Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ZippyThePinhead
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CashForGoldPromo.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zippythepinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from ebononcini:

Sad. Too bad orders couldn't have been pulled from that dude instead of honest collectors.

Agreed!!! Why does Stern let their distributors sell their pins in the initial retail market for $2400 over MSRP? If anyone could buy directly from Stern, I wouldn't have a problem with this. But when distributors technically have a monopoly on new releases, Stern should be setting some kind of ground rules to keep them from gouging the pinball community. I'm good with whatever the secondary market sets the price at because it will have to follow the traditional rules of supply & demand of a capitalistic society.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Bet they got some inventory reduction by the hands of Stern

I doubt it...I called them the Friday morning when the Metallica LE was officially released for pre-orders...they told me they didn't get any alloted to them by Stern...now I know why they told me that...they're selling the allotment of 5 they DID get for $9,999 each on EBAY!!!

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

why do you think stern even cares what happens to the product once it leaves their hands? they have no skin in the game...
stern should not (nor should they have any desire to) concern themselves with the "gouging of the pinball community"... please... no one is forcing anyone to buy a pinball machine, and a pin isn't food, water or shelter...
if you are in a position to drop $7500 on a pin, quit whining...

Stern should care what their partners (the distributors) are doing to the the end user (the pinball community) because if they keep screwing the end user, some buyers might decide to take their money (potentially Stern's money) elsewhere. And btw, I'm not whining because I got one...just making an observation from a sense of fairness and a business perspective. Something you obviously don't get!

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

got a couple nice bridges here for sale if you think the distributor in question is the only one who did this...
i said it back when many were demanding an "official explanation" from stern... the very last thing the distributors wanted was for that to happen, because then many of them would be the ones with some 'splainin to do to their customers...

Of course I don't think they're the only ones that did it...which only helps to strengthen my original point that Stern needs to set some kind of ground rules for their pins entering the initial retail market.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I'm still waiting for my Internet connection...

What are you waiting for? There is an internet company advertising some really good deals! You should call them. They can be reached at BR-549...ask for Junior...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zippythepinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside