You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you”

• leave creature as is 11 votes
    17%
  • love a deeper coded creature 24 votes
    38%
  • love a deeper coded creature that you could turn on / off certain features 26 votes
    41%
  • consider getting a creature if it was deeper 3 votes
    5%

(64 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161019_114908 (resized).jpg
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

For me it's worth more then $300 - also bought a "kit" for CCC and the Bop 2.0 kit -> no regrets and worth every $.

But if you make a change on the rules... I hope it's possible to do more then one or two little updates, so you could create a more fun game maybe...

I would like to try out some stuff, but i'm not in coding and i think you have to get the original code to do some changes?
Or is it possible to write all code new with p-roc?

#52 7 years ago

Ok 3 ball multiball instead of 4. Honestly though all I really want is to be able to open the left ramp and cup up more. It's a great feature that can often goes without being used cause of the requirements. 300 is to much unless it's a kit with an auto plunger and someone finds hidden codes voices etc like Chad H found for in data east

#53 7 years ago

Some good ideas here ...

#54 7 years ago

I agree with the others, 300 is a drop in the bucket. It is not too much at all. Considering BOP upgrade is 2k, 300 is nothing. Hell, a colordmd is 400 and doesn't add anything to the game, other than prettier visuals. I'm in all day, regardless of price.

#55 7 years ago

If I had a CFTBL machine I'd look into coding something. Will probably work on some custom code for RBION (which I do own) at some point (add a tournament mode). Priorities

#56 7 years ago

1) Sell RBION
2) Buy Creature.
3) Code.

Priorities.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

1) Sell RBION
2) Buy Creature.
3) Code.
Priorities.

You're a coder too, Jim, right? And you have a creech, right?

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

1) Sell RBION
2) Buy Creature.
3) Code.
Priorities.

Screw that...RBION is the better game for sure; and i love me some Creech.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I find it really ridiculous that people would balk at $300 for a new set of rules for a game. The rules make all the difference in pinball - they are literally half of what makes a game fun to play. And if you consider what these games cost, let alone what parts/mods prices are, $300 would be an absolute bargain basement price.
Having 2 different sets of rules is almost like having 2 different games, if the differences are significant.
Compare this hypothetical upgrade to any of these...
- Invisiglass $300
- Topper $200
- Mike D Hologram LCD - $450
- LED OCD + LEDs - $300
- Toy car with LED headlights $50
All of the above added to a single game would NOT enhance the game play as much as a well done new ruleset. It wouldn't even be close. I think Creatures rules are great as-is, but an alternative version with Wizard modes would be absolutely awesome if done right. You would definitely want the ability to easily choose original vs new ruleset though.

I'd be surprised if ultimately at least 1000 BoP 2.0 kits aren't sold in the end. I would guess 200-250 have gone out by now. Maybe more. So there's definitely a market. It's just more suited to hobbyists who are prepared to sink the necessary time into it, rather than companies like DP or others.

#60 7 years ago

raid the snack bar wizard mode.

Once multiball is played and 3 snack bar employees have been choked, lock a ball in the slide and the kiss lane.

ramp comes down, shoot the snack bar to collect a food item and the whirlpool ramp to take food bites.

each rotation around the bowl is one bite, certain food items take greater amounts of bites to 'eat' {collect jackpot}

-c

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

You're a coder too, Jim, right? And you have a creech, right?

Yup. Busted.

But I doubt I have the skills or the patience to get to the actual coding part ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 27.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hyperthetical-cftbl-code-improvements-v20/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.