• Latest reply 6 years ago by Biffbar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hyperball (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Trying to upgrade to the Askey high score saving ROM for my Hyperball. I download the L6 ROM here:

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3169

Burn it to a 2532 but it won't work. Just garbage on the alphanumeric display and screeching. Several attempts the same. Try burning his L5 version - same thing. Hmm. . .

Dump my original IC20 ROM and burn it on a new 2532 and it's good to go. So, it's not my burner or the brand of 2532s I'm using.

Is there a complete set of the Askey ROMs I'm supposed to have. All I've seen reads like you just replace the one IC20 with this one and you should be good to go.

Ideas?

TIA

#2 6 years ago

I've compared the file form the ipdb against the working PinMame roms I have and they are the same CRC.
PinMame also uses the U14 and U17 from the L4 file.

Peter

Hyperball (resized).jpgHyperball (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

I had trouble with the custom L6 roms, and the custom L5 which they were supposed to replace. The custom L6 rev was released to fix the bug in the custom L5 roms, where the game would get stuck in audit mode if you ever had to change batteries. Only fix was to put in original roms, then put the custom L5 roms back in. Chief benefit of the custom roms was retaining the high scores. Huge time suck troubleshooting that issue, swapping 5101 chips, probing data lines, before finding out the L5 custom rom code had an error.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks, all.

Looks like the L6 need the original accompanying L4 ROMS - at least that was my case. I had L5 factory ROMs in my game.

Burned the two L4 and the one L6 - all good now.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from BabyPac:

Thanks, all.
Looks like the L6 need the original accompanying L4 ROMS - at least that was my case. I had L5 factory ROMs in my game.
Burned the two L4 and the one L6 - all good now.

Nice. Will have to try the custom L6 IC20 again, and double check my L4's.

#6 6 years ago

Custom L6 at IC20 is working for me now. Had a flaky IC14 in my L4 set. It had a good checksum in the burner, but was no good in the machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Malboro, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hyperball-l6-rom-no-workie?hl=biffbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.