Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Grayman_EM
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F0A41B94-95EE-4D5D-B049-8D1F3D55D9F9 (resized).png
    421EE01B-F9AE-44AF-8FB6-9DE1177C3073.gif
    D6977AD8-AE35-4E84-B305-240B2751E3A9.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1CF712E4-1AFF-42F4-8689-831BC18229FF (resized).jpeg
    ian1 (resized).PNG
    IMG_20220928_135635536 (resized).jpg
    48327 (resized).jpeg
    20222711326_GOES16-ABI-CONUS-GEOCOLOR-2500x1500 (resized).jpg
    779B0BFD-413B-493C-A5A2-C60505670A9A.gif
    IMG_20170911_104121 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170911_025713 (resized).jpg
    9-1-hermine-path-4-amjpg-23efeabedf2070a0 (resized).jpg

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 1 year ago

Hope everyone is doing well down in Florida. Having said this, please stop with the sunshine posts when we get 3 foot of snow up here...

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The Last one ripped half the house off[quoted image][quoted image]

That your house? Wow!

I've got a condo that is built like a tank - so would be awesome to be there. Loss of power is no big deal for us in the winter climates, happens almost every hear for a few days.

#53 1 year ago

EarthCam Live - Naples, FL - Hurricane Cam / Englewood FL (Changes)

Now showing as of 4:48 EST: Rubicon Canal & Raven Canal, Cape Coral

#54 1 year ago

Stay safe everyone.
    LTG : )

#55 1 year ago

Holy smokes, this thing blew up to 1 mph shy of a Cat 5??? (I use the old Saffir-Simpson Scale..never understood why they bumped a Cat 5 to 157mph)

Man, everyone down there please be safe. Last thing we all wanted to see was it getting to that big of a monster.

#56 1 year ago

Blew up is right. I'm told the Pinball Asylum in Ft. Myers survived Irma, let's hope it handles Ian, too.

That weatherunderground link now shows some stations in nearby Cape Coral with 79 mph gusts. The eye is just offshore.

Rain forecasts for 1 foot for a large area - everyone please stay safe from flooding, too!

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from Enchantress:

Experiencing light rain and mildly windy conditions currently. This is a result of being 1 1/2 hrs north of the “EYE”, which is just making contact with land down in Sarasota. I’m only 10 minutes from the water so storm surge is one of our main concerns. Fingers crossed and the next 24 will be interesting. More prepared than any previous storm. Unfortunately portable AC unit won’t be here till 10/4.

please keep us updated on your safety and sending the best of luck to you

#58 1 year ago

Hi from Tampa! This one is going to be a doozy. My favorite tracking site is: www.windy.com I think it relies upon the European Model more than others, and it's been spot on so far. You can slide the bottom bar along to see where the storm will be in hours or days future. It's gonna be a long night here. I just hope the power will last long enough to play some good pinball during the worst of it.

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from taz:

Hi from Tampa! This one is going to be a doozy. My favorite tracking site is: www.windy.com I think it relies upon the European Model more than others, and it's been spot on so far. You can slide the bottom bar along to see where the storm will be in hours or days future. It's gonna be a long night here. I just hope the power will last long enough to play some good pinball during the worst of it.

How much longer until you have no power do you estimate? Keep us posted

#60 1 year ago

I can’t believe what I am seeing...And he just landed.

#61 1 year ago

I'm also in Tampa. Today is initiation day for us FL newbies.

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from elsereturn:

I'm also in Tampa. Today is initiation day for us FL newbies.

How is the situation where you are? Hope you are safe

#63 1 year ago

Sup guys, I'm outside on my back lenai, to the right of the eye currently in fort Myers I'm a few miles off the coast. My trampoline with cinder blocks is still firmly on the ground, my epic treehouse I built, for now, still in the tree. lots of little trees down, all pins unplugged, got a bunch of beer but not getting totally drunk because I am for sure afraid of the storm surge. Storm panels up, chickens out of their coop and in my hurricane Andrew shed.

48327 (resized).jpeg48327 (resized).jpeg
    #64 1 year ago

God dammit, needs a refelt anyway. No it's not gas Rain is sideways like in Forrest Gump. I'm going in. Wind is getting Ludacris anyway, I feel horrible for the port Charlotte peeps. Stay frosty.

IMG_20220928_135635536 (resized).jpgIMG_20220928_135635536 (resized).jpg
    #65 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I can’t believe what I am seeing...And he just landed.

What are you seeing?

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:What are you seeing?

Major flooding already

#67 1 year ago

Last post, but got power back for hopefully a bit but it's oddly in and out, only willing to fire up an EM, good luck to all affected!

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Major flooding already

Car on fort Myers beach almost completely submerged

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Car on fort Myers beach almost completely submerged

People have days of warning, yet they leave their cars to get ruined. Happens every time and never ceases to amaze me.

#69 1 year ago

Pinball Asylum in Ft. Meyers gonna have to ride this out.

Most of the games are on the second floor so as long as the roof holds you'd think they'll be ok.

Pinball champ Eric "The Weatherman" Stone continuing to give periodic updates via WFLA News 8

https://www.wfla.com/weather/tracking-the-tropics/watch-live-hurricane-ian-coverage/

#70 1 year ago

The Eye is moving ashore now, Still a Catagory 4... stay safe everyone.

#71 1 year ago

Stone just mentioned pinball asylum and how he has some games there lol

#72 1 year ago

HFK is riding out the storm at my place, streets flooded, but a few miles, makes a huge difference, 36 hours of wild wind and weather, check out Tampa Bay being "Sucked dry"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1575103067946565633

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:Last post, but got power back for hopefully a bit but it's oddly in and out, only willing to fire up an EM, good luck to all affected!

Stay safe man!!

#74 1 year ago

Sup guys, I'm outside on my back lenai, to the right of the eye currently in fort Myers I'm a few miles off the coast. My trampoline with cinder blocks is still firmly on the ground, my epic treehouse I built, for now, still in the tree. lots of little trees down, all pins unplugged, got a bunch of beer but not getting totally drunk because I am for sure afraid of the storm surge. Storm panels up, chickens out of their coop and in my hurricane Andrew shed.

Stay safe! Drove down from GA today and passed lots of bucket trucks and generators heading south on I-75. I've got my Satchel's pizza and lots of beer as well as power and internet. Let's see which runs out first.

#75 1 year ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

People have days of warning, yet they leave their cars to get ruined. Happens every time and never ceases to amaze me.

They do it on purpose...

#76 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

They do it on purpose...

That thought crossed my mind. Even with insurance though, seems like you'd lose out somewhat on getting a replacement.

#77 1 year ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

That thought crossed my mind. Even with insurance though, seems like you'd lose out somewhat on getting a replacement.

Jeez... I must be a real strait arrow square... Ive never thought of that... let your car flood, and let insurance get you a new one....

Sometimes I hate People...

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

Not if they have gap coverage. Also, if it's a poorly cared for lease with way more miles driven than paid for?

As for this hurricane, it has been raining damn near every day for the last 3 months up until recently. Some areas are gonna get real f'd up just from the extra 15 to 20 inches of rain forecast. I expect St. Augustine to get flooded bigtime.

Look at the high probability of hurricane force winds so deep into Central Florida. That's just not what we usually see.

ian1 (resized).PNGian1 (resized).PNG

#79 1 year ago

We got home about an hour ago and the wind is really starting to pickup now. Still not raining too hard though. I just don't need any wind driven rain f'ing with my roof.

#80 1 year ago

The storm seems to have left the Tampa and nearby beach area with little damage. As long as the forecast over the next 24 hours hold…big sigh! That said, I feel horrible for those that have been crushed by this hurricane. Not sure if I’ll ever get used to this. One day all looks good, and the next it’s all gone…or at least a huge mess. Good luck to all those still being affected by this monster.

#81 1 year ago

Power outages all around me and it is howling outside. Crossing my fingers I don’t lose power. OTA has been rock solid. Does grounding the mast make a diff? No shit it isn’t breaking up at all.

#82 1 year ago

I’ve had the lights flicker a few times now. There is a tree too close to a line. When the wind gets stronger I’m gonna lose power.

#83 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Power outages all around me and it is howling outside. Crossing my fingers I don’t lose power. OTA has been rock solid. Does grounding the mast make a diff? No shit it isn’t breaking up at all.

It already made its way to Hawaii ? Good Luck McLuvin !

1CF712E4-1AFF-42F4-8689-831BC18229FF (resized).jpeg1CF712E4-1AFF-42F4-8689-831BC18229FF (resized).jpeg

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

It already made its way to Hawaii ? Good Luck McLuvin !
    [quoted image]

I wish…

#85 1 year ago

Weather is beautiful. We are faced with 3 options in these areas, build strong, rebuild, or don't build. I think build strong is our best option. Maybe we have to rethink some things in these areas, like power lines for one.

#86 1 year ago

My wife said a family friend lost their place on Sanibel. I don't know the details.

Hope everyone was able to ride this out.

#87 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

My wife said a family friend lost their place on Sanibel. I don't know the details.
    Hope everyone was able to ride this out.

Tony Manolfi’s friend lost their condo on Sanibel. I had 3 brief power outages and am now back up.

#88 1 year ago

Sup guys, I'm outside on my back lenai, to the right of the eye currently in fort Myers I'm a few miles off the coast. My trampoline with cinder blocks is still firmly on the ground, my epic treehouse I built, for now, still in the tree. lots of little trees down, all pins unplugged, got a bunch of beer but not getting totally drunk because I am for sure afraid of the storm surge. Storm panels up, chickens out of their coop and in my hurricane Andrew shed.[quoted image]

Glad your people, DBZ and the rest of your pins are safe Matt!

#89 1 year ago

So far, so good here. Lots of limbs down and one Oak tree on a neighbor's house, but so far, we've fared better than I feared. Not as much rain as I expected thus far and by some miracle, we still have power, despite outages all around us. That said, it's going to get a little closer to those of us in Tampa's Eastern Burbs over the next few hours.

#90 1 year ago

Some pretty big rain numbers in Punta Gorda (Not sure I believe the 42.08" reading).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #91 1 year ago

My cousins live in the area. The causeway to Sanibel collapsed and the entire island was submerged.

#92 1 year ago

I heard 1 report that the lighthouse on Sanibel fell. The people stuck on Sanibel/Captiva…I can’t imagine. They will have to wait for boats/helicopters to get them off…and no supplies. This is total destruction…so sad.

#94 1 year ago

My buddy in Orlando says there are trees and branches down all over, but he only lost power for 20 seconds. Only got about 8 inches of rain, that could have been much worse. Said the worst part so far has been the stress of the last week. I've been there! I guess it's good that my last flood was not at all predicted. Of course the surprise storm is not good for moving pinball machines.

#95 1 year ago

Lost power at 5:30 am. Still too wet to get the gen going. Some trees and power lines down near me. Also some flooding down the street.

#96 1 year ago

Hopefully everyone down there stays safe. Was in Disney Tuesday and did the cannonball run back to Maryland overnight and Wednesday. Almost no traffic anywhere and open hotels... starting in the Carolinas. Full writeup below and seperate.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hurricane-ianor-soon-to-be/page/2#post-7163977

#97 1 year ago

The rain won’t stop so went ahead and got the gen going. So far so good. Wonderful not having extension cords strung all over the place and I can run everything short of the heat pump.

#98 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

The rain won’t stop so went ahead and got the gen going. So far so good. Wonderful not having extension cords strung all over the place and I can run everything short of the heat pump.

What kind of generator do you have?

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

What kind of generator do you have?

Wen GN875I. I’ve got a soft start on my heat pump. It may actually run it. But I’m not gonna push it right now.

#100 1 year ago

The 3 Delta EcoFlows matched with the two 2200 watt inverter generators have worked flawlessly. Very quiet, which was the goal. Also, haven’t even used 5 gallons of gas. Cranked up the 240v generator so I could take a shower, turned if off immediately after.

Might upgrade to the newer model ecoflow, which will give me the 240v necessary to power the well. I’ll have to research if it can start a 3hp well.

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hurricane-ianor-soon-to-be/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.