1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CoOlSlY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20181221_100129 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181221_100053 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I have an Hurricane pinball, when the ball goes in the juggler (the left one since the right one is when the left juggler throws it to the right), it stays there and it doesn't trigger anything like if the ball has never been there. Steps i've done:
    - Tested both left and right juggler via MENU-TESTS-SOLENOID TEST 04 and 05 menu, both juggler "fires" everytime the test is run
    - Went into the other MENU-TESTS-SINGLE SWITCH and when I arrive at the "through 1", I have (A) like (active) in the box and the circuit is closed. If I go the next one "through 2" it's also (A) and closed.

Sometimes it goes bezerk and go "open / close / open / close". We are not sure where to go from there. Tried to touch and separate the three blades on the juggler with absolutly no change. If we move though the "through 2" switch from under the board (it's a microswitch), instead of (A) close, it becomes (A) open but the "through 1" don't do a thing, alway shows (A) closed. Pushing the right flipper will put the "through 1" to "open" for a reason I don't know!

Sorry for the english, not my native language

Any help is welcomed

#2 1 year ago

The game has three balls installed?

Close the coin door.

Turn the game off...then back on.

Open the coin door.

Does it CLANG! CLANG! CLANG! and ask you to PRESS ENTER?

#3 1 year ago

When you are in switch test, and you put a ball in the juggler, does it register?

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

The game has three balls installed?
    Close the coin door.
    Turn the game off...then back on.
    Open the coin door.
    Does it CLANG! CLANG! CLANG! and ask you to PRESS ENTER?

Let's start over since I found out I was not really good with my first post in explaining properly and by having misinterpreted the tests I've made... ...

I just understand that when in diag mode the through1 through2 through3 are the balls circuit so when the balls were there it was showing of course through1 (a) closed. when the cover was up the through1 contact was on/off because of the angle. And it was showing closed so I was not seeing the juggler problem... When I remove the three bals, I don't have this 3 through active...

So back to the juggler, when I send a ball in it, it does nothing like if the sensor was not detecting the ball. When doing the clang clang clang, the juggler solenoid works and ejects the ball. I played with the circuit underneath and I see in test mode "left juggler" now is it just the 3 metal plates to readjust or its not fixable other than replacing the whole thing or it may be something else???

When 3 balls in. Close coin door, off, on, open coin door, no clang clang clang, I don't know if I have two problems or if they are all related to the juggler.

Sad it happens when Christmas party's are happening lol

#5 1 year ago

Well, tried again touching the three plates underneath, I no longer have the "left juggler" in test mode so it's intermittent so might be something else than the metal plates.

#6 1 year ago

Maybe take some pictures and show us what you are talking about.

#7 1 year ago

Is there a way to test the left juggler directly at the connector level that goes into the board? To see if I can have the test mode register the "left juggler". Had to fix a button not registering by soldering a bypass from a chip to a transistor so wondering if that could be that again but for the juggler. It's been a while and don't remember how to test from the connector itself. That would narrow if it's on the board itselfs? I'm not too sure which two pins I should "short". I see the matrix shows something like J209-7 and J207-5 for the left juggler.

I will post pics in a minute.

#8 1 year ago

The first is the left juggler, I just unscrewed the metal contacts and when touching them, it's all or nothing. It works everytime or it never works so I'm afraid it's either a connector or on the board (that's why I would like to short 2 pins at the connector level on the board to see if it registers in the test menu. Second image is where I test the buttons/metal part.

Thank's

IMG_20181221_100053 (resized).jpgIMG_20181221_100129 (resized).jpg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 18.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 14.95
    $ 199.99
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 89.99
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 12.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 12.00
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside