(Topic ID: 122093)

'Hyperball91' Mal East's Personal Loss

By SteveinTexas

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Mal has replied in his topic on Nags Platter Repair that his wife passed away yesterday suddenly.

Mal joined Pinside about a year ago and had just recently moved to Grand Junction , Colorado where his wife had took a nursing position. Mal has made about 300 posts to topics raised by members and recently made his first topic mentioned above.

Obviously Mal is devastated and may not post again for a while. I just thought as Mal had contributed to so many peoples topics and always with kind words his loss and our opportunity to connect with Mal at this time may be missed. Possibly we can leave a message in this topic and he will see how many people are thinking of him.

Sorry for your loss my friend please don't stop posting you are part of our community.

Steve Johnston.

PS I have mals personnel email if you know him and want to get in touch. Please pinmail me.

#2 9 years ago

Sorry for the loss. Are their kids? That is the real tough part. I lost my wife a while back and it was tough getting back on my feet with 3 young kids. I had a lot of support from my church and a close friend who went through the same thing. It does help to have people around you. If mal needs someone to talk to I can help.

#3 9 years ago

Nothing I can say will change how much that sucks.. all I can do is hope that he can find some modicum of peace sometime down the road. I can only imagine how crushing that day will be when (if) it comes for me. I totally understand the desire to stay off the forums in this situation, however. Pinball and Pinside can wait.. we will be here when you need something, or when you feel like posting again. Thanks for letting us know, and we'll be here..

#4 9 years ago

if you do read this mal, please know i am thinking of you... we have developed a nice relationship both via posts and pm, and i truly feel for your loss...

#5 9 years ago

Mal- I'm so sorry to hear the terrible news. Let me know if I can help in any way.

#6 9 years ago

Thank you all, I really appreciate all your comments. I love pinside and the people here are a great bunch. I haven't met you Chris, but yes we have developed a nice relationship via emails. I always enjoy seeing your cat avatar looking back at me as I and a lot of others missed you when you were off the forums for a while. I'll try not to stay away from pinside for long.

Thank you Russell, I was very fortunate to have met you a couple of times and played your pins. You were the closest pinsider living nearby me once. That pin golf tourny we had at Geoffs place was a lot of fun.

Jodi and I both had 2 kids each but none with each other. They're all adults and have left home. Jodis son is 22 and devastated. Her daughter is 25 and estranged but she misses her mother deep down. My 2 kids are 33 and 25 and also estranged so they probably don't know about my loss yet.

Jodi has been battling leukaemia since 2007 and her battle was finally lost. R.I.P. my beautiful Jodi
    Mal

#7 9 years ago

Mal -

Very sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and all affected by this.

We have never met but in a way I think of the broader pinball enthusiast community (particularly EM's which is all I do) as a family.

#8 9 years ago

Mal -

Very sorry to learn of this! You are definitely part of our family - please let us know if there is anything we can do to help in any way!

-scott

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hyperball91-mal-easts-personal-loss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.