You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

unnamed.jpg
IMG_6034.jpg
IMG_6035.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I know this isn't vpforums whatever, but I DID Google this and...well, honestly I don't know what anyone is talking about. I don't know Windows very well, and it's kinda over my head, but I need help.

I have a Virtual Pinball cabinet running two monitors. It worked great for several months, then lost the plot. The playfield is fine, but the backglass is now compressed in attract mode, with a large black space on the bottom part of the monitor where the DMD and Speaker art typically go. So, it looks like the DMD is just GONE. I checked the resolution in 'Display' and NVIDA and Display seems to be ok, but NVIDA is wrong. When I put in the right resolution, it just makes the DMD area a little shorter, but still nothing there. I put it back to normal size. Running FuturePinball, it 'works'. In visual pinball, no dice. The DMD is higher, like over the backglass.

For example:
- Running Scared Stuff, DMD half over the backglass, half in the black area with no speaker art. Backglass is a weird size too, as you can see ANOTHER version of the same backglass behind the backglass sticking out on the side. Playfield is fine, works fine otherwise.
- Running Black Knight, Backglass is a static image. No scoring displays anywhere. There is also the full screen playfield running fine, but on top of that is a little like 50% sized static image of the playfield art.
- Running Jacks To Open, similar to the Scared Stiff issue, but the STATIC backglass is on top, so you can see the score displays. Playfield is fine.

It's like its just shuffling the images in the wrong order. I'm not sure where to fix this. In HyperPin, the monitors are correct and the resolutions are correct. FuturePin works so something is working, and I'll say attract mode on all games works 'good enough' (the DMD area is still blacked out). I'm pretty confused. Any help is appreciated. 'That's not real pinball' comments not appreciated. Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

Ok, thinking about it, maybe sometimes, or often, the wrong image gets pushed the front. Seems to be random though. Maybe the DMD is lurking behind there? No idea on the other shuffled images.

#3 8 years ago

IMG_6035.jpgIMG_6035.jpgIMG_6034.jpgIMG_6034.jpg

#4 8 years ago

Your visual pinmame lost the DMD settings from computers power being directly turned off and not shut down properly as it was running.
The only way to fix it is to go back into each tables setting and set the DMDs position and monitor # back up and backglass size manually. Sometimes it works if you set backglass to primary and playfield to secondary monitor.
Or you may have to Start over from scratch.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=16286

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=102989.0

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Your visual pinmame lost the DMD settings from computers power being directly turned off and not shut down properly as it was running.
The only way to fix it is to go back into each tables setting and set the DMDs position and monitor # back up and backglass size manually. Sometimes it works if you set backglass to primary and playfield to secondary monitor.
Or you may have to Start over from scratch.
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=16286
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=102989.0

Wow... that sounds like a nightmare. Thanks for the help! I'll give it a shot.

#6 8 years ago

Erak, how do I find the DMDs position?

#7 8 years ago

And where is 'each tables setting'? SIGH. I blame my damn toddlers, power cycling the thing over and over for a few minutes until I got to them and removed the power button.

#8 8 years ago

Getting closer. I fixed the backglass size thing, but the DMD is totally gone now (not even on top of the backglass) and on EMs, the backglass is over the playfield (see pic).

One of those links indicated to Windows-Tab to shuffle the screens, but that didn't help.

unnamed.jpgunnamed.jpg

#9 8 years ago

Looks to me like just running the B2S setup config and downloading Set DMD would likely be able to square those things up.

#10 8 years ago

If. Set dmd doesnt work as suggested.

The hard way is....

You have to open up visual pinball. Choose the table but not run it. Check the settings.
Set it to dual monitors, DMD etc. open the table in edit mode.
Then drag the dmd (which is probably hiding under your table) to your second monitor with the mouse and size it. (You might have to shrink the table to find the dmd to drag, then resize it too)
**********Most important********************
Then return to settings and save the table after everything is where you want it. If you dont save it first, it will go right back to messed up on launch. Then run/launch it to see if it works.

If it doesnt work after saving in vp. It wont work in hyperpin.

There is tons on info on your problem and how to fix it. All you have to do is google it.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=26387

#11 8 years ago

Setdmd works so long as the rom path is set properly. All it does is update the registry where the roms are. You can use regedit and verify the changes manually.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hyperpinvisual-pinball-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.