• Hurricane 9 votes
    35%
  • Street Fighter II 10 votes
    38%
  • Operation thunder 7 votes
    27%

(26 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Wich one and why?

#2 2 years ago

Since SF2 is the biggest pile of DMD shiat on the planet. You are not going to see a lot of votes for that. Hurricane doesn't get a lot of love either. Operation thunder isn't a bad game. Looks great too.

#3 2 years ago

SF2 by a mile.

SF2 doesnt usually get good reviews but compared to those two its a great game.

#4 2 years ago

I would hold out for something better to come along. If that isn't an option, my vote would be Hurricane.

#5 2 years ago

SF2 has great shots to work on your aiming and with malenko 's new dmd (REDRAWN!) animations in color (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-street-fighter-ii-great-again) and the alt translite, its pretty sweet package.
The Guile shot is super satisfying to pull off for a huge jackpot
The Chun Li shot is fun to rep back to back if you can get in a groove

hurricane is pretty lame, would never own it

operation thunder is okay, I always play a game or two on it when I see it at a show.

#6 2 years ago

Hurricane is one of the most underrated games in my opinion. It's a carnival under glass. Lots of fun.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

SF2 has great shots to work on your aiming and with malenko 's new dmd (REDRAWN!) animations in color (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-street-fighter-ii-great-again) and the alt translite, its pretty sweet package.
The Guile shot is super satisfying to pull off for a huge jackpot
The Chun Li shot is fun to rep back to back if you can get in a groove
hurricane is pretty lame, would never own it
operation thunder is okay, I always play a game or two on it when I see it at a show.

where its the alternative backglass?

#8 2 years ago

Hurricane is like a playable Rube Goldberg device with the ramps everywhere. The art on it is cool, the theme works fairly well on it, but it's just too much stuff everywhere that you end up watching instead of interacting with. I'm a HUGE theme park lover, and I have no interest in ever owning this one. I will play it once or twice whenever I see it, but that usually feels like enough. In particular, the double Ferris wheel on it takes forever to the point you just want to avoid that shot.

Operation Thunder I haven't spent a ton of time with, but it's decent. It suffers from a bit of the thing that a lot of Gottlieb games did, which is that it isn't balanced well from what I remember. Also, the playfield on it is ULTRA crowded.

Street Fighter II a lot of people hate, as it plays like the video game but using a ball. It's SUPER linear, has a ton of strategy in what you pick after each completed shot (aka beat opponent), and with only one pop bumper plays less like a pinball and more like a shooting gallery that just happens to be using a pinball.

I've had chances to own all three, and I do own a SF2. If I was going to buy one of these and they were my only game however, I would pick the Operation Thunder. If you have multiple other games and don't mind a change of pace, SF2 isn't as terribly as it is if you don't have much selection.

#9 2 years ago

I can't speak for operation thunder, but...

I certainly wouldn't spend my money on Street fighter or hurricane.
Didn't expect much of Street fighter (I dislike the theme so i'm biased), but I did for hurricane having owned a couple cyclones and thought maybe one day I'd swap out cyclone for one.
Hurricane just has no flow, the game play is so broken into pauses that it will bore you to death once you see all the entertainment features.

#10 2 years ago

PM malenko for the info on the alt translite

PM toyotaboy for info on the arcade mod

2 (resized).jpg

1 (resized).jpg

#11 2 years ago

thou you are trying to polish a turd, it's a great attempt, but that awesome translite would look better in a frame on the wall.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Danvers, MA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Peachtree City, GA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside