Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Grayman_EM
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F0A41B94-95EE-4D5D-B049-8D1F3D55D9F9 (resized).png
    421EE01B-F9AE-44AF-8FB6-9DE1177C3073.gif
    D6977AD8-AE35-4E84-B305-240B2751E3A9.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1CF712E4-1AFF-42F4-8689-831BC18229FF (resized).jpeg
    ian1 (resized).PNG
    IMG_20220928_135635536 (resized).jpg
    48327 (resized).jpeg
    20222711326_GOES16-ABI-CONUS-GEOCOLOR-2500x1500 (resized).jpg
    779B0BFD-413B-493C-A5A2-C60505670A9A.gif
    IMG_20170911_104121 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170911_025713 (resized).jpg
    9-1-hermine-path-4-amjpg-23efeabedf2070a0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 1 year ago

Cat 3 is gonna be ripping off some roofs. They keep moving it east.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from dnapac:

East is better…dirty side is def more storm surge. Let’s
    Hope for more east.

It’s not better for me. I’m surprised I actually have a chance of hurricane force winds.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from dnapac:

It’s very weird/sad..if I wish for less here..someone else gets hit…

I'll be OK. Better that it's less worse for you. I'm not on the coast. This one is kinda slow moving too. We're used to them moving along quickly in Florida. Sounds like your daughter is being smart about it. Definitely don't get any ideas to ride it out if you are coastal and at a potential point of landfall.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

The Cat 3 part is now forecast to end while it's still over the Gulf, back to a 1 or 2 where it comes ashore.

Let's hope it stays that way.

#22 1 year ago

For you newbies, if you have any branches, even small ones, that the wind can blow against your roof, trim them. A few hours beating against your asphalt shingles will damage them.

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Yep, after things clear up I’m able to start the generator that runs the well.

We're gonna have a solid 48 hours of TS conditions. I won't be starting mine up right away. I will be shocked if I don't lose power.

Does anyone know if AT&T Fiber is dependent on the local grid? I thought I read somewhere that it isn't. I've got one of the newer routers with fiber plugged directly into it. Obviously I have to power it.

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Sup guys, I'm outside on my back lenai, to the right of the eye currently in fort Myers I'm a few miles off the coast. My trampoline with cinder blocks is still firmly on the ground, my epic treehouse I built, for now, still in the tree. lots of little trees down, all pins unplugged, got a bunch of beer but not getting totally drunk because I am for sure afraid of the storm surge. Storm panels up, chickens out of their coop and in my hurricane Andrew shed.

Stay safe! Drove down from GA today and passed lots of bucket trucks and generators heading south on I-75. I've got my Satchel's pizza and lots of beer as well as power and internet. Let's see which runs out first.

#75 1 year ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

People have days of warning, yet they leave their cars to get ruined. Happens every time and never ceases to amaze me.

They do it on purpose...

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

That thought crossed my mind. Even with insurance though, seems like you'd lose out somewhat on getting a replacement.

Not if they have gap coverage. Also, if it's a poorly cared for lease with way more miles driven than paid for?

As for this hurricane, it has been raining damn near every day for the last 3 months up until recently. Some areas are gonna get real f'd up just from the extra 15 to 20 inches of rain forecast. I expect St. Augustine to get flooded bigtime.

Look at the high probability of hurricane force winds so deep into Central Florida. That's just not what we usually see.

ian1 (resized).PNGian1 (resized).PNG

#79 1 year ago

We got home about an hour ago and the wind is really starting to pickup now. Still not raining too hard though. I just don't need any wind driven rain f'ing with my roof.

#81 1 year ago

Power outages all around me and it is howling outside. Crossing my fingers I don’t lose power. OTA has been rock solid. Does grounding the mast make a diff? No shit it isn’t breaking up at all.

#82 1 year ago

I’ve had the lights flicker a few times now. There is a tree too close to a line. When the wind gets stronger I’m gonna lose power.

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

It already made its way to Hawaii ? Good Luck McLuvin !
    [quoted image]

I wish…

#87 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

My wife said a family friend lost their place on Sanibel. I don't know the details.
    Hope everyone was able to ride this out.

Tony Manolfi’s friend lost their condo on Sanibel. I had 3 brief power outages and am now back up.

#95 1 year ago

Lost power at 5:30 am. Still too wet to get the gen going. Some trees and power lines down near me. Also some flooding down the street.

#97 1 year ago

The rain won’t stop so went ahead and got the gen going. So far so good. Wonderful not having extension cords strung all over the place and I can run everything short of the heat pump.

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

What kind of generator do you have?

Wen GN875I. I’ve got a soft start on my heat pump. It may actually run it. But I’m not gonna push it right now.

#102 1 year ago

I had a Duromax XP12000 and it would defin8tely run the heat pump but the power was dirty. Big screen TVs don’t like it. My 65” OLED is running just fine with the Wen.

#123 1 year ago

The flooding is pretty crazy. Port Orange was bad and I believe New Smyrna is worse. Drove by a trailer park where it was up to the bottoms of the trailers.

#128 1 year ago

Got my power back this morning! That is the quickest I've ever been back up after a hurricane. Thank you linemen!

#129 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Wen GN875I. I’ve got a soft start on my heat pump. It may actually run it. But I’m not gonna push it right now.

The one thing I didn’t like about my gen was the 4 gallon gas tank. It seemed small for the rated output. But I’ve been averaging 9 to 10 hours per tank. That’s running a fridge, freezer, big tv, and routers nearly constantly with water heater, washer, dryer, microwave as needed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hurricane-ianor-soon-to-be?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.