(Topic ID: 106716)

I’m sorry but the Expo banquet left a bad taste in my mouth.

By Superchicken

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141016_231402_Android.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Superchicken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Decent food, great keynote, awards for lots of people and good deeds. At the end of the event the closing went something like this:

“Good night everyone…oh and the award for the best exhibitor Big Lewbowski Pinball” (I think).

Then nothing as everyone was leaving. I also noticed that for some reason Dutch Pinball (not Big Lewbowski Pinball) is missing from the exhibitors list.

http://pinballexpo.com/exhibito.php

Did they not pay their fee? I can only think that Expo knows who butters their bread. Maybe the constant crowds gathered around a non-Chicago pinball company exhibit wasn’t sitting well with the Chicago pinball Mafioso.

20141016_231402_Android.jpg20141016_231402_Android.jpg

Also surprising, no link to the Jersey Jack Pinball web site in the exhibitor list. I guess Jack hasn’t gotten around to putting together a web site.

#4 9 years ago

Is there any tape from last night? I really did miss the whole ending thing.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7 9 years ago

Oh. I didn't realize they got a new URL.

Quoted from nikpinball:

Jersey jack had a new site go live friday night during the event, so it may explain not having it.

#17 9 years ago

OK. Fair enough. Here is the info:

Dutch Pinball

Quoted from mikepin:

The reason Dutch pinball was missing is they never sent a form of any kind with any info ..and i was uncertain of what they were doing

#18 9 years ago

Sorry, that was a spell check error. I meant to say family.

Quoted from Mfox:

I don't know what would warrant the Chicago Mafioso comment since Expo is run by people who don't live in Chicago nor even the state, nor even the surrounding states for that matter.
Mike

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Superchicken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i%e2%80%99m-sorry-but-the-expo-banquet-left-a-bad-taste-in-my-mouth?tu=Superchicken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.