6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

27CB2BF2-49B3-482C-BF47-B6EF1ADF819F (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0918 (resized).PNG
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    IMG_2827 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3004 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2923 (resized).PNG
    31FBACCE-65CF-43F3-9AE8-85B4DEFAC7A9 (resized).jpeg
    bingo (resized).png
    source (resized).png
    200w (resized).png
    FA3C84DF-0B6A-4A08-9E06-E3E2A7324D31 (resized).jpeg
    pi.jpg
    Shane come back! (resized).jpg
    ace (resized).png
    download (2) (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

Yep
    I woke up 4 days ago and put my collection for sale. All 40 games. 40 great titles. Years of fun and learning. I had them all, I restored one from scratch, I modded them A lot, I played them like crazy.

I almost cry when guys pick’em up

Why? I can’t stand remakes. Pinball never was an investment for me. It was a hunt. Finding these 90´s titles in perfect conditions. Searching for the « mint »ones.
    Knowing I was able to get a BBB or CC from a guy who knows a guy...waiting months!!

Chicago gaming killed it for me. They Kill Legends. I feel stupid with games that cost me in the 5 digits when i can order one from the shelf

I’ll still buy NIB. But just like pinside, the hobby has lost his soul.

I’m happy for all new MB or CC customer.
    Enjoy

#2 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

I can’t stand remakes. Pinball never was an investment for me

I feel stupid with games that cost me in the 5 digits when i can order one from the shelf

Sounds like it is all about your high end games losing money.

#3 6 years ago

Peace.

#4 6 years ago

Sounds like you are in it for the money. They've literally made 2 remakes, so why not collect the hundreds of titles that won't be remade? Sheesh!

#5 6 years ago

What about the fun of playing pinball? Isn't that a thing any more?

#6 6 years ago

Hey man you probably have like 8 good years until MB & CC actually hit the streets so there's still time

#7 6 years ago

Fuck it dude. Let's go bowling.

#8 6 years ago

ace (resized).pngace (resized).png

#9 6 years ago

Whoa! Wait a minute. You tell me after I played my game and enjoyed it for a while I'm supposed to sell it for more money that I bought it for? I knew I was doing something wrong. I have just been collecting the pins I like and letting my friends and family enjoy them while I drain my bank account. If only someone would have told me sooner.

Just play the dam games and have fun.

#10 6 years ago

....bye

h1B5E9990 (resized).pngh1B5E9990 (resized).png

#11 6 years ago

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg

#12 6 years ago

Should we feel hurt he didn't offer to sell us the games?

#13 6 years ago

This is where I accuse the OP of being Kaneda and get moderated

#14 6 years ago

"Hasta Nunca". Rotten peaches in the sun.

#15 6 years ago

So far this is my favorite farewell speech since this one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-bid-thee-adieu

#16 6 years ago

I don't get it. Even if they’re remade, you still own an original. Just because every museum in the world has a Mona Lisa does that mean the original is worthless??

#17 6 years ago

99 percent of the games you own have never been remade and never will. Jesus Christ man ! Get a grip!

#18 6 years ago

::grabs popcorn, puts feet up::

#19 6 years ago

Just because there are NIB games available doesn't mean there aren't still vintage games to be found. Sorry to hear you're exiting the hobby.

I still enjoy the thrill of the hunt and the victory of a good bargain.

It just seems odd to me to dump 40 games and blame it on NIB remakes. At most, I'm guessing we might see 3 or 4 more titles in the next 5 years. That's not exactly a flood.

Yeah, the value of a few of the titles that were remade took a bit of a hit, but they were over-inflated anyway. Most other games are quickly climbing in price. Have you even seen the price of a Funhouse these days? Good grief.

Or, did you figure you might get out of the hobby on the upswing of prices? That would make more sense to say than just blame NIB games.

Oh well. Maybe you'll find a renewed interest in the hobby again. Enjoy whatever you decide pursue next.

#20 6 years ago

Just blame Pinside...it's a lot easier and everyone could understand it.

#21 6 years ago

Best of luck with your future endeavors. It's unfortunate that we didn't get together for a beer and some games when I was in your neck of the woods several years ago. Get in touch if you find yourself in Ottawa and want to play some pinball. Cheers and take care.

Lee

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Should we feel hurt he didn't offer to sell us the games?

He is in Canada, so maybe Diablo bought them and that's why he re-nagged on all those agreed deals he had going.

#23 6 years ago

Take me with you...

#24 6 years ago

Cheese_WizardPQ! ... Cheese_WizardPQ, come back!

Shane come back! (resized).jpgShane come back! (resized).jpg

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Cheese_WizardPQ! Cheese_WizardPQ, come back!

Outstanding!
    and only 4% know the reference.

#26 6 years ago

I do like the fact the op was courteous enough to edit the original post because of grammar.

#27 6 years ago

What do you plan on doing with the 120k?

#28 6 years ago

That’s a great collection. You gonna regret selling them.......take a breath and sleep on that decision for a while...

#29 6 years ago

Dude!
    Come down off the ledge...
    you don't have to end it
    this way!

#30 6 years ago

The only thing that could make this thread worse is a poll. So might as well go ahead and add that now.

TGIF!!!!

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

Outstanding!
    and only 4% know the reference.

4.012% now!

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

He is in Canada, so maybe Diablo bought them and that's why he re-nagged on all those agreed deals he had going.

Fake news.

#33 6 years ago

Good F'ing riddance. If remakes bother you you don't really give a shit about the hobby anyway.

#34 6 years ago

Remember that time, that Cheese_Wizz guy woke up and sold his entire 40 pin collection because of CGC remakes? That was awesome!

https://media1.tenor.com/images/616a52d6d690b1303c1337d97c33ff62/tenor.gif?itemid=4131569

#35 6 years ago

I’m done. Farewell pinside!

Prove It.

pi.jpgpi.jpg

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Cheese_WizardPQ! ... Cheese_WizardPQ, come back!

This guy wins the internet today

#37 6 years ago

Yep
    I woke up 4 days ago and put my collection for sale. All 40 games. 40 great titles. Years of fun and learning. I had them all, I restored one from scratch, I modded them A lot, I played them like crazy.
    I almost cry when guys pick’em up
    Why? I can’t stand remakes. Pinball never was an investment for me. It was a hunt. Finding these 90´s titles in perfect conditions. Searching for the « mint »ones.
    Knowing I was able to get a BBB or CC from a guy who knows a guy...waiting months!!
    Chicago gaming killed it for me. They Kill Legends. I feel stupid with games that cost me in the 5 digits when i can order one from the shelf
    I’ll still buy NIB. But just like pinside, the hobby has lost his soul.
    I’m happy for all new MB or CC customer.
    Enjoy

WHAT! Over? Nothing is over until Pinside decides it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! So no remakes should stop you now!

FA3C84DF-0B6A-4A08-9E06-E3E2A7324D31 (resized).jpegFA3C84DF-0B6A-4A08-9E06-E3E2A7324D31 (resized).jpeg

#38 6 years ago

You have/had one of the nicest looking pin rooms I had seen in the game-room thread... I would have expected you were in the hobby for the right reasons. I understand that remakes can be frustrating when value on originals go down, but if it leads to leaving the hobby, I can't imagine you really loved pinball to begin with (or at least anymore). Just makes no sense (to say a couple of your games are getting remade=sell everything).

#39 6 years ago

why are you so mean? Did I offend someone personnaly? I gave to pinside. I lived on it. I used it. I made so many friends. Now everybody knows me with a fuck ogg man

#40 6 years ago

98 fuck off and 98 PM for games.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Just blame Pinside...it's a lot easier and everyone could understand it.

Don't cry Cheese, its just time to move on if you feel it

To say Chicago Gaming killed it for you though is.....very weak.

There is plenty of other hate to go around

I will say a pretty good way to advertise all 40 for sale

#42 6 years ago

98 fuck off and 98 PM for games.

#43 6 years ago

All games are sold. They were yesterday.

#44 6 years ago

Willing to buy at low retail/wholesale prices. Hit me up.

#45 6 years ago

That’s impressive. Good luck to you sir.

#46 6 years ago

Pretty poor attitude. I have an original AFM and couldn't he happier about the remakes. People finally get a chance to own one these at a reasonable cost. That's great.

#47 6 years ago

Reminds me of that song. " don't go away mad, just go away". Who did that song?

#48 6 years ago

But what is the hate for??
    I have a lot of games?
    I work and paid for them?
    All these years on pinside makes me realise that 99% of members are ballers adding NOTHING to the site.
    The last 1% lives on making jokes on the first comments. Like we care

#49 6 years ago

Did my man Frolic buy another 40?

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Reminds me of that song. " don't go away mad, just go away". Who did that song?

Motley Crue

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i%e2%80%99m-done-farewell-pinside?hl=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.