9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dorian (resized).jpg
    671b83a (resized).jpg
    3B69E295-41ED-4CCC-853A-C77C9A0D4206 (resized).png
    093608_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind (resized).png
    C7BFDE63-09EE-4CE8-BBA8-5CF48F5925C1 (resized).jpeg
    0911170703g_resized (resized).jpg
    dorian (resized).jpg
    EE617CC8-A880-4669-BD01-25B4A5BB808F (resized).jpeg
    D830141A-19D7-4ED7-A44E-21B3A1E5CBEF (resized).jpeg
    F1708618-442B-472F-A22B-864B13D941EF (resized).jpeg
    37ea41bf6ca46617561ccc4c3e2b9945 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 months ago

I've got lots of beer, a generator, lots of gas, and lots of Chunky soup. What do you folks do to prep for a hurricane?

I'm a little worried about my roof. It's 20+ years old. I have a very good chance of seeing TS force winds and marginal chance of seeing hurricane-force winds. I think I'm Ok if I don't see the hurricane-force stuff.

#3 9 months ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Agreed on most, old roof and all. I have Progresso soup is the only difference. But since I live in Connecticut I'm just doing it out of solidarity. Good luck Mate.

Thanks! I have some Progresso too, as their Tomato soup is the best in a can. Toss in some Feta, it's fantastic.

#7 9 months ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

Im in Illinois, and im not liking Dorian to much right now. Have had a cruise booked for about 7 months, suppose to fly to Orlando Sunday, and cruise Monday. The worst part is, with it moving slow, everything is up in limbo. So two days out and we dont know if its cancelled, and of course, didn't purchase travel insurance.</blockquote

I'm sorry. That sucks. Unless you are cruising to Bermuda, I'd probably just figure it is canceled.

#15 9 months ago

Well, it isn't all bad. Just sold my old generator for a very good price.

#21 9 months ago
    Quoted from dnapac:

My wife and I moved our daughter from Iowa to Tampa 2 weeks ago. I’m not used to dealing with such huge storms...a tornado is nasty, but you can get out of its way usually. The storm has move more to the east coast (I pray all there are ok after this) but it still freaks me out. She seems ready, and is staying, but I don’t do “helpless” well.

Hurricanes can spawn tornadoes, but you have many days notice a hurricane is coming. I've woke up to the sound of a freight train (a tornado), and that's all the notice I got.

If your daughter is at a University, they generally do a good job keeping the kids safe.

#23 9 months ago

Most of the spaghetti models have it skirting off the coast now. I hope that trend continues.

#26 9 months ago

Drove up a bit of A1A today. I'm amazed at how many folks are not boarding up.

#30 9 months ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Drove to McDonalds for my Sunday breakfast. Visited Lowe’s afterward. Surprised they had lots of generators (not selling) and water (not selling). On my way home, drove by several gas stations with no lines. It’s almost like, it’s over.

Generators are selling here. Lowes and HD were both out Friday. Gas was better today, but over the last couple days, most of my gas stations have been out.

I listed my Gen on CL Friday and had a buyer within an hour with another offering me $50 more if I could bring it to them.

If I lived on or near the coast, I'd be boarding up and getting the f out.

#32 9 months ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I think it’s gonna be another hurricane Mathew here. Wild weather but not serious.

Yeah, if it was a fast-moving CAT5 slamming head-on into us, that would be a problem for me. A slow-moving CAT5 is bad for the coast, but shouldn't be too terrible inland, 20+-year-old roof notwithstanding.

#35 9 months ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Still 6 mths of food and 3 cases of mead makes me feel better.

Damn! I just stock a couple of weeks worth of Chunky soup and lots of Costco Tuna. How does that stuff taste?

#42 9 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I could live off my gut for at least a week, and I suspect I’m not alone in this.

I kinda look forward to clearing hurricane debris because I lose a lot of weight.

#49 9 months ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

I am a couple miles from Jacksonville, a couple of miles from the coast on a river. It is 2 days away, and my river is a foot higher then normal.

We're having King Tides now as well. I went to the beach this morning ~3 hours before high tide and the water was already reaching the dunes.

#53 9 months ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

The beast is moving slow... the worst kind.

Bad for the Bahamas, but good for us as long as it stays offshore.

#69 9 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why can't we just nuke this thing?

From the standpoint of radiation it would be very radioactive.

#74 9 months ago

No more bands. Getting solid wind and rain now. It shouldn't be too bad. I just now if the wrong tree hits the wrong power line, I'm on the generator for a week.

#81 9 months ago

So far so good for me. Had a couple of power blips when it started, but this has been better than the last couple that rolled through. Good luck to the folks still in the path.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 50.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 64.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Lermods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 400.00
    Playfields
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside