(Topic ID: 170387)

Hurricane Matthew - Who else is riding it out?

By mcluvin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 223 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by SteveO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

matthew-1-7-1-345x266 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1880 (resized).JPG
    CuMWhr6XYAIJMyW (resized).jpg
    back yard 5 oclock (resized).jpg
    resin room (resized).jpg
    well (resized).jpg
    laser lounge (resized).jpg
    pool 1 (resized).jpg
    backyard 350 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    at201614_5day (resized).png
    download (resized).jpg
    Small-Inflatable-Boat-with-CE-China (resized).jpg
    There are 223 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Unfortunately the Outer Banks, NC looks to be getting hit fairly hard. Why would someone leave a Corvette

New replacement value insurance policy that includes flood coverage?

Just sayin'...

#202 7 years ago

We just got power back a few hours ago.

#203 7 years ago

Hurricanes are insurance company's best friend. Rates will go through roof.

#204 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Unfortunately the Outer Banks, NC looks to be getting hit fairly hard. Why would someone leave a Corvette there like

Unfortunately the Outer Banks, NC looks to be getting hit fairly hard. Why would someone leave a Corvette there like that? :
    http://outerbanksvoice.com/2016/10/09/matthew-brushes-hatteras-79-mph-gust-clocked-at-duck/

Maybe someone who was sick of their car payments....lol

#205 7 years ago

Anyone else having lots of fun clearing tree debris? Had a few trees damaged and it's the perfect time to just cut them down since the waste pickup crews are much more forgiving right now. My little $69 Harbor Freight pole saw is kicking butt.

#206 7 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Rates will go through roof.

Too soon!

#207 7 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Hurricanes are insurance company's best friend. Rates will go through roof.

I'm sure there is some merit to that, but I spoke with our insurance company over our lost cold/frozen food. Our rate wont increase and we have no deductible on it either. They are cutting us a check to restock our fridges/freezers.

They actually made it very easy to do. I know I've paid for it in my policy, but I was expecting a fight or even some BS about hurricane deductible.

#208 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Anyone else having lots of fun clearing tree debris? Had a few trees damaged and it's the perfect time to just cut them down since the waste pickup crews are much more forgiving right now. My little $69 Harbor Freight pole saw is kicking butt.

Yeah, we did some extra cleanup and just threw it on the pile. They are still doing pickups so I've been thinking about cutting down two more small trees that I don't like.

#209 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Yeah, we did some extra cleanup and just threw it on the pile. They are still doing pickups so I've been thinking about cutting down two more small trees that I don't like.

I have yet to see my first pickup. Regardless, my pile is much smaller than some others. Hoping I can take down a couple big live oaks before it is all done. Got a 16" chain saw just for that....

#210 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I have yet to see my first pickup. Regardless, my pile is much smaller than some others. Hoping I can take down a couple big live oaks before it is all done. Got a 16" chain saw just for that....

And let the taxpayers pay to remove your trash. Classy guy

#211 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tweety:

And let the taxpayers pay to remove your trash. Classy guy

I've been paying a yard waste disposal fee every month for years whether I use it or not. The trees were going down regardless. They are just going to pick them up a little faster now.

Attacking me on this forum as a result of a political discussion on another forum. Classy on your part for sure.

#212 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I've been paying a yard waste disposal fee every month for years whether I use it or not. The trees were going down regardless. They are just going to pick them up a little faster now.
    Attacking me on this forum as a result of a political discussion on another forum. Classy on your part for sure.

Hardly an attack, just an observation

#213 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tweety:

Hardly an attack, just an observation

And an inaccurate observation. I see your buddy has joined in. I have my own stalkers now. This is what happens when you try to have dialogue with people who believe National Enquirer headlines. When you refute those headlines with facts, this is what they do.

#214 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

And an inaccurate observation. I see your buddy has joined in. I have my own stalkers now. This is what happens when you try to have dialogue with people who believe National Enquirer headlines. When you refute those headlines with facts, this is what they do.

Stop whining

#215 7 years ago

Oh you sad little men. I'll be ready and waiting back at The Village where we can continue the discussion if any of you are up to it. So far that has not been the case.

#216 7 years ago

Not on the Village! So we will have to deal with it here.

#217 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Not on the Village! So we will have to deal with it here.

Sure you aren't. Well better open an account because it is against the terms here. Let me bring it down to your level. I double-dog dare you.....

#218 7 years ago

I hope your chainsaw breaks. Don't saw down a live oak!

#219 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Sure you aren't. Well better open an account because it is against the terms here. Let me bring it down to your level. I double-dog dare you.....

Oh you are a scary guy lol. What a douche like i said quit whining tough guy.

#220 7 years ago

In other news, UM dropped their second consecutive game. This time to the North Carolina Tar Heels.

#221 7 years ago

mcluvin, while I don't agree with your decision to cut down the tree ... It's your right as long as there is no ordinance against it.
    As far as these other people stalking you ... not cool!

Best of luck to you during your clean up.

So; no pins have been harmed in the hurricane? whew

#222 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

mcluvin, while I don't agree with your decision to cut down the tree ... It's your right as long as there is no ordinance against it.

Guys, the trees are old and very close to the house. After riding through town and seeing some of these old trees on top of houses after what were maybe 60 to 70 mph winds tops, I'm being diligent. It very easily could have been worse. If people can't understand that, I really don't care, but there you have it...

#223 7 years ago

Fortunately, I had my trees trimmed in the spring so no trees came down during the storm, just more branches.

There are 223 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hurricane-matthew-who-else-is-riding-it-out/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.