Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by themadman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

My Hurricane's drop targets are not reseting and registering at they are dropped in game play. However they reset at the end of the ball. Anything know to plague this system. What should I be looking for, dirty sensor?

Just wanted to try and get some ideas before I tackled this issue..

Thanks,

Paul

#2 9 years ago

I haven't owned 'Cane in a long time. I think those drops are slot opto interrupters. A plastic blade on the drop target lowers into an opto channel blocking the beam and triggering the software.

So if you game up, and drop the targets by hand, they should make noise, score points and spot a light.

Lift the field and reseat the connectors at the bottom of the target assembly. If that doesn't help, you will need to do some switch tests to see if the problem is only the target bank or bigger.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

My Hurricane's drop targets are not reseting and registering at they are dropped in game play. However they reset at the end of the ball. Anything know to plague this system. What should I be looking for, dirty sensor?
Just wanted to try and get some ideas before I tackled this issue..
Thanks,
Paul

Use the machine switch test and see if the switch registers, if active, even when up, clean the opto, reset the connectors, etc.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Boards
PinSound
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hurricane-drop-target-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.