• Latest reply 3 years ago by fiberdude120
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

Looking for one of these and interested in feedback on condition and price

#2 3 years ago

It's one of the least desired and least fun WPC games made. Sure, it has it's fan base and the theme and art is great, but it's a mix of way too easy ramp shots, unforgivable vacuum outlanes and simple rules/bad scoring, which makes for an odd playing experience.
They typically sell for half what that one is listed for. Just my experience with it, I've had two of them.
If you are a die hard on the hunt, look at breaks to the ramps which are not available, and cabinet fade is common.

#3 3 years ago

The first game I ever bought. Someone did a high end job on this game and I bought it on a FIRE SALE. I think its a good game, right to the point, you complete 5 different shots to complete the clowns face and go to Clown time. It has a great mystery wheel, some good call outs, Etc. Multiball is very hard unless you can get all 3 balls in the large ramp. Yes look for bad ramps, they aren't avalible. If you are looking for a deep game this is not your game. Since I own alot of DEEP games i really enjoy my Hurricane because a great game is around 10 to 15 minutes. I wouldn't pay over $1500 unless quality is very high. Good Luck.

#4 3 years ago

I actually quite like Hurricane. However, that being said, I wouldn't spend anything near $3200 for one--even in mint condition.

As shacklersrevenge put it, Hurricane is probably among the least collectable/desirable 90s Williams/Bally pinball machine out there, and as a result, a nice one can be had for less than $2,000.

If I were you, I'd either try to talk the guy down a few thousand (unlikely, but not impossible), or move on and wait for another game at the right price.

#5 3 years ago

I sold one in very similar condition less than a year ago I think it brought $1675 not too many DMDs that are less expensive. The game gets a bad rap but it's got some cool features. The juggler, the ramps, the Ferris wheels The oranges and greens look great w LEDs. No comment on the craigslist asking price.

#6 3 years ago

I've got to agree with the comments above. It's a fun game and I enjoyed owning one for almost a year. At under 2k, it's certainly worth picking up and you'll have no problem selling it when you've had your fill. At 3k+, there are so many better games in that price range. While the ruleset is pretty simple, there's enough to do to keep the game fun for a while. The Hurricane ramp shot is a lot of fun, the Clown Time frenzy mode is pretty frantic and the multi-ball mode provides a good challenge. I found the carnival music a bit grating after a short while, but the animations and call outs are entertaining.

When I sold mine about a year ago, I had several calls on it in just a few days. It ended up selling for a little under $2000. Machines in good playing condition under 2k seem to move pretty fast in this area.

#7 3 years ago

I sold my very nice one about 1 year ago and I got 1200.00 for it. I loved the art work but the game was boring.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 11.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside