Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hyperballdriver (resized).png
8D16C6B2-CB23-4246-B158-4D33ED9F95C0 (resized).jpeg
Hyperball driver (resized).png
Hyperball (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

Dear Collective,

I have a Hyperball which is mostly working except I have noticed a segment is missing on all of the alphanumeric displays.
It is segment k so not noticeable that much but now I have seen it, it’s going to annoy me.
I tried following the wiring schematics but I am struggling to find the problem.
Any pointers??
It’s missing on every one of the alphas, I’m not sure if it was missing when I first got it or if I have disturbed something.
Where’s the best place to start??

Thank you all in advance.

#2 1 year ago

Missing Segment

Reseat connector 2J10 on the driverboard.

No?

Reseat cables on the display and Main Harness that connects from the playfield to Head

Hyperball (resized).pngHyperball (resized).pngHyperball driver (resized).pngHyperball driver (resized).png
#3 1 year ago

You Sir are a genius.

I cannot thank you enough, this is exactly what i was looking for.

I'll try these this evening and report back.

#4 1 year ago

Reporting back.
I have connectivity from the control board 2J10 pin 9 right through to the alpha display 14J4 pin 9
With test mode on displaying the star display I have -70 volts on that pin with -36 volts on the other pins.

#5 1 year ago

Thinking I have been looking at this upside down, now thinking it might be segment r instead

8D16C6B2-CB23-4246-B158-4D33ED9F95C0 (resized).jpeg8D16C6B2-CB23-4246-B158-4D33ED9F95C0 (resized).jpeg
#6 1 year ago

Suspect problem is on the driverboard

Check the output is present for that drive coming from 2J10

hyperballdriver (resized).pnghyperballdriver (resized).png
#7 1 year ago

checked all diagonal segments r, n h and k respectively (whilst in test mode) at 2J10 pin 6, 2J10 pin 3, 2J11 pin 2 there is -35v on all. On 2J10 pin 9 i have -77v. What should these be??
I have -104v on pin 10 of both IC21 and IC14
I have 3.19v on pins 6, 4 and 1 of IC21 and 3.25v on pin 7 of IC14

#8 1 year ago

I managed to find another alphanumeric display, plugged that in and segment r now works alas i have a different segment out on the replacement device so it must be a display issue rather than a board issue

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Malboro, NJ
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hyperball-alphanumeric-display-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.