Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by wxguy22
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have a Hurricane that I have finally almost got up and running. My last issue is the ferris wheel. The belt is clearly stretched and brittle. It does spin now but it is not strong enough to move the ball when loaded. I have a replacement belt but I am really not sure how to change the belt.

Anyone have any experience with this? Do I have to take all the ramps and plastics off?

Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#2 9 years ago

Unfortunately, it's quite a chore to replace that belt on a Hurricane. You must remove the assembly from the playfield which only comes out through the top side. You do need to remove all the ramps and some plastics in the left rear to get it out. If the game hasn't had a full tear-down, detailing and rubber kit in quite a while, I would suggest doing it at this time since you need to take apart much of the playfield anyway.

#3 9 years ago

The last one I replaced I didn't have to take the assy out but did have to take of all the plastics and such from the left hand side, quite a chore.

#4 9 years ago

I am ordering all new rubbers now. The game needs a full shop job so Now is the time I would say.
Thanks for the info.

#5 9 years ago

You can try this first. Go down to your local auto store and get "belt conditioner" spray. clean your belt with alcohol on a q-tip. than spray the belt conditioning spray into a cup, disposable if you got it. Then using a q-tip again wipe your belt down with the spray. Make sure to get the whole belt. let dry completely before turning on.

Hurricane was my first game and that was my first issue. I did that and it never gave me a problem for the year and a half I owned it again.

2 years later
#6 6 years ago

Another temporary solution if you are waiting for a new belt...remove the top set screw entirely and just utilize the bottom screw to obtain more tension on the belt.

4 years later
#7 2 years ago
Quoted from PiNDoCToR:

Unfortunately, it's quite a chore to replace that belt on a Hurricane. You must remove the assembly from the playfield which only comes out through the top side. You do need to remove all the ramps and some plastics in the left rear to get it out. If the game hasn't had a full tear-down, detailing and rubber kit in quite a while, I would suggest doing it at this time since you need to take apart much of the playfield anyway.

PiNDoCToR Are there any instructions out there on what to remove to get to the Ferris wheel assembly? I need to replace my Ferris wheel motor, and I’m trying to figure out how much I will need to remove to access both screws of the motor. Thanks for any help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 40.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Boards
PinSound

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hurricane-ferris-wheel-belt-help-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.