Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dung
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

imagesLMUW2TGQ (resized).jpg
    IMG_2402 (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

Do you use the ignore feature?

Anyone here who never did you are missing out. You feel like a GOD immediately afterwards.

I mostly use it when I feel people are trolling (which is often) lol.

#2 7 years ago

Tried to read your post but it just says "ignored user".

#3 7 years ago

Never used it and don't have any plans of ever doing it. Seems like it would make threads harder to read because your ignored users still get responded to in threads so you might not know why someone said what they did in response. Pinside is already heavily moderated so the last thing I want to do is ignore the drama which can be entertaining at times.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Tried to read your post but it just says "ignored user".

You wouldn't see this thread if he was on ignore.

(Hey hardware!)

#5 7 years ago

Or better...drained!

#6 7 years ago

Its easy to just ignore people without actually putting them on ignore...

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Its easy to just ignore people without actually putting them on ignore...

Right...but then you can't make a big deal about putting them on "ignore" which is all the fun. Except that it makes you look pretty petty when you keep reminding everybody you have someone on ignore.

If they really want to do it right, you should have an option to make your "ignore" list public, so you can really shine on those ignored bastards!

#8 7 years ago

Usually use the drain feature over ignore. Right now whysnow is having fun trolling me because I told him what I thought via pm. Heavily tempted to hit ignore because tired of his agendas. Then again it is a bit amusing to try and retrace his logic sometimes, but that depends on if enough beer has been consumed to follow.

#9 7 years ago

No but I've been ignored. My feelings were hurt

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right...but then you can't make a big deal about putting them on "ignore" which is all the fun. Except that it makes you look pretty petty when you keep reminding everybody you have someone on ignore.
    If they really want to do it right, you should have an option to make your "ignore" list public, so you can really shine on those ignored bastards!

I really enjoy the "I'm taking my ball and going home" announcements over and above all else.

#11 7 years ago

I have several people on ignore. All of them are on ignore simply because they are in every thread, every page, without really contributing. The other I don't need to read his posts because everyone of them has 20 replies, all negative, and I can guess what they said and am glad their nonsense didn't scar my eyes. Rhymes with bedbunk.

#12 7 years ago

I come and go so I'm probably more of a lurker. 1 year hiatus are common with me. Sure if you want to read everything and make sure you don't miss details ignore is probably not useful.

Drain probably is the better option in general. I'm going to try to exercise my right to use that.

My ignore list is not long and it's possible some have been banned.
    Kaneda is on my ignore list and I recently learned he was banned.

And truthfully I don't have a problem with anyone here. The ignore feature has made it easier for me to read through posts quicker in some cases.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I really enjoy the "I'm taking my ball and going home" announcements over and above all else.

IMG_2402 (resized).JPGIMG_2402 (resized).JPG

#14 7 years ago

It is pointless putting someone on ignore if they don't know it

Another forum I use, the number of people ignoring you comes up in their profile. It is satisfying to see that number grow

#15 7 years ago

The ignore feature is for pussies... and I don't mean cats!

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Then again it is a bit amusing to try and retrace his logic sometimes.

This IS the problem. People amusing themselves by creating drama.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

The ignore feature is for pussies... and I don't mean cats!

Can't say I've ignored very many pussies in my time.

imagesLMUW2TGQ (resized).jpgimagesLMUW2TGQ (resized).jpg

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

It is pointless putting someone on ignore if they don't know it
    Another forum I use, the number of people ignoring you comes up in their profile. It is satisfying to see that number grow

It'd be better if the ignore feature prevented the ignored person from directly quoting you.

It would actually be useful if it did.

They'd know they are being ignored, and maybe be a little frustrated that they can't directly respond.

#19 7 years ago

Those that brag about using the ignore feature must have issues of their own.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Those that brag about using the ignore feature must have issues of their own.

Yes, pussies... its an issue.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from ryan1234:

This IS the problem. People amusing themselves by creating drama.

Depends on what the reason for the drama is. If it is a disagreement and people have logic backing them up, sure. Prices are pretty subjective things. Opinions on games are subjective. Guessing who is going to build what in future, yadda yadda.

On the other hand you have people who just get bored and argue for the sake of arguing. That or they are trying to stir the pot because they like to watch the show.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-absolutely-love-the-ignore-feature and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.