(Topic ID: 35741)

Hypothetical Trade Question - AC/DC Prem for CV?

By Mando

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Mando
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hypothetically ....

Would a trade of an AC/DC Prem(with shaker and topper) for a CV(lets assume average condition) be fair straight up or would either party owe a few $$'s ?

#2 11 years ago

Very close based on condition at that point. Might be a few dollar the CV way if really nice.

#3 11 years ago

OK trade not so hypothetical anymore, CV is what I would call a nice players machine. Clean, plays good but has some insert ghosting and wear on the volts and balloon(Which can be decaled). I love CV and have always wanted one, but just worried about trading a mint AC/DC for an older game that can have issues etc... Would be an even trade no cash.

#4 11 years ago

i would trade in a heartbeat, i would think once the rave is over on the ac/dc, the price will drop like kim kardashians panties at a night at the appolo. the cv is what it as, and wont be reproduced anytime soon so you have limited supply working for you.

#5 11 years ago

For what it's worth, I'm looking at trading my AC/DC Premium here in Canada and it appears to me as though the going rate is worth more than a CV. (Up here, maybe by about $500 depending on condition of the CV. Maybe more like $1000 if the CV is a little beat-up but again, condition is everything.)
I expect that since AC/DC has ranked so well, that it will only increase in value once they stop being produced. Maybe not massively, but there's little argument that it's a great machine so why would it drop in value? Better than most pins out there right now.
Code is already proven, and only likely to get better with next update. This isn't Xmen where only a new great code can save the game.
Of course, it's pinball so nothing's set in stone. More like "How bad do you want CV, and how bad does the other owner want AC/DC"?

#6 11 years ago

Yea I don't see ACDC dropping much it's a solid game and not many people want to let theirs go. Question is how long will they be producing them for ? It's a friend so I am not concerned about the value being off a couple hundred either way. What's an acdc worth in canada ?

#7 11 years ago

Keep AC/DC!!

#8 11 years ago

Well I paid $7,550 including taxes (13%) to get one.
(So I guess $6681 + taxes for what it's worth.)
I've heard (but not done alot of reasearch) that CV is worth $6000-$6750ish. Up here.
It's tough to say as there just aren't as many machines (of any kind) for sale up here.
Also, I'm very new to pinball so still learning. Take these numbers with a grain of salt.
If there were more of either for sale, it would be easier to compare.

If you're looking at trading to your friend, why not swap out for a month or so to see how you both feel about the trade before deciding on a number?

#9 11 years ago

It might be the last run in Feb. ACDC won't go down in value.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

It might be the last run in Feb. ACDC won't go down in value.

DO we have any reason to believe that? They are able to keep selling them out.

#11 11 years ago

There are at least 10 ac/dc on ebay right now. I dont think there is any shortage of them around right now. There has been a bunch of cv for sale, but i think all but 1 is sold.

#12 11 years ago

Yea I think its a pretty fair trade either way, obviosouly someone could end up with the better end of the deal depending how the market goes. AC/DC is a blast everytime I play, CV is just a magical game something about the late 90's B/W games gives you that special feeling while some of the newer sterns are very nice...they just dont make them like they used too as far as cool toys etc...

#13 11 years ago

I don't see the prices dropping on either of these pins anytime soon. But CV is definitely harder to get. And it's not going to get any easier moving forward. If you like it as much as your posts seem to indicate go for it. You'll be able to pick up a nice AC/DC fairly easily for years to come. IMO of course.

#14 11 years ago

Value is about right. But I wouldn't ever trade my ACDC for CV, just on fun factor.

#15 11 years ago

Seems pretty even.

#16 11 years ago

Easier to find a nice ACDC Premium versus finding a nice CV

I want an ACDC Premium but I wouldn't trade my HUO CV for it.

Monetarily the values could be about right based on what I see nice CV games sell for, but the condition of the CV would be the key. Most HUO ACDC Premium games are in the same range. CV can be 2-3k variance depending on condition.

Good luck !

#17 11 years ago

I think the value on your average CV is going to be slightly more than the AC/DC Premium NIB. Most people seem to be getting AC/DC for $6300 lately and in MOST cases I think CV goes for at least slightly more if not much more in very nice condition.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Easier to find a nice ACDC Premium versus finding a nice CV
I want an ACDC Premium but I wouldn't trade my HUO CV for it.
Monetarily the values could be about right based on what I see nice CV games sell for, but the condition of the CV would be the key. Most HUO ACDC Premium games are in the same range. CV can be 2-3k variance depending on condition.
Good luck !

Jeff I would trade you my AC/DC plus cash for your CV any day of the week and you can even have it back in like 6 months if you want haha This one is def a players game, should be working 100% but lots of inserts have ghosting and wear on the boom balloon and volts of whch like I said they make stickers for which isnt the best but would protect from more damage and looks good from the where you stand playing it. Cabinet is actually pretty nice and playfield fairly shiny and no other major wear I could see. I told my friend to see what else he can get while I mull it over, hopefully this should all be decided by the weekend. If I had unlimted funds and space I would just buy a super Nice CV and call it a day, but alas that is not the case!

Oh an PS $6300 i the going rate until feb proably when they get hard to find again after the shipments, and thats NIB so mine being perfect but used takes a hit for that no doubt, it does have a shaker and topper though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

17,000 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hypothetical-trade-question-acdc-prem-for-cv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.