Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Turbo74
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Having an issue with my Hurricane. When the ball goes into the juggler, the left solenoid doesn't fire but the right one(juggler exit) does? The ball then gets stuck and even when it attempts to locate the ball it still doesn't kick out. However, when I turn it off and back on it will then kick it out just fine. In solenoid test, the left juggler fires perfectly as well. Any ideas where to start? I'm completely stumped here. I will add that when I turn on the game it restores factory settings(battery issues I'm sure). If the ball gets stuck and i flip it off and on real fast it will restart and kick the ball out. If i flip it off and wait a second and on the "restore factory" flashes and it continues to just fire the right juggler solenoid. Not sure if that will help. Thanks to any who can guide me in a good direction!

#2 4 years ago

In switch test, when you trigger a switch, does the correct one fire ? Sounds like they may be mixed up.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In switch test, when you trigger a switch, does the correct one fire ? Sounds like they may be mixed up.
LTG : )

When I test switches, left juggle is open and when I push it says closed once I release it takes a second and goes back to open. When i test right juggle, it instantly goes closed as soon as i let off. However, if I set it on single switch left juggle I can also open or close that switch by pushing on the right juggler and vice versa. Is that supposed to do that?

#4 4 years ago

Bump

#5 4 years ago

I'm just going by what you wrote, but it sounds like you have a bad diode or disconnected diode somewhere. Look at the diodes on those two switches for one disconnected. Otherwise, test diode on each switch with a DMM to see, but sometimes it's a diode on another switch on the same row or column causing the issue.

If that isn't the issue, go into switch edge test and test the switch to see if it registers correctly with your finger. If so, then test with a ball. Sometimes the ball doesn't push down on the actuator far enough. In that case you have to adjust the actuator.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I'm just going by what you wrote, but it sounds like you have a bad diode or disconnected diode somewhere. Look at the diodes on those two switches for one disconnected. Otherwise, test diode on each switch with a DMM to see, but sometimes it's a diode on another switch on the same row or column causing the issue.
If that isn't the issue, go into switch edge test and test the switch to see if it registers correctly with your finger. If so, then test with a ball. Sometimes the ball doesn't push down on the actuator far enough. In that case you have to adjust the actuator.

If the diode was bad would the problem
Be intermittent? It started working again for a little bit only to fail again. I did the ball test with the switches and it went closed. The weird part is if it's in gameplay and i push on the hole I can hear the splash sound like it registered but it doesn't fire the solenoid?

#7 4 years ago

Update with a clue... I have now noticed that it will always work when the machine is just started for the day for about 15 minutes and then fails. If you shut the machine down for an hour it will also start working again for only a few minutes before it fails again so obviously something is getting warm and failing? Any thoughts?

#8 4 years ago

The diode on the coil. Not hard to clip off and solder new one on. Banded or grey side towards power positive lead. Marcos has them for like 20 cents each. Buy a bag of yen or more, they come in handy in long run. But I have a bunch of machine's. Just had to replace switch diode on who dunnit and fire. 1n4004 diode are good. I believe it has 1n1004 on it. That's 1 volt and 4 volt.
Bump for others to check my comments and opinions. Let's get this guy's game working gang.

#9 4 years ago

Thanks for the help, we replaced the switch and diode though that didn't solve the problem either. The fact that it's happening when warm and not cold leads me to believe it's on the main board somewhere. Guess I'll just have to send the boards off for a look, sucks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 350.00
Boards
Pinball Basement
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside