Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hb_auger.jpg
photo_4.JPG
photo_3.JPG
photo_2.JPG
photo_1.JPG
#1 13 years ago

So, I was doing my nightly check on kijiji, and came across a hyperball no pics and $499 so I emaied that I wanted to come by and take a look. Got a phone call back in about 10 mins and was told that if I could pick it up tonite $300.

I went to go take a look and guess what ? Really awesome shape, I mean fantastic shape, barely even a scratch. Playfied and plastics 10/10 cabinet and backglass 9/10. So I now own a Hyperball.

I know its not really a pin but it is a pretty cool novelty to have around the games room. Even if the novelty wears off, at least I can get my money back off it, maybe even make some. Average price around here $700.

#2 13 years ago

At that price, you can't really go wrong one way or another. Grats on the acquisition, erak!

#3 13 years ago

I gave it a really good once over when I got it home. 1 brand new display driver board from rottden dog, NEW LED displays, Updated game roms, And new powersupply and cap. SCORE!

#4 13 years ago

I think the game has only been rated twice on here,
-not much is known

#5 13 years ago

Yea Autumnfade. We need more Hyperball reviews. *looks at Erak to do the honors after breaking in the game*

#6 13 years ago

Hey Erak, what is kijiji? Can you post a link?

#7 13 years ago

tehcox, kijiji:

http://tinyurl.com/onralf

#8 13 years ago

I haven't seen a Hyperball in years. The pinball museum in Las Vegas had one the last time I was there, but it wasn't working / down for repairs. No, it's not pinball in the slightest, but it is kinda fun to play and an interesting hybrid of game technology.

Always worth a look- and that's a great price, Erak.

#9 13 years ago

250balls, no flippers -kind of strange

#10 13 years ago

I wouldn't want to replace those balls each year. Yikes.

#11 13 years ago

It actually only has 50 balls, but shoots 250 per minute. Cool thing is the playfield is convex plexiglass screen printed behind. Plus for a 1981 machine it has opto switches on the 9 back targets, which flip up.

The sounds are from defender and robotron.

Its not a great game, but it is pretty fun and addicting. Today I modded it out with foam padding to reduce how loud the damn thing is. And soon its gonna have LED's through out. Playfield alone has 180 bulbs, major heat especially with a plastic playfield.

#12 13 years ago

post some pics of it.

#13 13 years ago

Here is just a couple of pics of the foam mod. This is sticker backed foam from a craft shop 12 x 10 sheet $1.50. 2 strips, 1 on each side of ball feeder. Foam on metal ball stop by shooter to stop the loud ping as balls fly all over the place.

I filled the wood tray under the playfield too. Now no super loud hollow thud as balls fall through targets. I also put foam around the ball feeder screw to quiet that too.

photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG photo_3.JPGphoto_3.JPG photo_4.JPGphoto_4.JPG hb_auger.jpghb_auger.jpg

6 years later
#14 6 years ago

I just picked one up but its missing the display driver board mounted behind the backglass door. I wrote Marco to verify that the rottendog system 7 display driver board was compatible because Hyperball wasn't on the game list. here is what he wrote "The PS-8363-P is not compatible with Hyperball, we don't currently have a system that will work in Hyperball.

Thanks and kind regards,

Marco Specialties Customer Support

So.... are you saying that it is compatible or is there another board that is?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Malboro, NJ
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hyperball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.