(Topic ID: 200536)

Hurricane Club (Comet and Cyclone owners are also welcome)

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 375 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240414_000206417 (resized).jpg
hurricane.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
p2 (resized).jpg
p1 (resized).jpg
hurr3 (resized).jpg
hurr2 (resized).jpg
hurr1 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_2151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2150 (resized).jpeg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
Hurricane topper 5 inch tall (resized).jpg
20230423_233622 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230121_085936.jpg
D985E622-32A8-4065-B3DA-49F9E3BBACA0 (resized).jpeg
There are 375 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 1 year ago

The Hurricane bottom ramp is the most requested ramp I have at the moment. I believe Starship has passed on this project for now, so I would like to get this one out there for folks this fall. If someone has an origonal that isn't too hosed up, there is a free one in it for you if I can have your original to make a mold from.
Thanks,
Jody

#302 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The Hurricane bottom ramp is the most requested ramp I have at the moment. I believe Starship has passed on this project for now, so I would like to get this one out there for folks this fall. If someone has an origonal that isn't too hosed up, there is a free one in it for you if I can have your original to make a mold from.
Thanks,
Jody

Hey Jody,

Thanks for getting this one done! Mine is in good shape except for the upper spot where it's screwed down. I got permission from my kids to let you use it. Hurricane is their favorite, but they survived while the ferris wheels were out having their decals copied. Only about a 5% chance I'll be at York, but I can ship it if necessary. Pics in a min, let me know what you think???

16647613676103662285135689704414 (resized).jpg16647613676103662285135689704414 (resized).jpg16647613851382285118296789880421 (resized).jpg16647613851382285118296789880421 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#304 1 year ago

Anyone know where I can find the plastic cover for the Comet ramp? The one that keeps the ball on the ramp? Rebuilt the flippers in my Hurricane a few months ago, using the old coils. Now when I get a good hit off either flipper up the Comet ramp, the ball flies off into the upper right playfield. I can’t find the part listed in the manual. Probably a part that comes included with the ramp.

#305 1 year ago

I contacted Feeplay40 and asked if he still makes this piece, and he does!

1 week later
#306 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Thanks,
Jody

Sign me up for one! Mine is cracked in two at the lowest curve, broken then re-glued by the guy who did a partial restoration for me before I bought it in '13. (He did reduce the price accordingly.) I doubt you would want to use mine for the mold form however.

#307 1 year ago
Quoted from bhelms:

Sign me up for one! Mine is cracked in two at the lowest curve, broken then re-glued by the guy who did a partial restoration for me before I bought it in '13. (He did reduce the price accordingly.) I doubt you would want to use mine for the mold form however.

Just sent my ramp to him this week and it arrived safely. Hopefully the new ones will be available soon.

#308 1 year ago

Coming soon thanks to Jay! I have some metal bits coming in the next couple weeks, and then I will have these available for sale once Jay confirms the fit.

20221112_161332 (resized).jpg20221112_161332 (resized).jpg
#309 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Coming soon thanks to Jay! I have some metal bits coming in the next couple weeks, and then I will have these available for sale once Jay confirms the fit.[quoted image]

I guess I do deserve most of the credit. It probably took at least 15 minutes to remove the ramp and pack it up.

1 week later
#310 1 year ago

Has anyone ever succeeded in creating a new sound and audio chips for this game?, as much as I enjoy the game play, the sound in my opinion is utter shit!.....if it wasn't for 53 other machines drowning out the sound of this game I probably wouldn't have bought it.....

But if someone has improved on the factory iteration of its sounds I'd love to hear about it

#311 1 year ago

Anybody ever ventured down the path of creating new vocal and audio files for this pin?, while I enjoy the actual game play, the audio is awful (sounds alot better blended with 53 other machines )

I know it's unlikely, just thought I'd ask

1 week later
#312 1 year ago

For posterity, you can now find the long requested lower Hurricane ramps here: https://rampomatic.com/collections/bally-williams-ramps/products/williams-hurricane-lower-ramp-a-14709

20221203_124508 (resized).jpg20221203_124508 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#313 1 year ago
Quoted from Ricbec:

Has anyone ever succeeded in creating a new sound and audio chips for this game?, as much as I enjoy the game play, the sound in my opinion is utter shit!.....if it wasn't for 53 other machines drowning out the sound of this game I probably wouldn't have bought it.....
But if someone has improved on the factory iteration of its sounds I'd love to hear about it

I just added a subwoofer with high level input for the machine. It helped quite a bit. Cost me $40 off Facebook Marketplace plus speaker wire I already had. The voice is still scratchy but the overall tone of everything is much improved.

1 week later
#314 1 year ago

Should receive my new lower ramp in the next day or 2....

Anyone got any good tips on how to safely remove the stickers from old plastics and onto new ramp?

Cheers

#315 1 year ago

Hi all. My hurricane has developed an issue. It’s blowing f114.

Also errors displayed?
Ground short row 1
Ground short row 2

Any suggestions where to start before I dig into it blindly?

Thx

DB5444E8-B044-470D-ABC2-512CF3791857 (resized).jpegDB5444E8-B044-470D-ABC2-512CF3791857 (resized).jpeg
#316 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

For posterity, you can now find the long requested lower Hurricane ramps here: https://rampomatic.com/collections/bally-williams-ramps/products/williams-hurricane-lower-ramp-a-14709[quoted image]

I checked this out and your site is showing "Backordered". Are these ramps being made to order? If so, let me know how to proceed. Thanks!

#317 1 year ago

Hi all. My hurricane has developed an issue. It’s blowing f114.

Also errors displayed?
Ground short row 1
Ground short row 2

Any suggestions where to start before I dig into it blindly?
Thx

D985E622-32A8-4065-B3DA-49F9E3BBACA0 (resized).jpegD985E622-32A8-4065-B3DA-49F9E3BBACA0 (resized).jpeg
#318 1 year ago
Quoted from bhelms:

I checked this out and your site is showing "Backordered". Are these ramps being made to order? If so, let me know how to proceed. Thanks!

I am all out right now, but ill be making another batch next week.

#319 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am all out right now, but ill be making another batch next week.

Great! Thanks for the update. I'm certainly in no hurry but I'd like to take advantage of the "special" if it's still available...

2 weeks later
#320 1 year ago

Hi all - my new-to-me hurricane desperately needs a plastic set. Every piece is trashed

I can’t find a set anywhere.

If you have a set you’d sell or know where one is avail please let me know.

I’ve have searched extensively online…..

Thx!

#321 1 year ago

Some can be found here...

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/hurricane/?p=1

But they don't ship to the US. If you have any friends in Canada you can ship to them. I also might gave a few extra that another pinsider gave me. I'll take a look tomorrow.

#322 1 year ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Some can be found here...
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/hurricane/?p=1
But they don't ship to the US. If you have any friends in Canada you can ship to them. I also might gave a few extra that another pinsider gave me. I'll take a look tomorrow.

Great - thx! I’ll wait to hear from you

Pete

#323 1 year ago

Hi - thx to Jody and Jaytrem, my hurricane will live again!

Does anyone have a suggestion on where to buy stickers/decals for the ramps?

Thx!!

#324 1 year ago
Quoted from petebest:

Thx!!

I havnt been able to find those stickers anywhere.....shame cause I could do with a set when my new ramps arrive

#325 1 year ago
Quoted from petebest:

Hi - thx to Jody and Jaytrem, my hurricane will live again!
Thx!!

I'm going to try to transfer the decals on the ramp section. For the stickers on the top side, I'll likely scan/print a set and see how they look

1 week later
#326 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

For posterity, you can now find the long requested lower Hurricane ramps here: https://rampomatic.com/collections/bally-williams-ramps/products/williams-hurricane-lower-ramp-a-14709[quoted image]

Installed this new beautiful ramp. Thank you Ramp-O-Matic!

IMG_20230121_085936.jpgIMG_20230121_085936.jpg
#327 1 year ago

Greetings! I've been working on a Pin2DMD package for Hurricane and I think I've got it just about ready for its debut. Assuming final testing goes well over the next few weeks, I plan on launching this in early February. I'll provide an update when it's ready.

Enjoy the preview below and excuse the horrible play below. I couldn't hit anything tonight. When I shoot the final video, I'll do something with the glass off so you can see all the modes.

Enjoy!

4 weeks later
#328 1 year ago

The queue line is open for the finalized version of the Hurricane Pin2DMD colorization. Please contact me if you are interested in the files for real pins for instructions on joining the Individual Lightning Lane - thanks Chapek.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjXLYjKVWQ7e2IXqlz_AMpA

1 month later
#329 1 year ago

I'm searching for a Hurricane plastic dome topper. I can't seem to find any for sale. Used or new is fine.
Do you have a recommendation on where to purchase? Or, should I try the 3d print route?

2 weeks later
#330 1 year ago

Surely there is someone in the know out there who loves hurricane enough to produce new sound roms.....this game is let down alot by bad sound effects and scratchy audio......good game in other respects

#331 12 months ago

Looking for a tip or 2

Got new ramps for this game...but when I'm trying to remove stickers from existing ramps, the adhesive is so old it is staying on the ramp and not the stickers

Any tips on what would be the best adhesive to reapply to the stickers that's not super permanent?......

I was just thinking some clear double sided tape....but worried it might be too permanent

#332 12 months ago
Quoted from Ricbec:

Looking for a tip or 2
Got new ramps for this game...but when I'm trying to remove stickers from existing ramps, the adhesive is so old it is staying on the ramp and not the stickers
Any tips on what would be the best adhesive to reapply to the stickers that's not super permanent?......
I was just thinking some clear double sided tape....but worried it might be too permanent

Some people have used 2 sided tape and number of other have recommended various spray on glue (after cleaning off any old glue left on the decals). Like this one...

https://www.sears.com/helmar-v2-vellum-adhesive-5.82-ounce/p-SPM6382259603

Which decals were you able to remove? Did they all come off in one piece?

#333 12 months ago
Quoted from Ricbec:

Looking for a tip or 2

Same thing happened to me. The decals transferred over just fine, but the stickers were in really bad shape after removal. I scanned them and re-drew them in illustrator. Gonna get them printed on laminated vinyl stickers. Hoping the final result is good
20230423_233622 (resized).jpg20230423_233622 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#334 11 months ago

I ended up 3D printing the crown topper . I printed in two pieces and glued them together. I think it turned out good considering I could not find a place to purchase the Hurricane topper anywhere. See picture. This one is 5 inches tall.

I printed one that is 6 inches tall for my first attempt at 3d printing. My topper was melted so I did not know exactly how tall it was originally. I have listed it in the Market Place for basically the price of the materials and shipping.

Quoted from matt1999:

I'm searching for a Hurricane plastic dome topper. I can't seem to find any for sale. Used or new is fine.
Do you have a recommendation on where to purchase? Or, should I try the 3d print route?

Hurricane topper 5 inch tall (resized).jpgHurricane topper 5 inch tall (resized).jpg
#335 11 months ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

Same thing happened to me. The decals transferred over just fine, but the stickers were in really bad shape after removal. I scanned them and re-drew them in illustrator. Gonna get them printed on laminated vinyl stickers. Hoping the final result is good
[quoted image]

Hi Archon9000 my decals are crap also, if wiling,I be interested in buying a set from you?
Jim

#336 11 months ago

Got an old beater comet the other day and completed my set.

Needs a flipper rebuild. If i decide i really like it i'll upgrade to a better example.

#337 11 months ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

[quoted image]

I’d love to buy a set, too. Please DM me if you’d sell me some

Thx!
Pete

#338 11 months ago

So….. I’m getting an error for switch #31 Ferris Wheel and all 3 drop target switches when I research the credit dot. All appear to be optos. I have checked the continuity of the green/orange wire which is in that column and is related to all 4 switches, and the wire is intact. The left outlane, left return lane, and left slingshot are also a part of that column with the green/orange wire but those switches all work. I believe I don’t think I’m getting power to the opto board when I checked it with my meter. All fuses test as good. Any help is appreciated….

1 month later
#339 9 months ago

Hey folks - I need some diagnostics help. I'm having issues with the Juggler operation. When I shoot a ball into the Juggler left hole the Juggler right solenoid starts firing once every second or so. The Juggler left solenoid does not fire and the ball remains "stuck" in the left hole. When the machine does a "ball search" I hear the rest of the solenoids firing but apparently NOT the Juggler left solenoid. When I power off/on and start a game with that ball still stuck, the machine cycles the solenoids to find the missing ball and THEN the Juggler left solenoid fires to kick the ball over to the right side and out. Switch test shows both Juggler hole switches 56 and 57 open. When I toss a ball into the left Juggler hole, that switch 56 shows as closed. I can't get to 57 to try to press it. So it seems both solenoids are working and at least switch 56 is working properly. Also, when I am playing the ball away from the Juggler, sometimes the Juggler right solenoid starts firing once per second on its own and won't quit until power down. Any ideas? Thanks...!

#340 9 months ago
Quoted from bhelms:

Hey folks - I need some diagnostics help. I'm having issues with the Juggler operation. When I shoot a ball into the Juggler left hole the Juggler right solenoid starts firing once every second or so. The Juggler left solenoid does not fire and the ball remains "stuck" in the left hole. When the machine does a "ball search" I hear the rest of the solenoids firing but apparently NOT the Juggler left solenoid. When I power off/on and start a game with that ball still stuck, the machine cycles the solenoids to find the missing ball and THEN the Juggler left solenoid fires to kick the ball over to the right side and out. Switch test shows both Juggler hole switches 56 and 57 open. When I toss a ball into the left Juggler hole, that switch 56 shows as closed. I can't get to 57 to try to press it. So it seems both solenoids are working and at least switch 56 is working properly. Also, when I am playing the ball away from the Juggler, sometimes the Juggler right solenoid starts firing once per second on its own and won't quit until power down.

I thought it might be a controller or board problem based on your diagnostics. There are several Pinside threads that are similar - however, they are not in this club thread, but in different repair sub forums.

Try
https://www.google.com/search?q=pinball+hurricane+juggler+solenoid+controller&oq=pinball+hurricane+juggler+solenoid+c&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j33i160l4j33i299l2.381978301j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

These 2 results looked promising. The first did not solve it, but there are some helpful comments. The 2nd had a *lot* of useful diagnostic comments and they seemed to solve their issue in the end. It was board related.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hurricane-juggler-issue-please-help
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hurricane-pinball-juggler-problem

-Adam, who does not have a Hurricane, but saw your post in the Rush owners club. I've played a lot of Comet/Cyclone/Hurricane in the wild, though.

#341 9 months ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

I thought it might be a controller or board problem based on your diagnostics. There are several Pinside threads that are similar - however, they are not in this club thread, but in different repair sub forums.
Try
https://www.google.com/search?q=pinball+hurricane+juggler+solenoid+controller&oq=pinball+hurricane+juggler+solenoid+c&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j33i160l4j33i299l2.381978301j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
These 2 results looked promising. The first did not solve it, but there are some helpful comments. The 2nd had a *lot* of useful diagnostic comments and they seemed to solve their issue in the end. It was board related.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hurricane-juggler-issue-please-help
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hurricane-pinball-juggler-problem
-Adam, who does not have a Hurricane, but saw your post in the Rush owners club. I've played a lot of Comet/Cyclone/Hurricane in the wild, though.

Thanks Adam. I too was thinking it might be circuit related. I'll start digging into the information you linked. I replaced the controller board a year ago to bring this machine back from the dead and with that and a few other repairs it has been running well since then, which prompted me to do a good bit of upgrades as well. This new problem surfaced a week ago.

I'll post my progress and results here. Thanks again...!

1 week later
#342 8 months ago

Is this piece available anywhere besides pinball center?

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
#343 8 months ago
Quoted from NYP:

Is this piece available anywhere besides pinball center?
[quoted image]

Have never seen them anywhere else. Good time to make a friend in Canada or Europe.

#344 8 months ago

Sorry if I'm late to the party as I just started shopping my hurricane. So this machine is so unloved that no one has reproduced a plastic set for it? I see ramps are available which is nice, but they are expensive as hell. Seems parts for this game are limited to say the least. Other than pinball center, any overseas options? Not finding anything, TIA

#345 8 months ago
Quoted from NYP:

Sorry if I'm late to the party as I just started shopping my hurricane. So this machine is so unloved that no one has reproduced a plastic set for it? I see ramps are available which is nice, but they are expensive as hell. Seems parts for this game are limited to say the least. Other than pinball center, any overseas options? Not finding anything, TIA

Yes, parts are limited, while I like the game, it is certainly one of the less loved titles.....yes ramps are pricey, I just put all new ramps in mine...made the game look alot better as my originals had seen better days.

2 months later
#346 6 months ago

Hello, I want to ask you , the multiball mode is with 2 balls or 3 balls? In the table write install 2 balls, but in other videos on YouTube I see other with 3 balls

#347 6 months ago

3 balls.

1 week later
#348 6 months ago

I enter the club again. I’m very happy! my new hurricane is in the restoration process!

IMG_2150 (resized).jpegIMG_2150 (resized).jpegIMG_2151 (resized).jpegIMG_2151 (resized).jpeg

#349 6 months ago
Quoted from ababapanos:

I enter the club again. I’m very happy! my new hurricane is in the restoration process!

[quoted image][quoted image]

Good luck on the restore. I brought one back to life a couple years ago. Since you’ve got it mostly apart, now would be a good time to add the missing lights back to the pop bumpers.

https://www.flippers.be/hurricane_poplamps.html

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hurricane-pop-bumpers

It really helps liven up a dead spot on the game.

#350 6 months ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Good luck on the restore. I brought one back to life a couple years ago. Since you’ve got it mostly apart, now would be a good time to add the missing lights back to the pop bumpers.
https://www.flippers.be/hurricane_poplamps.html
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hurricane-pop-bumpers
It really helps liven up a dead spot on the game.

Thank you
if you see the video I uploaded before you will see that I added lights to bumpers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 375 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hurricane-club-comet-and-cyclone-owners-are-also-welcome/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.