(Topic ID: 12594)

Hypothetical, what would you add to my collection...

By Buschjs

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by aeneas
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

... If you had $10K in your hand to spend on pins? What compliments TZ and TAF in a small collection? I have room for a total of five pins, but would like to stick to four for now. So what two pins would you buy for $10K?

#2 12 years ago

Ones I like!! Seriously, Whatever you would enjoy! It dont matter what we all say, you have to make the decision. But, I would look for a MM or MB personally.

#3 12 years ago

IJ for sure...you might as well finish off the big boys.
TOM

#4 12 years ago

You have two deeper, Lawlor games. Get something fast with shorter ball times, for starters. Then something in the middle. AFM and Scared Stiff might be doable on that budget. IJ and SS could be done, too. If SS isn't your thing, swap in ToM.

IJ and ToM
IJ and SS
AFM and ToM
AFM and SS

#5 12 years ago

...or WH2O and AFM. <----------There you go.

#6 12 years ago

We need more info: Do want family-friendly theme that kids & wife/gf would like?
Is artwork very important? or do you only care about how great of a player's game it is?
Do you require fast game flow?

#7 12 years ago

I personally would go for three: NGG, WH2O, and either TOTAN or CV. I believe you could buy those three for under 10K, have some $$$ left over for parts, beer and food for a pin party

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

I personally would go for three: NGG, WH2O, and either TOTAN or CV. I believe you could buy those three for under 10K, have some $$$ left over for parts, beer and food for a pin party

I don't think you could do CV in there for under $10K. Maybe TOTAN at $5K, WH20 at $3K and NGG at $2K.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Do want family-friendly theme that kids & wife/gf would like?

Doesn't have to be family friendly at all, I don't have any kids and my gf doesn't play more than a game or two with me a month... she just isn't interested. My friends seem to gravitate towards TAF, but as long as we are gambling on it they will play any game that you put in front of them

Is artwork very important? or do you only care about how great of a player's game it is?

Artwork is moderately important to me, I want a games that look good... but I'm not that picky, just don't like a few of the bang for the buck games that are particularly ugly. The gameplay is more important to me that artwork, but artwork does have some importance.

Do you require fast game flow?

As long as it isn't terribly slow, I'll be happy with it.

#10 12 years ago

afm and monster bash. or afm and spider man.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

afm and Monster Bash. or afm and spider man.

Whoa, for $10K??

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

afm and Monster Bash.

Good luck finding both for under $10k.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I don't think you could do CV in there for under $10K. Maybe TOTAN at $5K, WH20 at $3K and NGG at $2K.

I was rounding numbers, 4k for totan or CV, 3k for Wh2O and 3k for NGG. It would probably break down more like 4.5k for totan or cv, and 2.5-3k each for NGG and WH2O. I believe it is possible, you won't get them over night but you could if you wait for the right deals.

#14 12 years ago

If you want to stick w/ Bally from 90's, then how about picking 2 of these 3:
The Shadow, ToM, & RFM.
If you want to get a couple that are not Bally, then perhaps pick 2 of these 3:
Whitewater, NGG, Whirlwind
If you want (1) Stern, then perhaps Spider-Man or Tron LE.
I'm assuming you're not into the new AC/DC.
Have fun figuring out which pin to get next!

#16 12 years ago

Heavy metal meltdown, strange science, and a sorcerer.

#17 12 years ago

You need some ritchie pins. I would add a T2 or a BK2K. If you really love lawlor games, get Funhouse. It complements TAF well, even if the layout is somewhat similar.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You have two deeper, Lawlor games. Get something fast with shorter ball times, for starters. Then something in the middle. AFM and Scared Stiff might be doable on that budget. IJ and SS could be done, too. If SS isn't your thing, swap in ToM.
IJ and ToM
IJ and SS
AFM and ToM
AFM and SS

I like gambit's options above. These are all great suggestions for the money. IJ is especially nice since you already have two license themes in your collection. Can't say that I think much of the MB suggestions... not for me. AFM might be the fastest of the bunch if that matters, but also not easy to find. The others are just plain fun A-list pins and you can't go wrong either way. Also, if variety is important, WH2O is great as is CV. These are unlike any of the games you currently have.

#19 12 years ago

I'd go with SM and WH2O; if you have some extra cash after those two, go Pin*Bot, or Firepower.
All these pins would compliment TAF and TZ.

IJ and SS would be nice too...

#20 12 years ago

Mods delete please.

#21 12 years ago

Wrong thread.

#22 12 years ago

You need a speed/flow game...I'd go Spiderman, though AFM would also fit the bill nicely. That decision comes down to your prefered theme in my book. Then go for variety. Black Knight or Pinbot to represent the SS era, and a nice EM...maybe something like Fireball or Cow Poke to represent the EM era. Would give you a nice, well rounded collection of styles and eras. I know that's 3 machines, but you should be able to get all in very nice / restored shape in your budget.

If you don't like the idea of adding some different eras, I would still go either SM or AFM and probably CV. Might be a stretch of the budget, but should be doable. That would give you a great variety of play styles while staying modern.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I would still go either SM or AFM and probably CV

what? no JD?

I would add ts, bsd & ft and have $4000-5000 left in my pocket.

#24 12 years ago

I agree with gambit3113's list except replace IJ with SM.
My choice would SM and SS or AFM
Doug

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Jediturtle said:

I would still go either SM or AFM and probably CV
what? no JD?
I would add ts, bsd & ft and have $4000-5000 left in my pocket.

Not with that budget to work with! Of course if he ends up with a grand left over, that would be my highest recommendation! Was trying to spend all his money with only those 2-3 machines.. LOL!

(by the way...you ready to trade me that TZ for my WoF yet??? Pretty please? )

#26 12 years ago

SM and CV. Different, top rated games. Lot's of fun.

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

(by the way...you ready to trade me that TZ for my WoF yet??? Pretty please? [] )

nope. sorry for the thread-jack.

Two pins, all $10K (most) SM & LOTR

5 months later
#29 11 years ago

So I thought I would revisit this one, I used this thread to help decide what to bring into my collection over the last six months.... and it had a huge impact on my purchases, and I am extremely happy with the results! Thanks to all who posted!

My collection when I started this thread: TZ, TAF. My current collection: TZ, TAF, AFM, SS, WH20.

So where would you guys take this collection next? I have cleared out some additional space and could fit three more pins in my collection. What is missing from this collection?

#30 11 years ago

You need some of the better Sterns: LOTR, TSPP, etc.

#32 11 years ago

Predator and TSPP

#33 11 years ago

iron man
spider man
tron

#34 11 years ago

Frankly In a bigger collection I like variety... a 70's super widebody like Paragon, 80's classics like black hole and haunted house, maybe even pin2k's like RFM. Then as many have mentioned there are quite a lot of fun 2000+ Sterns, in fact consensus is the newer pins like X-Men and ACDC make the 90's ones look dim, slow, and dated. Any of those suggestions would help you out of your "stuck in the 90's" funk

#35 11 years ago

Depends on what you like. A friend of mine likes Lawlor games and has TAF, TZ, FH, WW, ES and Shrek.

I'd say you need some games with flow to balance the stop-and-go.. IJ, Whitewater, MM, maybe even a No Fear.
WCS, Theatre or CV, got to have a JPop game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hypothetical-what-would-you-add-to-my-collection and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.