(Topic ID: 111179)

Hyperball System 7 Won't power on.

By BlobfishXL

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Excuse my noobness, this is my second pin (well kind of pin).

I picked up a non-working Hyperball. When I was making the deal all that would power on were 4 of the backglass flashers and the fan for the big solenoid. The MPU display would also flash 0 when you flipped the power.

Got it home and no power to anything. No zero flash. Hitting the black button on the sound board does not result in anything. I shocked myself reaching around in the bottom of the cabinet, so there is at least power entering the cab.

No obvious burned up stuff. GI Connector is fine. No battery damage.

I checked the fuses on the Power supply and none are blown (although they all seem to be the wrong fuses). Did not pull the Cab fuses as they did not come out easy, but I will if that is the ob next step. Superficially, they do not look blown.

I have a known working Power supply from a system 9 that I can swap in, but I read that if the sound test does nothing then one should not start with the power supply.

Where should I start?

#2 9 years ago

power cord connection to transformer in lower cabinet. all well connected.
transformer lines to pcb with fuses
check all fuses.
all wiring harness plugs are snug and tight across all pcb's. lower cab and backbox.
very common... individual wire(s) loose or out of wiring harness plugs.
general inspection for broken wires soldered to parts (solenoids, etc...).
you shouldn't be getting shocked reach around in there.

just some initial ideas...
much smarter folks than i here

#3 9 years ago

EXCITING NEWS UPDATE

Someone had cut the black coin door switch that tells the machine the door is shut. The wire was just loose in the cab. I connected the switch back and it powered up!

#4 9 years ago

P.S. if anyone is wondering: The giant ass plastic that makes up the playfield is not glued down, it is just held on by screws.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, IN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hyperball-system-7-wont-power-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.