Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have a chance to pick one of these up. Does it have staying power in a 7 pin line up? Having never played one, it does look fun for at least a while. I think my 10 year old son and his friends might love the "machine gun" effect, thoughts?

#2 8 years ago

not really pinball and its loud as f*$k but it is a fun game.

#3 8 years ago

I agree -- fun game but wear ear plugs!

#4 8 years ago

Yes, fun game to add to a diverse collection.

#5 8 years ago

Check the condition of the balls. There are a lot of them to replace and at $1.85 it can be expensive.

I got bored of it after about 3 plays but a kid might like it more.

#6 8 years ago

As far as the loudness goes...
If you do get one, line the inside of the bottom cabinet everywhere you can with sound deadoning foam.
Egg carton looking stuff.

And line the wooden ball tray in the bottom that the balls drop into with 1/16 craft foam. Just rubber cement it into the tray
The game will be super quiet after that.

I did it to my old hyperball. And the difference is amazing.

#7 8 years ago

It is a fun fast game with the robotron arcade sounds in it. That said I wouldn't own one in a collection smaller them 10 machines. My son and his friends absolutely LOVE it. If you do end up picking one up do yourself a favor and go to the pinwiki site for hyperball. The game is unplayable on stock settings. The pinwiki site gives you the recommended settings to make the game more fun and they work, I highly recommend the pinwiki settings!

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Hyperball

#8 8 years ago

The game is a blast to play...more an 'arcade game' than a pinball machine. It does get shunned by the pinball purist though. I saw that one in Erie...if I didn't have one sitting in the garage I would have made the trip

#9 8 years ago

Own one in a four game collection moved to our new house April 2014 never put it in the game room... Here it is 13 months later it's still chillin in the garage. We don't ever play in the garage. Ever.

#10 8 years ago

This game is totally interesting to me. There has been one for sale here for a long time, but the person wants $1100 for it. I personally would love to have one, but I think its probably a $500 game at best. Just not enough to do and no long term staying power.

#11 8 years ago

Played one at the last Jacksonville Expo. Was fun for about a minute (crossfire nostalgia if nothing else), then it felt mindless.

#12 8 years ago

Fun game I had one and sold it but would definitly own again if one comes up in my area.

#13 8 years ago

Like others have described and my shared views as well,
Quick, Loud, Fun, and a way to diversify.

4 months later
#14 8 years ago

Got mine running finally and now looking at doing some soundproofing......

#15 8 years ago

Update. After a brief testing session it appears as thought the mpu has gone to the big mpu graveyard in the sky. Back to the shop she goes if a swap out mpu does not revive her........"If it's Hyperball, it's probably broken".

#16 8 years ago

Also make sure the motor (ball feed) is good. Seems like these are bad alot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, IN
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hyperball-opinions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.