4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hyperball (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I am desperate. My Hyperball game cannon will not work. It keeps blowing the fuse F2 on the power switching board. I have read some other posts that seem to have a similar issue but they never seem to share the resolution to the problem.

I have tested the bridge rectifier (BR1)
I have tested the varasitor (VR2)
I have tested the diode (D1)
I have tested the capacitor (C3)

These are all the suggestions from the manual if the F2 fuse blows immediately as mine does and they all test fine. There is one suggestion from the manual that I have not tested (6C2) (manual suggestion pictured) but I am unsure where that is as it is not on the power switching board like the other components I listed.

The cannon coil ohms out at 11 ohms as it is supposed to per pinwiki.

Everything else seems to work on the game. Even the cannon sounds are present when the triggers are pulled but does not fire. The boards were serviced by an experience fella.

If you have any input into this issue I will appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you!

Hyperball (resized).jpgHyperball (resized).jpg
1 year later
#2 2 years ago

Back from the dead. I now have a HB withe exact same issue. Even the components mentioned are testing good here too.

Any ideas?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Malboro, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hyperball-cannon-blowing-fuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.