You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5844 (resized).JPG
IMG_5845 (resized).JPG
Hyperball_(resized).png
#1 7 years ago

I want PDI glass for my restored Hyperball but the minimum buy is 5 sheets since it is a non-standard size. If anyone is interested please let me know so we can put an order together. The price is approximately $300 per sheet delivered.
I have seen references on-line to laser cutting tempered glass but I have not been successful finding anyone that can do it. I originally thought I would just have a standard size PDI glass cut to fit.

#2 7 years ago

Bump for the best functioning pinball glass available. PDI.

#3 7 years ago

Come on guys. There have to be some of you who like their Hyperball enough to buy this glass.

#4 7 years ago

Hyperball is a Williams, System 7 made in 1981. I don't know but I'm wondering if any of these other machines made then have the same dimensions. I don't want to send you on a wild goose chase but maybe post the dimensions of your glass and possibly there are others beyond just the Hyperball owners that could join your quest. - And I'll measure the glass on some of my 80's games to compare also.

Something tells me you've already done your home work and I'm probably wasting your time but who knows... Anyway, good luck.

Hyperball_(resized).pngHyperball_(resized).png

#5 7 years ago

Defender, Time Fantasy and Fireball II use the same general cab. I gotta guess the glass would be the same?

#6 7 years ago

I think the difference with Hyperball is the large lockdown bar, necessitating a shorter glass.

#7 7 years ago

might want to check out rapid fire glasses, otherwise local glass shops can order tempered glass any pinbal measurement for about $70-$80

2 weeks later
#8 7 years ago

Another bump to shake up anyone wanting PDI glass for their Hyperball.

#9 7 years ago

Any Idea if Joust (Head to Head) is the same?
Magicchiz

#10 7 years ago

Hey Pinslinger. Please post the dimensions of the glass size you need. I'm curious and it may help.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Any Idea if Joust (Head to Head) is the same?
Magicchiz

No! Hyperball is not the same size as Joust...Joust PF glass is bigger than Hyperball PF glass (wider and longer)

Quoted from Mr68:

Hey Pinslinger. Please post the dimensions of the glass size you need. I'm curious and it may help.

My Hyperball PF glass is 21 X 37 1/16. It is same width as standard, but shorter due to the lockbar.

No I am not interested in PDI glass for mine. It is nice enough, and I'm not going to pay more for a piece of PF glass than I did for my entire pin. (that may be exaggerating a bit...it's probably about the same as what I paid for my entire pin)

Phoebe

#12 7 years ago

Thanks for posting the size of the glass. I predicted someone would say the glass would cost more than the game and I understand the reasoning, but please take a look at my Hyperball. I hope you agree this one deserves PDI glass

IMG_5845 (resized).JPGIMG_5845 (resized).JPG

IMG_5844 (resized).JPGIMG_5844 (resized).JPG

#13 7 years ago

Have you looked into Invisiglass? It may not be as nice but you maybe don't have to buy five pieces.

#14 7 years ago

Wow, that's a gorgeous looking game!

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinslinger:

but please take a look at my Hyperball. I hope you agree this one deserves PDI glass

Yes your Hyperball is very nice, but I still don't think it (or really any pinball machine for that matter) deserves $300. + PF glass...Sorry that is just my opinion. I don't have any on any of my pins and won't. There are many other things I would buy for my games before I would spend that much for a piece of glass...
We actually have a friend that had a piece (on loan to see of he wanted to buy it), he brought it to our house to put on his MM for our league finals several years ago. We ended up switching it to another game during the course of the day, and he couldn't tell the difference. At the end of the day we were helping him load it (not the actual piece he still hadn't noticed) back in his car and OOOPS! dropped it and shattered it in our driveway...he had a small heart attack. Then we came clean and told him it wasn't his glass...needless to say he decided against it. Said if he couldn't tell the difference it wasn't worth it.

Phoebe

#16 7 years ago

Where did you get a backglass with yellow lettering? Looks pretty neat.

#17 7 years ago

I wonder if you had something like a DMD glare guard if that would get rid of that glare from the chrome piece.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

We actually have a friend that had a piece (on loan to see of he wanted to buy it), he brought it to our house to put on his MM for our league finals several years ago. We ended up switching it to another game during the course of the day, and he couldn't tell the difference.

Hey Phoebe

I can't help but wonder if there was a mix up somehow on the glass your friend borrowed. I love the stuff and can easily justify the price. Other people love it but can't justify the price, which I completely understand.

I've had friends over and we tested, PDI, Invisaglass, museum glass (low iron) and standard. PDI was a run away winner, no question.
I believe you but find it hard to understand why you guys couldn't tell any difference.

Anyway, see you at Expo.

#19 7 years ago

If the game isn't in a spot where lights glare off the glass, you don't need PDI. A properly situated game with new, clean glass can look like no glass is installed.

Plus the dude in question likes to drink during league..

#20 7 years ago

I am considering for mine. Love the stuff. But my entire HB was only $300 as Phoebe said.!!

#21 7 years ago

I believe PDI or Invisiglass if the most cost effective mod one could put on their pin. The chrome isn't the problem as much as the dark playfield. Since the Hyperball playfield is black and dark red, a regular sheet of glass looks white.
As for the yellow lettering on the backglass, it is red. Somehow my iPhone made it look yellow. Yellow would have been really cool and rare!

2 weeks later
#22 7 years ago

Come on guys. I am good for two sheets of glass, so I only need three others. Please please.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Tools
Pincoder Store

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Malboro, NJ
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hyperball-pdi-glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.