• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mario_1_up
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

History-
Was playing my first game of the night, got about 3 balls fired and then the cannon stopped working.
Triggers still make the sound as if I were shooting
Thought that the coil might of been fried from some serious non stop play the other night so I replaced it with one that 'looked' new
But still no firing, the cannon can be manually ejected so no jams and the balls feed just fine.
I guess my question to all your hyperball owners or pinball techs is there a certain plug or fuse I should be searching for?
Thanks all for your help!

#2 10 years ago

Manual would help. Or with a meter pull and check every fuse you find and check continuity of wiring from coil to board in head.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

I fixed this same problem for a guy locally and it was a fuse but off the top of my head I don't remember which one. I believe it was somewhere along the right side of the backbox near the bottom. As Lloyd suggested the manual would probably identify which one.

EDIT: Manual can be found at http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/3169/Hyperball.pdf

see page 7 (pages are out of order -- scroll about halfway down to find pg. 7)

#4 10 years ago

I am thinking either F5, F6, or F7 on the Power Supply Board was the one that was bad in the game that I repaired.

#5 10 years ago

The fuse for the shooter coil and the ball lift coil is located on the power switching board not the power supply board. Fuse 1 and 2 are located on there. One is for the shooter and one is for the lift. There is a bridge rectifier on that board for the shooter coil as well.

1 week later
#6 10 years ago

Thanks for the responses I'll go through the fuses again I know the ones on the power switching board are good.

#7 10 years ago

its prolly the transistor on the power switching board

#8 10 years ago

i had that problem my hyperball and it was a small transistor on one of the boards. download the manual off ipdb and it will tell you witch transistor it is on the trouble shooting flow chart.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Malboro, NJ
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hyperball-cannon-not-firing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.