Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by tylery85
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Xyla Duvall has done it! She has re-opened her place in Denver this past weekend and it's great! With a half a dozen pins (including a fully functional Orbitor1) and over 50 classic vids, it's a great place to gitcher game on. This includes the vector wall featuring a dozen of the most classic vector videogames ever made including Major Havok and Tempest. The joint was packed this weekend and between the local papers and TV coverage, more people got to play classic vids than I can remember seeing in 1 place since 1982.

To be fair, The 1up(s) have been around for quite some time. But what makes Hyperspace different is that it is not a bar. This means that there were lots of kids there playing and being introduced to classic gaming that would not have been there otherwise. Everybody was super friendly and was obviously having a fantastic time.

Hyperspace is only open on the weekends and I can't wait to see what it will be like when the summer weather kicks in.

You can check out more at their Facebook page here:

Facebook.com/hyperspace80s

There is a vidja walkthrough that I put together that evening to give you a sense of the place and the event. It's a great place, an incredible experience and I hope to see you there!

#3 2 years ago

Cool. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

--Luke

3 months later
#5 2 years ago

We have been open six days a week, not just weekends, since we reopened. We actually have a dozen pins and over 100 machines total.

Our website has the full list of games: ...but I'm not allowed to post links

Be sure to sign up on our website before you visit to be able to register high scores and compete in our monthly Pinball tournaments (every second Sunday)

Xyla isn't the only partner to thank, we had to convince her she had enough support this time around to stay in Colorado!

1 week later
#6 2 years ago

I'll have to check it out, thanks for sharing!

#7 2 years ago

The first monthly tournament was held last night. 26 people played and the event ran very smoothly. Thanks to Snow for running the event and the HyperSpace crew for games running nice and tight!

2 months later
#8 2 years ago

Went to Hyperspace in Denver last night. Nice arcade and had a blast. The pinball machines played well and the arcade games are too many to count. The refreshments are reasonably priced and plentiful. Apparently they are expanding too!

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

Went to Hyperspace in Denver last night. Nice arcade and had a blast. The pinball machines played well and the arcade games are too many to count. The refreshments are reasonably priced and plentiful. Apparently they are expanding too!

Nice, if you are around tomorrow night they are having their monthly pinball tournament.

5 months later
#10 1 year ago

I like it. For $12 you really need to plan to be there a bit to get the value. They do a good job rotating games and are quick to fix broken ones. There collection of arcade games is great. A lot of vector titles as well as Laserdisc games. Very cool.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Toulouse, MIDI-PYRéNéES
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Southampton, PA
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
€ 12.50
$ 209.99
$ 229.99
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 4.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Multigame
$ 259.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 3.70
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside