(Topic ID: 200536)

Hurricane Club (Comet and Cyclone owners are also welcome)

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 364 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 55 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

p2 (resized).jpg
p1 (resized).jpg
hurr3 (resized).jpg
hurr2 (resized).jpg
hurr1 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_2151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2150 (resized).jpeg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
Hurricane topper 5 inch tall (resized).jpg
20230423_233622 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230121_085936.jpg
D985E622-32A8-4065-B3DA-49F9E3BBACA0 (resized).jpeg
DB5444E8-B044-470D-ABC2-512CF3791857 (resized).jpeg
20221203_124508 (resized).jpg
20221112_161332 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Biglouie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#131 3 years ago

In the club! Found one in a barn a few weeks back and brought it back from the dead!

I love this game. Non of your deep rule set malarky, straight up, super sharp sharp shooter!

Had a good read through this thread, your machines all look great. I've used them as inspiration, thanks to jaytrem for sending me pics when I needed them!

I took the machine back to the playfield, re-conditioned drop targets, flippers, bumps, Ferris Wheel and Juggler.

If you're interested in a nosey around all that, it's https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/williams-hurricane.47699/

I've gone with frosted colour matched GI and I'm not sure it's the right decision. It's a little dark on the field

Love the game so much. Really pleased with it.

I'll post a few pictures soon...

Now where do I find the other two..... (•‿•)

#133 3 years ago

My cab sides, like many others, are pretty badly faded.

I don't want to lose the original paintwork, has anyone found an stencils or the like, for putting paint back on to the artwork?

Backbox is fine, just the sides lost the red...

#135 3 years ago

Reinstated the jet bumper lights today. Makes a big difference up that top end.

I followed this tutorial

https://www.flippers.be/hurricane_poplamps.html

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Good info, thanks for posting! Makes me wonder if my machine had them from birth, or if somebody did an upgrade along the way.

Do your bumper lights come on constantly or do they work with the lamp matrix?

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

They work with the matrix.

cool. was gunna say, if they dont and they are GI, then likely done by someone after the fact. But if they are matrix, could be either! :")

Take some picks from underneath, should be easy to see how they are wired and if its factory or not, would be cool to know!

1 week later
#141 3 years ago

100% agree dude. I have had this for a few weeks and I can't stop playing it now I'm getting the rules and strategies down. I'm only up to 90M but can how I can go higher.

I'm hoping to have a Bride of Pinbot next to my Hurricane next week! We have similar taste! Haha.

1 week later
#142 3 years ago

Calling all Hurricane owners..

I wonder if I could ask for a picture from the underside of the cabinet please?

Could I get a close up of the wiring for the right hand "cat" targets please?

Im seeing some strange behaviour, if I press T1 and T2 together the sling shot fires. Plus rows 1,2 and 6,7 are all dimly lit when the Hurricane wheel is spinning and the playfield ought to be dark. Ive got new software flahsed to fix LEDs, but as this is specific rows, I've started looking for some wiring issues.

The updated software fixed another ghosting issue perfectly. This one, I think is wiring.

Any help, really really appreciated, I'm also checking schematics..see if I can see anything there .

Rob

IMG_20201207_132842 (resized).jpgIMG_20201207_132842 (resized).jpgIMG_20201207_132849 (resized).jpgIMG_20201207_132849 (resized).jpg
#144 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

I can shoot some pics when I get home if nobody else posts before then.

Amazing, thank you.

I think Target 2 has the wires the wrong way around..

#146 3 years ago

Perfect, thank you. I have moved the wiring and checked against yours. All working fine now.

Rob

#147 3 years ago

Moving on to next failure..

I have non non-ghosting LEDs.

When I shoot the Mystery and the playfield goes dark, flashers run and the DMD lights and Wheel spins.

Rows 1,2 & 6,7 in the matrix are all dimly lit. (Juggler 1 and Juggler 2 lamps dimly lit for example)

Don't s'pose anyone with LEDs could have a look at the same? Id like to know if its the machine code or wiring issue..

Appreciate its a bit of a long shot! haha

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

My Hurricane is in pieces right now, so can't test, sorry.

Oh no! What's going on? Cleaning?

#151 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Luckily no problems. Somebody just needed to borrow my ferris wheels.

You dont get to say that every day!

1 week later
#153 3 years ago
Quoted from Kixslash:

Is that piece of metal attached to the front slingshot plastic post on the left slingshot a factory part to keep the ball from dropping on the plastic?

Isn't on mine

#155 3 years ago

I do get issues with the ball wanting to get onto that plastic

I can't get the ball wire any further over left due to the Hurricane loop.

#156 3 years ago

Any Hurricane owners confirm something for me please?

When Solenoids fire around the table, quite often my Hurricane wheel takes a small jump.

Is it the same on all Hurricanes?

Thx in advance (trying to troubleshoot a stubborn fault and wonder if this is connected!)

Rob

#159 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can't say i've ever noticed it.

Thanks bud. Suspect something a little wonky with mine then..

1 week later
#162 3 years ago
Quoted from Kixslash:

My Hurricane came with this plastic above the pop bumpers missing. It appears to have black plastic extensions that mount it to the pop bumpers. How long are they, what diameter and is it just self threaded screws that secure the plastic to the bumper body?
Thanks a lot.
Hoping the USPS gets my boards back soon so I can get it running 100 percent again..
[quoted image]

Hey, did you get this sorted? I can take some pictures and measurements for you today if not.

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from Kixslash:

My Hurricane came with this plastic above the pop bumpers missing. It appears to have black plastic extensions that mount it to the pop bumpers. How long are they, what diameter and is it just self threaded screws that secure the plastic to the bumper body?
Thanks a lot.
Hoping the USPS gets my boards back soon so I can get it running 100 percent again..
[quoted image]

You need 3 black spacers. 2 are the same at 15mm (have screws through them into bumpers) and one is longer at 30mm (sits on right side, just for support.) https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8022-3

You can get these on lots of places.

The screw is an inch and a half. Number 6, pan head.

You will need two, they do down and into the bumper.

IMG_20201229_161859 (resized).jpgIMG_20201229_161859 (resized).jpgIMG_20201229_161917 (resized).jpgIMG_20201229_161917 (resized).jpg
#166 3 years ago
Quoted from Johnnny:

looking for the lower plastic piece in the picture (longer one just above the target and wraps around the bumper). or a quality scan of the piece if anyone happens to have one out. Thanks you. Only place we can find on is over seas and the freight was near a 1000. lol
Thank you for any helpful options
John
[quoted image]

I got my replacement from Pinball Center in Germany.

I have a scan, it's also worth getting some plastic protectors cut for that particular piece, as it seems to get snapped by the Dunk the Dummy target, gets alot of direct hits.

Attached the PDF, also have a PNG if thats better for you.

If you would like the STL or DXF drawing files for the plastic, message me. Then you can send them to a local laser company, and they can cut 3mm acrylic neon for you. You can then put it under the plastic, to stop it from snapping again if you need it. You can also use the drawings to get plastic cut on a laser and then wet transfer the graphics on.

Hurricane dunk the dummy plastic 1.pdfHurricane dunk the dummy plastic 1.pdf
#169 3 years ago

Yes. Those are the ones, I linked to them above I think?

They seem to be out everywhere, I'm waiting on some too for my return guides.

1 month later
#174 3 years ago

Yup that was me.

Some had and some didn't have pop lamps.

I installed them based on the info on https://www.flippers.be/hurricane_poplamps.html

Came out lovely as they are already in the matrix, just not used..

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Nope, one for myself, one for a friend. They'll both be cleaned up and playable. Thanks for the info.

You'll both love the game! I don't know if you've played it before, I hadn't when I came across mine in a barn find with a buddy, knowing nothing of the game.

I've grown to utterly love it. Some great shots, not too complex, hard enough but smooth and flowing.

I've been playing BoP alot lately as I am restoring one, by comparison BoP is clanky, quicker, metallic, less soft rubber. I love em both and I guess they made BoP to be exactly like that, seeing as it's a robot theme! I always enjoy coming back to Hurricane for those long, sweeping, soft feel shots.

35M on ball one with 2 extra balls in the bag tonight. Slam tilt. Game over. Noooo! I'm am idiot..

#188 3 years ago

Becoming annoyed with the Hurricane ramp exit down by the left sling.

Ball comes so quick that it always wants to try and pop out over the sling.

If I run it down manually, just off the wire, it's fine. So it's the faster speed when it does the whole run that seems to want to make it bang I to the sling.

Spent 30 mins trying to fix it. No joy. Needs more investigation!

1 week later
#191 3 years ago

Hurricane brothers and sisters....Can I ask a favour please?

I am going through the power board on my machine next.. (I havent given it proper once over and seeing as I found this thing in a barn covered in pine needles, I think I better have a look behind the board!!

I notice on J118, I have not 1 but 2 splitters! Does anyone else have multiple splits on J118? Curious if this is a fix on mine for something...

Thx in advance!

#193 3 years ago

Perfect thank you. I'll follow some of these wires and see what's been going in!

Replacing burnt connectors as we speak. Not sure I'm up for C5 replacement yet!

IMG_20210213_230103 (resized).jpgIMG_20210213_230103 (resized).jpgIMG_20210213_234826 (resized).jpgIMG_20210213_234826 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#195 3 years ago

Thx man.. I have 3 splitters on J118 one of which goes to the motor in backbox.. I'm wondering if that's it..

#197 3 years ago

Looks good buddy.

Can I ask Hurricane users, when you get extra ball lit, does it change its position between lanes, when the ball hits the slings?

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from Netropolis:

Yes, it does on mine, pop-bumpers too - you can also reposition it with the flippers so if you hit a ramp you can point it to the in-lane to get the extra ball.

Thanks for confirming. I just thought it was the flippers..

I only just discovered that is what changing lane means on the apron!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Keller, TX
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Rutledge, PA
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Colorado Springs, CO
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Biglouie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hurricane-club-comet-and-cyclone-owners-are-also-welcome?tu=Biglouie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.