(Topic ID: 200536)

Hurricane Club (Comet and Cyclone owners are also welcome)

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 377 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 minutes ago by bhelms
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240414_000206417 (resized).jpg
hurricane.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
p2 (resized).jpg
p1 (resized).jpg
hurr3 (resized).jpg
hurr2 (resized).jpg
hurr1 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_2151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2150 (resized).jpeg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
Hurricane topper 5 inch tall (resized).jpg
20230423_233622 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230121_085936.jpg
D985E622-32A8-4065-B3DA-49F9E3BBACA0 (resized).jpeg
There are 377 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 3 years ago

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Hurricane parts lot for Restoration or upgrade your older machine. Selling as a lot only! This lot is all Brand NEW/OEM/NOS. Except 1 random plastic I found to throw in. 13 pieces-...”
2021-03-06
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 28 days
Viewed: 157 times
Contributed to Pinside

#202 3 years ago

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “All 3 Wire Forms for your Hurricane Pinball machine. 1- Shooter lane wire to upper ramp. 2-Center ramp return to right flipper. 3-Crossover to left flipper. All 3 in Great shape wi...”
2021-06-27
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 216 times

#203 3 years ago

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Blue Ferris Wheel for Hurricane. Can also be used for Cyclone if you desire! This is an Original NOS part. 30 years old. This is not the modern oem part. Price includes Shipping.”
2021-06-27
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 208 times
Contributed to Pinside

2 weeks later
#204 3 years ago

Bump for 3 above posts.
Ill take 180 for restore lot and 20 for the 1 ferris wheel.
Wire forms are free shipping.

3 weeks later
#205 3 years ago

I was out today validating the Pinmap and ran across a Hurricane pin that had a splotchy DMD and it seemed all the lights were out. I was thinking of approaching the owner to fix the light problem, but was curious why the DMD was acting very weird. I didn't see anything with my google-fu skills saying how to repair a DMD that only partially worked in splotches. Has anyone run across a similar problem?

238BFBAC-2D92-403D-90B3-F0BCBA507E5A (resized).jpeg238BFBAC-2D92-403D-90B3-F0BCBA507E5A (resized).jpeg
#206 3 years ago

Reseating ribbon cables has worked for me before with dodgy display probs.

#207 3 years ago

Having trouble finding a part number for the 3-lamp housing over the right ramp.
As you can see, mine is severely warped from heat generated by the bulbs.
I think it's part # B-10999... but don't see any aftermarket repros or NOS pieces anywhere.

Anyone ever replace this or know of a source to get one?
Thanks in advance!

20210421_105953 (resized).jpg20210421_105953 (resized).jpg
#208 3 years ago
Quoted from Archon9000:Having trouble finding a part number for the 3-lamp housing over the right ramp.
As you can see, mine is severely warped from heat generated by the bulbs.
I think it's part # B-10999... but don't see any aftermarket repros or NOS pieces anywhere.
Anyone ever replace this or know of a source to get one?
Thanks in advance!
[quoted image]

This is the same lamp housing used in High Speed if that helps. They're interchangeable.

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

This is the same lamp housing used in High Speed if that helps. They're interchangeable.

Thank you very much! With that in mind, this is good:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-B-10999

#210 3 years ago

Check with Pinball Resource as well. It's where I got mine a few years ago.

#212 3 years ago

I don't like any of the Gottlieb clown theme pinballs or any clown theme pinballs and yet I love all of the clown artwork on the Hurricane from the Cabinet to the Playfield to the Translite to the Clown Time clowns animation. I guess I love everything about Hurricane.

1 month later
#213 2 years ago

Hi guys,

New owner of an hurricane pinball.
Already ordered color dmd and titan rubbers.

Where can I find the slingshot plastics?

What do you use for backbox lighting?
1smd non ghosting or
2smd white non frosted Bulb?

What about the playfield?

Thx

F50F3358-12CE-450B-9A93-01345BDC7F2A (resized).jpegF50F3358-12CE-450B-9A93-01345BDC7F2A (resized).jpegA05CDEEB-06AA-441F-BF8E-29C260375C52 (resized).jpegA05CDEEB-06AA-441F-BF8E-29C260375C52 (resized).jpegCF06E63E-001E-48FD-B322-4828B6C7A2C9 (resized).jpegCF06E63E-001E-48FD-B322-4828B6C7A2C9 (resized).jpeg

#214 2 years ago

Welcome to the club! I guess you're the one that bought the Titan set I created, just got a $1.22 credit from them!

I have Pinball Centre slingshot plastics on mine, they're a good color match, some of the ones out there are not. You can also pick up the dummy plastic from them. Probably a good idea to buy a couple, they're always broken. The color doesn't match as well, it's not bad, and at least it's not broken. But if you want it to match the upper piece, you may want to buy both. I just removed my upper since it's not really needed.

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/hurricane/?p=2

Luckily they'll ship to you since you live in Canada (no US shipping).

I purchased my machine from a guy that owns a light company, so it was already loaded with LEDs (luckily tastefully). So can't help out much there. I did add a couple brighter ones in a few places around the playfield (cool white).

Please let us know how the upgrades go.

#215 2 years ago

Yes thats me loll, thats funny

I will look at the website, thx a lot.

Im on the fence for 2smd or 1smd non ghosting.

I was also thinking about powdercoating the rails and legs in black with some sort of flakes. Anyone has done this?

Quoted from jaytrem:

Welcome to the club! I guess you're the one that bought the Titan set I created, just got a $1.22 credit from them!
I have Pinball Centre slingshot plastics on mine, they're a good color match, some of the ones out there are not. You can also pick up the dummy plastic from them. Probably a good idea to buy a couple, they're always broken. The color doesn't match as well, it's not bad, and at least it's not broken. But if you want it to match the upper piece, you may want to buy both. I just removed my upper since it's not really needed.
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/hurricane/?p=2
Luckily they'll ship to you since you live in Canada (no US shipping).
I purchased my machine from a guy that owns a light company, so it was already loaded with LEDs (luckily tastefully). So can't help out much there. I did add a couple brighter ones in a few places around the playfield (cool white).
Please let us know how the upgrades go.

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Yes thats me loll, thats funny
I will look at the website, thx a lot.
Im on the fence for 2smd or 1smd non ghosting.
I was also thinking about powdercoating the rails and legs in black with some sort of flakes. Anyone has done this?

I go with 1 smd for inserts, 2 smd frosted for GI, and frosted 1 smd for the backbox. I.used warm white behind the disc. Cool white for the outer areas of the backbox

20210211_183145 (resized).jpg20210211_183145 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#218 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Hi guys,
New owner of an hurricane pinball.
Already ordered color dmd and titan rubbers.
Where can I find the slingshot plastics?
What do you use for backbox lighting?
1smd non ghosting or
2smd white non frosted Bulb?
What about the playfield?
Thx
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Also from Canada... I ordered a Titan kit for Hurricane a month ago and it's still stuck at the USPS station in Illinois. You get yours yet? Packages seem to taking forever to clear customs.

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

Also from Canada... I ordered a Titan kit for Hurricane a month ago and it's still stuck at the USPS station in Illinois. You get yours yet? Packages seem to taking forever to clear customs.

Usps/canada post is very bad at the moment. Cheaper but you wait so long…

1 week later
#220 2 years ago

Hello everyone,

I am in need of some help. I am almost done restoring my Williams Hurricane after a year and a half (yes a long project for my first restor). Prior to removing all of the wires in the backbox and cabinet I put labels on them indicating where they went. When I put the playfield back into the game this weekend the game powers up, but will not start.

On the WPC Driver Board, I found on a wire that had broken off one of the IDC connectors coming off of the J118 header. Coming off the 4 pin IDC connector that goes into J118 there are two other 4 pin IDC connectors hooked up with a Z connector (why I don't know exactly). I went and got some 22ga wire (which I think was still too thick), but as I was trying to fix it three of the other wires broke off (the gray/yellow wires and black). Now I have a mess on my hands as I am a little confused how the whole thing was hooked up in the first place.

I have attached a picture of how I think it goes but hell I am not sure.

Could anyone share any pictures (or a drawing) how this is supposed to be hooked up?

Thank you very much for your help. I'll post some pictures of my game when I am done.

20210622_194149 (resized).jpg20210622_194149 (resized).jpg
#221 2 years ago

Can’t help but did you source a new playfield and decals, where did you purchase? Do you like them?

#222 2 years ago

Hope that helps

IMG_20210623_174651.jpgIMG_20210623_174651.jpgIMG_20210623_174706.jpgIMG_20210623_174706.jpg
#223 2 years ago

Yes it does. My next problem is I don't have an IDC .156" punch down tool. I've tried small tools but it just doesn't work right.

I found this manual/article on Williams 1990-1999 WPC.
http://pinballsupernova.com/Williams%20Repair%20Guide/Williams%201990-1999%20WPC.pdf

In it they state that the Z-connector eliminated it by splicing the wires together, soldering and heat-shrinking.
Your thoughts?

zconnector (resized).pngzconnector (resized).png
#224 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Can’t help but did you source a new playfield and decals, where did you purchase? Do you like them?

I did not get a new playfield, I just touched up the old playfield. It is ok. I wish I would have clear coated it. Maybe some other time.

I did had totally stripped/sanded down the entire cabinet. I got new decals off of a seller on Ebay. The were beautiful. Here is the link:

ebay.com link: itm

#225 2 years ago

So I did as the article said. I twist tied them for now. Game powers up and all the GI lights are working. The lights I added to the pop bumpers even work. Game has zero credits. I tried to go into TEST mode but it does not work and the game won't start....Urghhh

Any ideas?

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from rdrapeau3171:

So I did as the article said. I twist tied them for now. Game powers up and all the GI lights are working. The lights I added to the pop bumpers even work. Game has zero credits. I tried to go into TEST mode but it does not work and the game won't start....Urghhh
Any ideas?

Put a quarter in?
Sounds like a ground or connection to the door itself should be checked - especially if the test buttons are out.

#227 2 years ago

Uhm...I know that I took the ground cable from the coin door and grounded it to the leg bolt plate inside the cabinet where I ran new ground braid.

I had the coin door powder coated. Does powder coating hinder grounding?

#228 2 years ago
Quoted from rdrapeau3171:

Uhm...I know that I took the ground cable from the coin door and grounded it to the leg bolt plate inside the cabinet where I ran new ground braid.
I had the coin door powder coated. Does powder coating hinder grounding?

That's a different type of grounding. I mean for the switches themselves. Check wiring to the coin door; specially the 'common' (I think, WMS used 'black' as common there..) The braid - yes, you should connect it, but it wouldn't cause this. That's so that you don't shock yourself if you mis-wire a coil or something.

#229 2 years ago

Coyote,
I figured out my problem. Thank you for your help.

#230 2 years ago

Found

#231 2 years ago

Hey all. Just joined the club!

Are there no lamps in the pop bumpers?

Anyone have a topper for sale Mine is missing.

Thanks!

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Thanks!

Welcome to the club

You purchased it in ontario?
How much you paid if you dont mind?

#233 2 years ago

Thanks!

No lamps in pops from factory.
Many ad them.
Toppers pop up every once awhile.

#234 2 years ago

Anyone have a topper for sale

Many ad them.

Actually, several of the first machines had factory lighted pops. Mine does.

#235 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Welcome to the club
You purchased it in ontario?
How much you paid if you dont mind?

Thanks man! It was part of a multiple pin deal so depends on how I distribute the total but into it for close to 4k either way which is a little on the high end!! Maybe a lot on the high end lol!

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Many ad them.

Ok cool thanks!!!

#237 2 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I wonder why they pulled them from production!! I mean it is 10 cents a socket back then lol!

#238 2 years ago

Thanks!

Alouette in MTL has an old one in stock... plastic looked a bit yellowed when I saw it.
Parts dept is open Moday, Wednesday and Friday

Alouette Amusement
8505 Chemin Delmeade, Mont-Royal, QC H4T 1M1
(514) 342-9111

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Mine has them too.
If memory serves, they aren't part of the GI, but rather the lamp matrix

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

Alouette in MTL has an old one in stock... plastic looked a bit yellowed when I saw it.
Parts dept is open Moday, Wednesday and Friday
Alouette Amusement
8505 Chemin Delmeade, Mont-Royal, QC H4T 1M1
(514) 342-9111

Oh cool thanks! I seen a post where they were selling off some inventory! I will inquire!

Quoted from Archon9000:

Mine has them too.
If memory serves, they aren't part of the GI, but rather the lamp matrix

Ahh controlled lamps...I guess people who add sockets would tie them into the GI then likley.

#241 2 years ago

Hey all! My blue Ferris wheel is slipping. I read a couple threads on it. I have a new drive belt I will clean and install and tighten the tension if needed.

Id like to remove the whole mech and tear it apart and clean it up but is it a nightmare to remove? Can I change the belt without removing the mech.

Any other tips? I haven't took a good look at it yet but read the mech needs to come out from the top and if i have to tear half the machine apart do do so I'd prefer to not do that if possible.

#242 2 years ago

I removed my Ferris wheels recently. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Was able to do it without removing the big ramps. Long tools and magnets help.

#243 2 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

I removed my Ferris wheels recently. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Was able to do it without removing the big ramps. Long tools and magnets help.

Sweet thanks!

3 weeks later
#244 2 years ago

Hoping for a little help from the community here . I am changing my ferris wheel belt but really struggling to get the wheels back on after inatalling the new belt. Just seems impossible like the belt is too thick or there should be some kind of recess in the back of the wheel ... help

#245 2 years ago
Quoted from chrishoyle99:

Hoping for a little help from the community here . I am changing my ferris wheel belt but really struggling to get the wheels back on after inatalling the new belt. Just seems impossible like the belt is too thick or there should be some kind of recess in the back of the wheel ... help

oh my god, i have changed the belt recently.
it's hard to give advice here, i struggelt a lot with it, i didn't take everything off.
i somehow managed to get the belt in position with a flat screwdriver, pushing it through the thin openings.

1 week later
#246 2 years ago
Quoted from chrishoyle99:

There is a pulley on ferris wheel mech that loosens with a screw driver, it also acts as tension for the belt. Once loose, you can feed belt much easier over all the pulley wheels.
This is on the other side of the ferris wheels on left. You have to pull playfield up to see the third pulley and set screw to loosen.

2 weeks later
#247 2 years ago

Hello guys,

Where in the menu i can enable a ball saved on an hurricane?

#248 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Hello guys,
Where in the menu i can enable a ball saved or an hurricane?

This is your ball save button right here.

DSCF9567[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9567[1] (resized).jpg

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

This is your ball save button right here.
[quoted image]

Lolll true

But still

1 month later
#250 2 years ago

Kerry Richard was kind enough to send me some Hurricane parts to share with others. I'll be at the York show if anybody needs something. Can also mail stuff out if there are no York takers. Please only request what you need, thanks!

16336484760521748274462027964959 (resized).jpg16336484760521748274462027964959 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 377 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hurricane-club-comet-and-cyclone-owners-are-also-welcome/page/5?hl=carlo45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.