Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MK6PIN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-676.jpg
    image-159.jpg
    image-272.jpg
    image-472.jpg
    image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

yep, while not " proper" I don't mind sitting on a barstool to play once in awhile. I was lucky to find a TAF, TZ, and SM ( comic) barstool. Seen others occasionally on eBay, but for the life of me, can't find a FG, TSPP ( or any Simpsons for that matter), and shockingly....NO TRON!!!

Surely, they exist somewhere...any ideas?....thanks....mark

#2 6 years ago

Well I must admit I am surprised too but I couldn't find anything either. Depending on how subtle you go (I assume there are copyright concerns), can you use a custom stool design place like this (first one I found, not recommending):
    http://www.seatsandstools.com/logo-and-personalized-bar-stools-c-198.html?gclid=CM3ixejcsMICFciEfgodMSQA9g

For TSPP maybe go with just outline of Bart's head or something along those lines...

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Well I must admit I am surprised too but I couldn't find anything either. Depending on how subtle you go (I assume there are copyright concerns), can you use a custom stool design place like this (first one I found, not recommending):
    http://www.seatsandstools.com/logo-and-personalized-bar-stools-c-198.html?gclid=CM3ixejcsMICFciEfgodMSQA9g
    For TSPP maybe go with just outline of Bart's head or something along those lines...

Thanks for the lead...I'll give them a try....mark

#4 6 years ago

I like sitting on bar stool to play vids and drink beer of all things. I find that if I'm sitting while playing pinball I am giving up the bulk of my nudging skills, which are limited at best. Would still like to get a couple bar stools to have around my machine for those 2 player games.

#5 6 years ago

Always gotta stand.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pincrawler:

I like sitting on bar stool to play vids and drink beer of all things. I find that if I'm sitting while playing pinball I am giving up the bulk of my nudging skills, which are limited at best. Would still like to get a couple bar stools to have around my machine for those 2 player games.

I agree. Playing classic arcades sitting is fine, but I couldn't imagine sitting and playing pinball

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Strange:

I agree. Playing classic arcades sitting is fine, but I couldn't imagine sitting and playing pinball

You missed my second line....admitting " I'm lazy" on occasion.. ..I play standing 90% of the time, and always when I'm "serious" about trying to work on my game. But yes, I like to occasionally sit on the barstool ( mainly after a long workday) and play a bit. It's actually harder ( I think) to play sitting on a stool ( can't really see everything, no nudging, etc.)...definitely not as satisfying, but doesn't completely suck.....

#8 6 years ago

I'm not only pretty lazy but my knees can't handle long periods of standing still. I'm going to get a squishy matt pretty soon but I've tried the bar stool route. I couldn't handle playing so far away with my knees in front of me, nor spread-fk'n-eagle trying to get closer! Bar stools just wont work for me

#9 6 years ago

Speakeing of which looking for some ideas on bar stools, bar height, without back to put in a gameroom.... anyone have any suggestions.... I found the keg stools, the wine barrel stools so looking for something eclectic...sorry to jack your thread...

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Speakeing of which looking for some ideas on bar stools, bar height, without back to put in a gameroom.... anyone have any suggestions.... I found the keg stools, the wine barrel stools so looking for something eclectic...sorry to jack your thread...

No worries jacking this thread.....I like the pin themed, but only a few out there:

image-159.jpgimage-272.jpgimage-472.jpgimage.jpg

#11 6 years ago

those are AWESOME !

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I'm going to get a squishy matt pretty soon

I have one of these in front of my machine. Really helps! I have concrete floors and after ten min my old knees where not happy.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

those are AWESOME !

Thanks Labnip!!!...actually found an IM last week, and don't even own the pin ( yikes, hope I don't have a problem ). Been desperate for a Simpsons, FG , and TRON....you would think with all the merch tied to these themes they would exist, but apparently not......

image-676.jpg

#14 6 years ago

Has anyone ever got any barstools here? http://pinballfanatic.com/products/custom-pinball-bar-stools/

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pincrawler:

I have one of these in front of my machine. Really helps! I have concrete floors and after ten min my old knees where not happy.

Me to and they help a lot!

Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I'm not only pretty lazy but my knees can't handle long periods of standing still. I'm going to get a squishy matt pretty soon

#16 6 years ago

Almost bought his BBB ( even though I don't have that machine either)...really nice guy, and quality product.....I've begged him for the titles I need, but guess it's a licensing thing.....

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside