You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you”

• leave creature as is 11 votes
    17%
  • love a deeper coded creature 24 votes
    38%
  • love a deeper coded creature that you could turn on / off certain features 26 votes
    41%
  • consider getting a creature if it was deeper 3 votes
    5%

(64 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161019_114908 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WaddleJrJr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Exactly. It would have to be a labour of love, that's for sure.
Would it be better to start from scratch rather than re-engineering the Williams stuff?
rd

Not so much that it'd be better, that you'd have to unless you're licensing with PPS.

#31 7 years ago

My only real complaints with Creature are the repetitive, easy, and fairly high value left ramp combo, and the random distribution of modes. In casual play the latter doesn't matter as much and wouldn't be a necessary change, however in tournament mode that should absolutely be removed. One player getting a pretzel and the other getting Unlimited Millions is just flat out unfair.

As far as the left ramp combo issue, the left ramp should really be given a use in main gameplay rather than just being looped over and over. Hell I'd rather it just do nothing instead of what it does now.

Anyways, other than that I think Creature from the Black Lagoon is one of the strongest Williams games. There's great value in the simplicity, challenge, and replayability. The multiball being only two ball with no add-a-ball is a fantastic challenge that really makes you play in a much more safe, controlled, and protected manner, where losing one ball means losing out on the massive prizes that lie ahead. Most modern multiballs with tiny jackpots, very long ball savers, and add-a-balls that provide even more long ball saver fail to recreate the intensity and excitement that Creature from the Black Lagoon presents. Even the glitch with the multiball playfield multipliers makes for an incredible asset in your game strategy, it's spectacular and wasn't even intentional!

Also as far as theming, atmosphere, sound, lighting, and animation, I find it to be one of the best games ever made. Very, very little I'd want to change with this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WaddleJrJr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hyperthetical-cftbl-code-improvements-v20?tu=WaddleJrJr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.