(Topic ID: 147927)

I admit it...I like Hires and Scan on ColorDmd!!!

By MK6PIN

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Favorite mode for colordmd”

• Tiles 3 votes
      2%
    • Small dots 12 votes
      9%
    • DOTSXL 44 votes
      35%
    • Hires 36 votes
      28%
    • Scan 32 votes
      25%

(127 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    HiresRootBeerLogo_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gorno.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 8 years ago

Scan/Hi-res look terrible on the video clips in Iron Man. DotsXL looks much better. Way less muddy and blurry.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

And dotxl has overtaken scan in the poll, even though many positive posts for the opposite. I agree, however, IM video clips are tough to watch, but I dont see the amazing difference in quality in them w dotsxl (there is a difference though). The dots are large and bright, but scan looks better to me in all the other stuff (scores, basic animations, etc.)...I get it.....but guess I'm just a smoothy.....

I agree that Scan/Hi-res looks good on the animations and menus. It just doesn't translate very well to video clips. If I had a game that didn't have video clips; I might use scan.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gorno.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-admit-iti-like-hires-and-scan-on-colordmd?tu=Gorno and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.