photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
IMG_2373.jpg
IMG_2375.jpg
IMG_2377.jpg
1 014.jpg
photo 2(1).JPG
photo 1(1).JPG
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Been working on this project for a long time now and should be complete in about a week. I started off with a beat up Hyper ball and re themed it to a Buzz Lightyear. Custom powder coated all the metal on it. Made custom decals/ back glass and a custom speaker. Just about done. What do u guys think?

IMG_0037.jpgIMG_0037.jpg IMG_0036.jpgIMG_0036.jpg photo 2(1).JPGphoto 2(1).JPG photo 1(1).JPGphoto 1(1).JPG
#2 9 years ago

That's really neat. I like the design. Anything done to the playfield area?

#3 9 years ago

had to remake the whole pf too. I took a full sheet of acrylic and hand cut and drilled the whole thing. After that I plotted out rockets and stenciled them to the pf. Sprayed it purple this morning and letting it cure. One step closer to being done

1 014.jpg1 014.jpg IMG_2377.jpgIMG_2377.jpg IMG_2373.jpgIMG_2373.jpg IMG_2375.jpgIMG_2375.jpg
#4 9 years ago

That's a lot of good work there. I bet you can't wait to play it.

#5 9 years ago

Man, that takes some commitment. Good job

#6 9 years ago

That looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 9 years ago

Wow. Super impressive. My kids would love the theme.

#8 9 years ago

Nice I will have to cone check it out.

#9 9 years ago

Wow, that's really great work. Well done. Can't wait to see your finished project. My son and I loved playing my old Hyperball machine, hence my nick. I had to laugh at the reflection of you taking a photo of the playfield. Sorry, but it looked like bigfoot to me at first glance. <jk>

#10 9 years ago

This is sweet. Please post a video once finished! Very impressive.

#11 9 years ago

are you improving the targets' art too, or are they still like: A, B, C, D, E, ... ?

let me know when you want to sell this
i've been looking for a hyperball f-o-r-e-v-e-r, and this makes it great !!

#12 9 years ago

Pretty fantastic. I enjoy Hyperball but it is pretty bland. Great theme.

#13 9 years ago

Really beautiful...I love the colors. I remember how excited I was to play Hyperball for the first time when it was new, just like I was excited about any new Williams game back then. They did a great job promoting it ahead of time so there was a lot of anticipation for it. I will leave it at that...don't want to spoil the thread, but hey...at least they tried! Pinball was in big trouble then and they had to try something! I'm sure it will be a lot of fun rethemed, and a huge source of pride!

#14 9 years ago

Wow .... im very impressed ........I'm working on a custom despicable me pinball also.

#15 9 years ago

Very cool!

Did you change the boardset at all? My Hyperrball was problematic to say the least!

Great work on the re-theme!

Chris

#16 9 years ago

So...little confused here. The original playfield is just smoked plexi with some painted areas? I always thought it had proper inserts in it or it was masked off black. Great idea for re-theme...just trying to understand how the new PF works without light bleed..

#17 9 years ago

Matt and I have been working on this together for awhile now. This Game is sitting in my personal collection here @ Pincades. Some of you Pinsiders have been here and seen it in the making progress. I as well had it in my booth a few years back at Chicago Expo.
It should be back together and shooting within the next few weeks. We will post a video when its finished. As far as for sale! Yes it will be, but undetermined price YET!
Pincades
JT

#18 9 years ago

Awesome!

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

So...little confused here. The original playfield is just smoked plexi with some painted areas? I always thought it had proper inserts in it or it was masked off black. Great idea for re-theme...just trying to understand how the new PF works without light bleed..

Basically yes. That's what gives it that extremely sleek look.

The "masking" is done by lights sitting in cutouts in the wooden playfield under the plexi overlay.

#20 9 years ago

I love my Hyperball and would not change a thing about it. As for yours, you could do what you wanted with it. And what you did was INCREDIBLE. It looks like a whole new game, not just a flashy paint job. I am so impressed. Everything was tastefully done.

#21 9 years ago

playfield is dropping in this week.
Pincades
JT

#22 9 years ago

PF difference is more subtle but the cabinet art is night and day. Way to breathe life back into an otherwise dated looking game.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

PF difference is more subtle but the cabinet art is night and day. Way to breathe life back into an otherwise dated looking game.

! Hyperball is one of the coolest looking games of all time! Gameplay is stupid, but i would put a Hyperball in my gameroom just for the looks if i had enough space.

Nevertheless a very nicely done job on this one.

#24 9 years ago

Very cool.

#25 9 years ago

That looks amazing. Very pro-grade!

#26 9 years ago

Very nice!!

#27 9 years ago

almost playfield time!
Pincades

#28 9 years ago

Makes me wish someone would actually make a Pixar pinball machine. Looks awesome!

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

My Hyperrball was problematic to say the least!

And it still is.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

And it still is.

LOL, sorry to hear that! Chris Hibler did great for me, but it just kept doing odd stiff. Does it still take like 10 min for the cannon to shoot at full strength?

Chris

#31 9 years ago

It does. It just stopped running the lift auger, I was just looking at it last night. A chore for later tonight.

/thread_hijack (disable)

#32 9 years ago

Nice work Matt. That's a great re-theme.

#33 9 years ago

Great Stuff,Now i want one

#34 9 years ago

photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG
Seeing as the acrylic was a transparent blue that I stenciled off the rockets and other wording I needed to put something behind it as not to see the bulbs underneath it. So bought a full sheet of white defusing film and cut out the shape of the playfield and all the drill holes with an x-acto knife. After that I started to reassemble the PF. Still more to go but it is taking shape.

photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG
#35 9 years ago

how are you labeling the targets ?

#36 9 years ago

made some custom decal for the 9 of them. Working on making the plastic set and the letters as we speak. Gonna add some more Buzz green to the pf.

#37 9 years ago

Just getting mine up and running was enough of a project. I give you credit. Thats a lot of work that you are putting into that machine. I can't wait to see the finished game when you are done.

#38 9 years ago

dropped by matts yesterday and saw the playfield SWWWEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT
we may drop it in the game today!
JT

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

made some custom decal for the 9 of them. Working on making the plastic set and the letters as we speak. Gonna add some more Buzz green to the pf.

LIGHTYEAR? or just an image?

#40 9 years ago

LIGHTBEER?

4 weeks later
#41 9 years ago

Play field is in and playing!
Few minor tweaks and install the plastics and it's ready for sale.
JT

#42 9 years ago

we need pics! Or a video! or both!!!

Chris

#43 9 years ago

photo(1).JPGphoto(1).JPG

teaser pic, more coming soon with the pf plastics installed

#44 9 years ago

That looks really nice. Makes me want to go play my (stock) hyperball

#45 9 years ago

thats really nice, well done

#46 9 years ago

Wow...
The playfield looks great.
Here's a pic i took at Disneyland just recently.
Thought of your playfield when we saw it.

image-551.jpgimage-551.jpg

1 week later
#47 9 years ago

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

Will install later tonight

#48 9 years ago

Great job. Looks really cool!

Mike

#49 9 years ago

WOW! When and where can I order one? Great job.

#50 9 years ago

Very cool!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Malboro, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hyperball-re-themed-buzz-lightyear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.