(Topic ID: 227696)

Hyperball high score save

By PinballRusch

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I’ve had a Hyperball for nearly a year. Did some board work to get the playfield display working properly and also a few mechanical fixes. It plays wonderfully and is set to free play. The weird thing is that it won’t hold any high scores even though we’ve entered them. My 9 year old scored over 1mil last night and when the game is turned off and on, or the coin door is opened, the score is deleted. However, I noticed while changing the batteries last week, that the machine goes off freeplay setting when batteries are removed/replaced. So the fact that the machine will keep a game setting yet not a high score doesn’t make sense.
Thoughts?

#2 5 years ago

It originally did not save highscores. You can get a new PROM chip and then it would save your highscore.

#3 5 years ago

Seriously? So what’s the point of saving the high score? Bragging rights for the day

#4 5 years ago

These games where in arcades and left on for long periods of time. Games like Pacman also erased the high scores when turned off.

#5 5 years ago

I had no idea. Thanks for the education!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Malboro, NJ
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hyperball-high-score-save and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.