(Topic ID: 122754)

Hurricane, Cyclone, Comet... which one is more fun?

By AlexSMendes

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cyclone-roller-coaster-reuters-300315.JPG
cyclone-roller-coaster-stuck.jpg
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

I used to own a Hurricane and now I'm loving playing Cyclone on Pinball Arcade... so it just made me wonder.... which machine of these trio was more successful?

#2 9 years ago

Cyclone! Hey you with the face!

#3 9 years ago

My vote is for cyclone

#4 9 years ago

Cyclone for me.

#5 9 years ago

Cyclone

#6 9 years ago

Cyclone. But hurricane is close. Not sure why people diss it so much it's similar to cyclone but with a little more to do. Repeating the center ramp 50 times in a row is great. Clown time is fun. The jackpot is cool. Multiball and the center ramp can be big points.

All in all it's a solid effort.

Comet I really could never get into that much.

#8 9 years ago

I like Comet best myself.

#9 9 years ago

Looks like I started a re-run...... LOL..... Maybe a should make a thread with T2 vs. T3.....

#10 9 years ago

Comet is the best of the three.

#11 9 years ago

Cyclone all day.

"Ya paid yer money, ya take yer chances!"

#12 9 years ago

I like Comet the best.

#13 9 years ago

They thought if one ferris wheel was good then two would be great. Wrong! "Cyclone" gets my vote.

#14 9 years ago

Hurricane is the best of the three. Cyclone is an awesome game but the art, DMD, and multi-ball put Hurricane ahead of the other two. It gets a bit of a bad rap but I think it's partially because it's a DMD era pin that plays like a System 11 machine.

#15 9 years ago

Interesting question as the games are all from slightly different technology eras.

For me, the order is Cyclone, Hurricane then Comet. I had a Hurricane many years ago and traded it off. I just picked Cyclone a few weeks back and actually enjoy it more than I did Hurricane.

I played Cyclone a ton in high school so I suppose it has the nostalgia factor going for it. Hurricane was the one game in my line up that was always a quick play that never required too much "thinking" to enjoy. Cyclone is very similar in that regard (no multiball, no modes per se) but I think the Williams team did their best work with the theme on Cyclone overall. I'd take add Hurricane back in to my line up in a heartbeat -- if I had space.

#16 9 years ago

I enjoy Comet the most, Cyclone in the middle, and Hurricane in last.

#17 9 years ago

I played a Hurricane at a sports bar in Maryland back in February. I enjoyed playing a few games on it, like most pins in the wild, but doubt I would never own one. It's a little slow for my taste.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

My vote is for cyclone

Cyclone. Hurricane is awful for a modern DMD game and Comet wasn't nearly as fun as I remembered after I bought one. Sold it quickly.

#19 9 years ago

Owned a COMET....gone. Would like to own a CYCLONE someday.

#20 9 years ago

My vote goes to Cyclone. For my taste, by a mile.

#21 9 years ago

CYCLONE!

#22 9 years ago

I have always enjoyed playing Cyclone. Really haven't tried the others.

#23 9 years ago

Cyclone by a mile then hurricane. Comet is just awful, a real dog, not fun at all.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Cyclone by a mile then hurricane. Comet is just awful, a real dog, not fun at all.

You must of played a real beater than...it's actually a great game if the COMET ramp is in great shape....flippers are strong....and everything functions as it should. The game can really get moving on a clean, waxed PF too. Hitting the million point shot is really cool as the machine goes haywire with the lights and sounds.

#25 9 years ago

Like I said before, I owned a Hurricane and now I'm playing Cyclone on Pinball Arcade. Being from Brazil I don't get a chance to enjoy a big variety of machines.... I understand that Comet (by the time-frame) is a much more limited game, unlike Cyclone or Hurricane.... My thoughts are that Cyclone is way much better.... more fun, more missions, more ramps..... there's much more to to and go, and the game flows, unlike that double-ferris wheel of Hurricane (so much waiting time to play again).... Hurry, hurry, hurry!!!!

#26 9 years ago

Here is some shots of everyone stuck on the Cyclone yesterday.

Hey you? Wit the terrified face.

cyclone-roller-coaster-stuck.jpgcyclone-roller-coaster-stuck.jpg
cyclone-roller-coaster-reuters-300315.JPGcyclone-roller-coaster-reuters-300315.JPG

#29 9 years ago

CYCLONE (yelling intended)

#30 9 years ago

Hands up....Cyclone! "Ride the Ferris Wheel"!!!!

#31 9 years ago

Cyclone....

#33 9 years ago

If I had the space I'd line up all three, what a cool set that would be.

#34 9 years ago

Cyclone. The other two, I don't like.

#35 9 years ago

I've owned both Comet and Cyclone. I still have Cyclone.

#36 9 years ago

Cyclone whats not to like?

#37 9 years ago

I've owned both Cyclone and Hurricane not yet had chance to play comet. Cyclone is one of my favorites of all time.

#38 9 years ago

Hurricane! "Come on Ugly!"

#39 9 years ago

Cyclone is the best non multi ball game I've played.

#41 9 years ago

I currently own Hurricane. I have had all 3. My vote is for Cyclone!

#42 9 years ago

Cyclone! Cyclone! Cyclone!

I think my guess would go to Cyclone.

#43 9 years ago

Hurricane

#44 9 years ago

Cyclone! Hurricane then Comet...

#45 9 years ago

Comet is getting a bad rap here...

If you change the default settings to hard, then Comet becomes more challenging and fun. The default settings are too easy and can get boring. On the hard settings, everything is unlit to start, lit extra ball does not carry over from one ball to the next. Getting the million point shot is pretty rare, because you have to light the skee ball ramp first before getting 5x bonus. Love the all the sounds. That million point shot is one of the most rewarding shots around, the machine goes crazy!

I have both Cyclone and Comet, and love them both. I haven't played Hurricane too much.

#46 9 years ago

Cyclone-->Comet-->Hurricane

But I gotta admit the nostalgia factor of Comet is growing on me.

#47 9 years ago

Though I prefer Cyclone, I still think Comet is fun, and making the million-point shot is a thrill.

I do have a sentimental attachment to Comet. That coaster, located at Riverview right by Williams headquarters, was the first one I ever rode as a kid.

#48 9 years ago

Please include a poll. It's a lot easier than reading through every post.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Please include a poll. It's a lot easier than reading through every post.

I think the fun of it is not picking up a winner or a loser, but to gather everyone's opinions, for better or for worse at each one of those games!

#50 9 years ago

Comet, Cyclone, Hurricane. Love the Comet. Like the Cyclone. Hate the Hurricane.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hurricane-cyclone-comet-which-one-is-more-fun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.