in time. By forcing an upload to our server we can make sure images stay available for years to come

Anyways, that sure is a dirty Fish Tales! I recently bought a 2008 Stern (CSI) which was probably the dirtiest machine I've ever shopped out! Can you believe it, that game was only 2 1/2 years old! Total blackness and barely recognisable art on the playfield. Imagine what happened when I put some cleaner on that baby!

#11 13 years ago

Thanks - good to know on the images - makes good sense. Anywho - the link worked I hope for people... See, Robin's case proves my point - even brand new machines are not cleaned. It's almost like they don't "know" that the playfields can A) get dirty and B) be cleaned with little effort.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-aint-complain-but-here-goesthe-dirty-playfield-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.